Chapter 46- Arrival!
9.8k 16 247
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The atmosphere outside the Treasure door was nothing less than abysmally silent ever since the figure of a mature noblewoman joined the scene.

Accompanied by a troupe of highly trained warriors who held the capability to even subdue the headmaster if push came to shove, the woman entered the Temple like she owned the place.

There were only bowed heads she was greeted with which affected the least to the bittered mood of the Albeck Duchess.

Valarie upon hearing the incident which pushed her beloved through a literal death door, instantly flared out of her villa and used one of the Church oriented teleportation devices to reach over a thousand miles in some hours.

She could take anything but if someone dares to hurt someone whom Valarie adores, then there was nothing less than death awaiting as compensation.

Valarie ran her eyes through the hall and found some familiar faces. However, her current mood didn't allow her to share any greetings with them.

She didn't miss the figure of a raven-haired girl sitting cross-legged in front of the vault, completely unfazed by her presence.

Valarie marked to check on that subject later. First, she needed some answers.

Halting in front of the wrinkled-faced old man like everyone expected, Valarie's cold tone reverberated for everyone to listen.

"Headmaster Rowell Cartbridge. Even though my son holds the greatest epitome that a student can attain, he still was your responsibility ever since I decided to enroll my child in your Academy. Correct me if I am wrong."

Rowell had nothing to say in return rather than to keep his serene gaze fixed on the lady who oozes with pride and arrogance like ever.

The tinge of agitation her demeanor was tainted with, made Rowell undoubtedly quite nervous but his hair hasn't been grayed in sun.

He has been through these kinds of situations quite a few times before as well. And despite being in the wrong, Rowell knows how to deal with the trouble which may cause his very own life.

"I acknowledge the fact that I held every child's responsibility who turns in the Pristine Academy. But this unexpected situation in which Student Seth was caught up, was purely an accident. His atte-"

"Is that so?"

Valarie's smile despite being gorgeous didn't give a pleasurable vibe at all to the man in front. And the aura he felt over his shoulder just like everyone present inside the Temple, was a glimpse of what Valarie was actually capable of.

She was far beyond enraged at this point since not only her beloved child was entrapped in some anomalous space but the person responsible for it was naming it as just an accident.

Some of the early staged students started dropping to their knees because of the force. Thanks to the protective counter barrier Rowell cast on the groups that enable their breath to flow undisturbed for the time being.

Valarie was an existence who can annihilate everyone present here and walk out without having any concern about consequences. The old white-bearded wizard might have aroused some trouble but with the reinforcement, Valarie arrived… it would be a walk in the park for her.

The fact that this single Duchess influenced the whole capital and the other two Dukedoms was enough to tell what degree her social prowess extends up to.

Being one of the three 1st Tier witches in the kingdom boosts her ego to a further level. The veteran of the battlefield who has fought over forty days all alone naturally would possess the pride which makes her what she currently was.

With her voice still vividly audible she further directed her words which seemed nothing less than a warning.

"I am the official investigator of this case and without my permission, no one is allowed to move their arse out of my sight. Including you as well, respected headmaster~."

°___________________°

Inside the Treasury, Serena was sitting flushed face as she saw Seth preparing to slash the wolf's tail.

She was continuously reprimanded for her habit of hiding the foldable knife which turns into a small chocolate cube, deep inside her cleavage.

Due to her inability to move, she offered her bosom to the President which the latter touched without hesitation at all.

He must be urging them to end the battle but she was getting the chills from each hand movements.

Her breast was sensitive enough to remember each of his knuckle textures and the way his hand nearly brushed over the tip of her peaks. His hands were soft but not too much to make it feel womanly. And the warmth comforted and made Serena breathless at the same time.

She never has felt something like this however it wasn't disgusting as she thought. Rather the sensitivity made her moan shamelessly and made her feel slightly ticklish at her nether region.

She could never share how she felt some moments ago and the dangerous sensation she went through made her sure how perverted kind of woman she actually was.

'More of a reason for him to hate me… '

Without even realizing it, Serena was getting more and more influenced by the idea of what Seth thought about her. It might be the difficult times they faced together which naturally forced Serena to break the wall she has created between her and the man.

'... this is going to be tiring… '

Seth sighed as he lifted the tail of the creature slowly to grant him proper hold for an uninterrupted slash and done with this tedious battle.

The main reason for his worry was, what would follow up?

In the novel, Fenrir was the only monster who repeatedly appeared in front of Arata until the boy finished off the wolf after learning a great length of survival skills.

Whenever Arata dropped to his knees and got ready to die hopelessly, the creature disappeared. And after a certain period, the same thing attacks Arata until one side doesn't concede.

The Temple treasury was just pushing Arata's limit and evaluating whether he was worthy of the reward or not.

Now Seth was going to slay the monster in the first round. He has no idea what would follow. Either they can walk outside of this Vault with a shining reward in hand or maybe another…

'Well fuck it!'

Throwing away all the needless thoughts, Seth finally bisected Fenrir's tail and got done with the trial.

**SWISH**

… or to say… the First trial.

°_________________°

A/N:- Sorry for the short chapter. I promise to compensate in the next one. Drop a comment tho~

247