Chapter 47- Last wish!
8.3k 16 224
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Can you move properly now?"

The wolf was slain as Seth anticipated but its body didn't disintegrate into light fragments rather stayed dead on the ground.

Seth had an idea why such a thing happened and further when it became obvious that the door to the exit was not going to open, his doubt reached the point of certainty.

The Treasury granted them flames and a massive dog, since the trial for the reward was yet to reach its conclusion.

Fortunately, they had water bottles with them which every student was guided to hang on their waist. It was limited but enough to last for two days.

"I am fine but you are not, President."

Seth pressed the vital points while helping Serena wear clothes which loosened her muscle stress and she slowly regained her mobility.

But her eyes were intently focused on Seth's forearm where a deep cut was inflicted by the monster and some other cuts here and there which were bleeding actively.

Serena was helplessly trying to reach out to his arm since her storage ring was useless inside the Vault.

Seth wanted to pull away but Serena rigidly held his hand and directed her eyes toward his. She admits that she was a little scared of his sharp emerald eyes but not to the point where she will retreat.

"You saved my life twice. At least, let me do something for you."

Seth had the strength to pull away from her hold but seeing the plead and determination in her gaze, he could just sigh and accept his defeat.

He was slightly tired from the battle to engage in any kind of argument with Serena.

Serena after receiving the affirmation to proceed, smiled heartily before she asked Seth to take a seat on the heightened pavement beside the wall where she was resting.

Once seated, she got up and tore the hem of her skirt with slight struggle since without Soul Energy she was just a regular teenage girl.

**SCREECH**

The fabric was soft yet thick enough to restrict the blood from spilling. She tore two smaller pieces as well, deforming the design of her dress in the process. But at the moment she cared for nothing more than the President's wound.

Turning toward the man she felt breathless for a second since his eyes were focused on her. She… just can't get used to those eyes.

Leaning her head low, Serena approached Seth and started treating the wound.

First, she tried to wash the injury which Seth blatantly rejected. After having no source of cleaning the wound, Serena just wiped the surroundings of the damaged area before binding the fabric over the injury.

She did the same for the other three visible cuts when suddenly she heard Seth's genuine compliment reaching up to her.

"Impressive."

A smile was urging her lips to curve but Serena controlled her emotions and replied in a neutral tone.

"I was trained in survivability skills from a very early age."

Seth wanted to say that he already knew but he held back. In this world, his knowledge of Serena was only surface level and he didn't want to continue the conversation to deepen that knowledge.

Rather he focused his eyes on the lying beast in front.

The temperature, which was slightly warmer than before still seemed near zero, would not allow the skin to rot so easily but Seth decided to dissect the beast soon.

There was no certain period of when the next monster might appear. Apart from rest, Seth wants to fulfill his nutritional need and think of strategies against a variety of possible creatures that might arise.

"I am going to operate that pup. Can you take out one of them?"

Serena followed the direction he gestured toward before she found the flaming torch hanging twenty feet above the ground.

"But how can I reach there without Soul Energy?"

With her levitation skill, it would have been a walk in the park to detach all the fire torches within seconds. But now it was practically impossible for her or even Seth to snatch the lamps.

"You can use your skill on them without letting your core get corrupted."

Without waiting for Serena to evaluate his words and ask any needless questions, Seth took a hold of her both shoulders and directed her attention to him.

Serena was startled by being pulled so suddenly but seeing the seriousness his eyes radiated, made the girl conscious of her behavior as she kept her mouth shut.

"Control the release of your Soul Energy. Release it slowly and strengthen yourself with it. Remember, once it gets corrupted then there would be no going back so gather your concentration and proceed until you don't feel an influence on your core. Once something seems overwhelming your consciousness, stop right at that moment, okay?"

There was a lot to register but somehow Serena was composed due to the thorough explanation Seth provided.

She knew the situation was desperate and that failing here would cost both of them. There was no turning back and she had to fulfill her role without fail.

"I understand, President. Please watch over me and if I really get corrupted then please kill me with that knife."

Seth was taken aback by how strong-willed this girl was. Nevertheless, he nodded and promised Serena, her probable last wish.

_._._._._

[Same time. Outside the Vault.]

I totally forgot about this damn son-con mother.

I prepared the perfect plan to set that cuntfaced President out of the scene and proceed with my plan to attain what I desire.

But this bitch suddenly appeared and made me realize that no plot can go without a climax.

Without Seth, there wouldn't have been any obstacles between me and my beloved.

Anything would have been acceptable but that shithead got the attention of my Anabelle.

What a joke!

There was no way I could sit back and let them get united right? Seth deserved to die right? The most painful one at that.

Yes, this is great.

I will have my way with Anabelle once I get rid of this whole situation.

I know her weaknesses and what can make her my woman.

I will dominate her.

Erase all her affection toward Seth.

I will break her.

Make her beg under my feet until I don't feel satisfied.

She is mine. I can't see her worrying about some other guy.

She deserves me and I deserve her. The plot can go on and fuck off. And so could the protagonist.

Until I get my hands on my Annie there would be no rushing. But afterward… hehehe

°________________°

A/N: - This person isn't the main antagonist. There will be many but don't worry, there will be no NTR in my story. I feel disgusted by that stuff.

Drop a comment if you liked the chapter.

224