Chapter 49- Minotaur!
8.3k 5 210
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I was just evaluating…how much a person can go for their friendship. And the realization was rather disheartening for me to swallow…"

Seth trailed off his words as an ominous sensation ran through his veins before he instinctively picked up the large bone resting on his left.

The flames in front proved to be a bad omen since the background was barely visible to both. However, Seth sensed what was incoming.

And it wasn't directed at him…

"Ah!"

He launched toward Serena without pondering for another half a second before he heard something huge colliding at the spot where Serena was resting a moment ago.

**UOOOOOOGHH**

Like a bull roaring, the Treasury rang violently as Serena finally understood the reason for Seth's sudden actions.

The latter was already on his feet as he looked in the direction where the thing hit the wall and found a huge hammer resting at the spot with the rubbles of the room dusting over it.

Even with such a ferocious strike, the wall wasn't broken but that wasn't something Seth was concerned about for now.

**DHAK*DHAK**

A pair of footsteps resonated heavily as the image of the newly arrived creature became slowly visible under the dim illumination of the flame torches hanging on the walls.

It was a 20ft minotaur with raging muscles and a buffalo face exhaling streams of air from the two round gaps on either side of its nose. The two long 30-inch horns on its head didn't lessen any hideosity of the creature.

Human-like forelimbs were advancing toward the two small prey before Seth took the charge and ignited the bone head that he previously prepared with fabric and wolf fat.

The creature's attention undividedly went toward Seth before the latter swung his weapon to intimidate the opponent.

"Step into a corner and hide your presence!"

Seth shouted before he started running opposite the Minotaur with the flame torch tightly held in his grip.

Serena bit her lips and desired to help at least this time when she was unrestrained. But soon something flashed in her mind as her eyes landed on her sledgehammer.

Seth was fortunate that the minotaur didn't pick his hammer since it was damn long and would have trouble dodging.

But that doesn't mean, the massive creature on his back was any less frightening.

**UOOH**

The minotaur landed its left heavy hoove on the spot where Seth was a second ago, as the latter jumped forward and somehow avoided tripping over.

Seth had no idea of the vital points of the creature but from a book knowledge which he read some days ago, it was mentioned that the mutated creature like a minotaur generally is vulnerable in its head.

But the problem was its height…

**HSSSS**

The sound of audible steam-blowing exhales was nearing and Seth had to counter soon since the end of the Vault was also nearing. And right now, Seth couldn't get cornered at any cost.

'Fuck it! '

Seth let his adrenaline take control as he twirled on his feet and saw that the creature was just some meters away from him and advancing without delay.

He was fortunate that the minotaur hadn't used its skill. But there was no gain in rejoicing in such a fact.

Seth's eyes roamed around for a second before his eyes went wide upon noticing something above the creature's head.

It was a sledgehammer that Serena brought in with her but the fact it was levitating flawlessly over the creature's head meant only one thing.

'I have to hurry… '

Without much time to contemplate, Seth leaped toward the creature with the flame torch clutched in his grip.

"TAKE THIS!!"

Seth deliberately shouted to grab the whole attention of the thing in front as he aimed to hit the minotaur's torso.

It was not a wise choice since Seth was captured before he could have landed the blow. But Seth also intended the same result as he threw the torch using the jerk he received after being captured by the monster.

The place he threw the torch was the big red eyes of the minotaur who never expected that the human could let go of his weapon so readily.

**UOOH**

The animal winced since the cinders of the flame took its visibility away temporarily and the concussion of being hit by the lamp made its grip on Seth loosen instantly.

Seth would admit that he was playing with his life just with a stroke of luck but there seemed no other possible way.

He took the opportunity and escaped the hold before taking the still-folded hand of the Minotaur as a platform and jumping over its shoulder.

It would have been impossible for him to just climb ten feet in a single jump if not for the minimal soul energy he was feeding himself with. The burning sensation was making him feel dizzy but Seth knew Serena must be in greater pain right now.

The creature sensed something over its shoulder as it swatted its other hand but was met with nothing since Seth already jumped over its shoulder and grabbed the sledgehammer which was just half a meter above the minotaur's head.

'Thanks, Serena… '

The only place Seth could land was the creature's head, just as he wanted.

Seth didn't give the creature much time before he lifted the sledgehammer high above his head and hammered it down with every ounce of his strength.

**DHAAAAK**

**UHOOOOOOOO**

The minotaur cried in pain as the hit was powered by slight soul energy but Seth couldn't care less about that at this moment.

He wanted to bash the creature at least once more but he felt the two big palms approaching him from either side at a frightening pace.

There was no way Seth could have hit the creature and dodged the attack at the same time.

'Man…this sucks… '

Seth was about to jump off when he got startled upon seeing whitish-blue radiance covering the minotaur's hands and stopping them in mid-air.

"HURRY!!

It was the only thing Seth heard from far afar which undoubtedly belonged to Serena before he started hitting the surface mercilessly.

"Oraaaaa!! "

_________________

A/N: - I had to write it at the end XD

I hope I described the fight scene appropriately. Again, I am not good at action scenes so I ask for forgiveness.

Drop a comment tho~

210