Chapter 52- Domain!
8.5k 6 218
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Seth's POV:]

*Sigh*

Inaudibly I sighed since even lying unconscious on the bed, I was being monitored continuously by an unknown being inside the room.

If my mind isn't playing tricks on me then I am currently in Albeck's mansion. It was not surprising since I expected my mother, Duchess Valerie, to arrive on the scene after hearing the news of my disappearance.

I needed some more time alone that's why I was pretending to be still asleep since whoever the person was in the room would undoubtedly inform my mother upon noticing my movements.

There was a lot to digest…

The last I remember before fainting was the demise of that buffalo-headed maniac.

It became nearly impossible to hit that creature after it used its skill but somehow I pulled it off through [Psychkonesis] in the same way Serena did.

Though it made me extremely weak due to the severe effect of the Curse and my own fatigue which accumulated through the hard-hitting session on that empty skull.

But not every accident ends with misfortune…

Well, if asked I would not like to experience the same sensation I had with that minotaur but the thing I discovered after falling unconscious was a golden compensation.

I actually underestimated the previous owner of this body.

I never thought that the reason why the original Seth's memory never strike me was that my ancestor would actually store his memories in his private space.

Either I missed this part or it was never mentioned in the novel that Seth had this memory domain of him, where he could store each of his memory without alteration and could relive his past vividly.

When I was in deep slumber, I discovered a box of mystery enclosed at a corner that I could have never reached while my mind actively worked on the outside world as well.

It was a fascinating technique to have your memories sealed so no any foreign intrusion could even know its presence.

I felt someone watching me all the time I was near that small wooden box.

I was sure that it was the previous owner of this mind space but I had no choice but to exploit the opportunity I found.

Who knows where this box might reposition next time I try to intrude into my subconscious?

I felt reluctance but at the end of the day, I was inside my own mind. It was bound to listen to my command and so I proclaimed.

And that sheer blinding light accompanied by loads and loads of flashes from the past.

Remembering some major events was one thing, but what I saw in that domain was every moment the original owner spent in the eighteen years of his life.

From the moment of his birth to the point where I overtook was clear as day but afterward, it grows hazy, and after a certain period, nothing remains.

Apart from the slight shock of seeing so many things at once, I made a mental note to maintain this memory domain to remember every second of my life.

This would help at uncountable instances of my life and also the chance of discovering something new about myself through engaging in my default skills would be nothing short of beneficial.

I never had a weak will thanks to the old man who trained me in my last life so I never let Seth's actual behavior and emotions overwhelm my personality.

But I didn't walk out unscathed as well.

There was some deep compassion ignited in me toward a certain someone.

*Sigh* Yes, it was Laila.

My ancestor was one heck of simp for that clumsy woman.

I have kept her thoughts aside for now since I think it was time to face the reality and think of my life as the person I am now.

I am no longer just a Japanese High schooler but the President of Pristine Academy and a potential villain of the story.

I may not have a villainous tendency or any intention to come in the path of the protagonist. However, this doesn't change the fact that now, I am Seth Albeck.

"Mm… "

"Young master!?"

___________________

[Some minutes ago]

In a spacious office setup room which was cramped with piles of papers and documents around, sat a beautiful blond woman with a frown adorning her face as she read a specific document through her thin-framed glasses.

It has been over two weeks since Duchess Valarie returned from the Temple with her son and ever since has never left the mansion in fear of not being available at times.

Although she wanted to be in the same space as Seth, being a Duchess doesn't let the woman enjoy her blissful time for long.

**Knock**

"Enter."

Without lifting her gaze she replied since Valarie had sensed the presence approaching from afar.

"I hope I am not disturbing."

The silver-haired handsome man entered the office with a hesitant yet refreshing smile blooming on his face as he approached the lady with quiet and cautious steps to not fumble with any stack.

It would be disastrous.

Only a few people had permission and guts to enter Valarie's office and more so, walk to stand on her back and touch her without fainting in a fret.

The man was the second husband of the Duchess, Christopher Newbern Albeck, who approached his wife after a long week since Valarie was constantly focused on her work these days.

Gently massaging her shoulder he saw Valarie letting go of her paper and leaning her face down, signaling that the message was, as usual, her weak point.

"Honey… did you prohibit our children from seeing Seth?"

After Christopher felt that his wife's mood has been cooled off from her working mode, he asked in his usual calm tone.

A sigh leaked out of the lady's lips as she heard his query.

"We both know how our other three are. They won't think anything otherwise before partaking in something irreversible. And this is the fact that a mother could not issue a death sentence to their own children. I just took precautions to keep the family intact until I can."

Christopher also sighed in resignation since he was aware of his own blood's twisted personality but unlike Valarie, he couldn't think everything so practically.

Somehow, the other three children which were born from Christopher and Valarie hate Seth down to their core.

The reason was obvious since Seth, apart from being the son of the deceased husband of the Duchess, was also the favorite child of the Lady of the house and second to the throne without any trial.

Valarie has long declared such a fact within her family that there won't be any feud between siblings since there won't be any conclusion of such rivalry.

Ever since Seth was declared as the next lord of the Albeck duchy, the crack between the four never healed.

Sensing her husband's discomfort, Valarie brought a hand over his as she spoke in a serene tone.

"There are some things I can't repair, dear. But I am trying to keep this family united as long I hold the capability. And after me, who do you think can carry such a resolution of mine?"

Christopher bit his lips as only one name echoed in his mind even before he could have thought about all of his children.

Thankfully, before the silence could have become weighing, a sudden intrusion brought both of them back to their senses.

"My lady! Young master has awoken."

________________

A/N: - Drop a comment if you liked the chapter.

I am trying to add more sides in a single chapter so word counts may rise more often.

218