Chapter 54- Chat with parents!
8.4k 10 219
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"The students who entered through the same crown as you along with the two professors and the headmaster are under the surveillance of the Elite force. As for others, then I have put them under close watch to not let anything slip up."

Seth was slightly taken aback hearing that his mother deployed her elite force which was on top of her arsenal for something as small as spying on those people.

The Elite force Albeck Duchy is not only composed of special soldiers who other than possess high-tier talent, but are also directly trained by the Duchess.

They were the backbone of the defense and Valarie takes pride in possessing such assets under her command.

"It's rather confusing why you asked not to hurt them. It would have worked quicker that way."

Seth was aware of his mother's twisted nature and how possessive she is when it comes to the things she adores.

The reason he simply conveyed that, was because of the protagonist.

Seeing his friends getting interrogated, Arata would have rebelled despite knowing full well his chance of winning. And in the end, no one knows what might have concluded.

Either Arata had to flee or he would have died. And either case was a no-go, taking the world's future into consideration.

Seth had grown confident in his skills but saving the world was something he finds tedious and out of his league.

He won't save the protagonist by going out of his way but Seth wanted to not become the reason for Arata's downfall if possible.

"I suspect the culprit is rather complicated and directly putting them under the pressure of questioning might have led to futility. It's better to keep an eye on them first and see where it leads."

"Isn't it strange, baby?"

Without even realizing Seth was resting his head on his mother's lap, who within a fraction of a second walked to the bed and adjusted both of them in such a position.

Her blue eyes were starting straight, unfocused, as she spoke her curiosity out.

"From what I have heard, your first love and now ex-fiancee was enchanted by one of the boys I met in the Temple. Yet, my baby is not taking any action against him? Questionable indeed."

Seth knew this conversation would be arriving sooner rather than later.

Sighing he loosened his shoulder as he enjoyed the soft caress of his mother as the latter ran her slim long finger through his hair.

Seth had no excuse prepared and he never thought of lying to his mother either.

"I knew she was not happy with me. Or to say, she was rather forcing herself into this relationship which made me quite troubled."

There was a brief pause before Seth continued.

"For me, being in love means seeing my partner happy in whatever way or with whoever she feels like. And…that's it."

Seth could no longer shrug the matter saying that he doesn't care about Laila since with those memories, he also gained some feelings toward the pink-haired girl, as well which made him confess truthfully today.

Valarie had her brows raised and once again she was reminded how mature her boy has grown in so little time.

"That's not something I expected to hear. But it's good until you are not hurting. Ah, what about that maid you were kissing?"

Seth rolled his eyes seeing the grin on his mother's lips which made it obvious how curious she was to hear about his love life.

Seth didn't know whether all the mothers out there also get this invested in their children's life since he never had any parents before. But he was sure that this case with this woman was rather peculiar.

"I don't know how I feel about Lara, but unlike Laila, I can't give up on my maid. Even if she wants to, I can't let her go. She belongs to me now."

There was severe solemnity in his eyes when Seth spoke what his instinctive mind voiced out.

Planned or not, Lara was the closest woman he had after his mother and also the first woman this body had slept with. This feeling of possessing Lara comes primarily from these two factors.

"That's more like my son. Don't worry, I will take care of her family and proceed with the legal marriage process after your graduation."

Seth wordlessly modded but he had made a mental note to visit Lara's parents once he got his head out of this Temple matter.

There was no need but he knew how every woman wants to have a proper procedure for something so precious called marriage.

"That reminds me. The end of this week is your anniversary right, mother? Why haven't I heard about any preparation?"

"Because your parents are more worried about your health rather than celebrations."

A new arrival didn't surprise the mother and son duo since they sensed Christopher approaching.

Seth was reminded of the anniversary just because he felt his step-father's presence nearing. And so he asked.

"Cut that crap mother. I am not dying here to cancel such a big occasion. I need a banquet and every other preparation as it was planned or else I would leave the villa the very next day."

Valarie panicked slightly since she was aware that Seth was in no mood to joke. Or more like he never does. But it would not make her feel good to celebrate the occasion when Seth was involved in such an incident.

"But Seth, think from your mother's perspective as well. How can she smile without faking it in front of others when her son is in such a condition."

Christopher voiced exactly what Valarie wanted to convey. And Seth was also aware of his mother's dilemma which made him sigh in resignation.

Holding her hand fondly, Seth made her look his way before he spoke in a much softer tone.

"I am fine now, mother. I was really looking forward to this event and had refreshed my moves to share a dance with my mother as well."

His melodious voice and the gaze he directed made Valarie even more complicated as she pondered what she should do.

Christopher sensed the whirlwind of thought in his wife's head when he suddenly put a hand over her shoulder and landed the final nail.

"It would be the best opportunity to invite 'them' as well."

___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___

A/N: - Drop a comment if you are liking the story.

Seth was a little out of character but well it was his family so I thought this much was given.

219