Chapter One : Out of Luck
133 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(CW : Gore, Unreasonable People, Gore?)

"Can you move any slower Wynn? Do you think you'll survive out here at night by yourself?" A mocking voice came from the side and Wynn sighed as he shifted the heavy bag filled with clothes and other items to his other arm.

"Tsk, such a timid guy. It's no wonder you're often mistaken for a woman. What a shame..." The burly guy trailed off as he warily checked the surroundings and then headed to his truck.

"I see something!" A low yell came from ahead and Wynn saw two others rush over and dump their respective bags in the truck bed and got in. Wynn also tossed his own bag into the trunk and wanted to get in when he a skinny guy slammed the door closed loudly and grinned maliciously.

"What do you want to do?" Although Wynn didn't always see eye to eye with this guy, who always looked at him as if he were a piece of eye candy made him annoyed, but he mostly ignored the latter's existence.

"Look at that face of yours, you could have been a model before you know? How about you let me play around with you and you can come along?" Seeing the guy's lustful face, Wynn furrowed his brows.

"You know I'm a guy, right?" Even if Wynn had a very beautiful face, he had no clue why he would be given such an ultimatum because he wasn't a woman, and the thought of doing something with the same gender, although he was open-minded just wasn't for him.

"So? It's been two weeks since everything went to sh*t and I haven't relieved myself yet. At this point, I don't mind." The guy ignored the looks he got from the other two and shrugged.

"Just look at that face, am I wrong? Don't tell me you don't want to?" Seeing the other two shifting uncomfortably, Wynn shook his head and nimbly snatched the bag from the truck bed and walked off.

"No thanks." Even if he did die, being a plaything for men wasn't an option. He heard the door open and turned in time to dodge the hand wanting to pull the bag back.

"I found this and since I'm splitting up, I'll take my things." Wynn said and gave the guy a glance again, frowning when he pulled a knife and licked his lips with undisguised greed and lust.

"We're not far from the base. Play with me tonight and you can live safely in the base after. Not bad right?" When Wynn stepped back, he made sure to keep the guy in his line of sight while keeping his alertness up.

"Look at that attitude, so cold and indifferent. Do you think you can survive on your own? Even if the base is close, that's just by car, can you make it on foot?" He wanted to stretch his hand again but Wynn stepped back and frowned when a shambling figure in dirty clothes walked out of a nearby storefront. 

"It's just a slow one." Even though he tried to act unperturbed, Wynn could see the guy's worry. Unlike humans who grew tired, zombies would chase until you ended up as their dinner or until they lost your trail.

But zombies had senses even better than dogs, and could follow scents for a long time, so if you couldn't outpace a zombie, even a walker, you would end up being constantly pursued.

"Good luck." Wynn said as he walked back to a building before any more showed up. In a one on one, he could manage to ditch a zombie, but if he was surrounded, he would end up quite miserable.

"What's more important? Your life or your pride?" Wynn acted as if he didn't hear him and turned to open a door when the sound of footsteps approached rapidly, and before he turned around, a hand grabbed his shirt.

"Let go!" Wynn wanted to push the guy away, but the guy's eyes flashed and he straightened himself and tried to drag Wynn back to the truck, but Wynn grabbed his left wrist and yanked it off and pushed him away.

"F*ck you then!" A sudden hot pain in his upper back made Wynn stagger and he could feel liquid trickling down his back and making his shirt wet and sticky. Wynn looked back in disbelief and saw the guy stepping away with a bit of shock and anger in his eyes.

"Dude, what are you doing?" Someone in the truck yelled but the guy didn't answer and looked at the zombie that had approached and was less than three meters away, it's lifeless green eyes staring blankly.

"Sh*t! It's already the end of the world, society has collapsed, so what if I kill you?" The guy kicked Wynn to the ground and rushed back to the truck and climbed in, and the sound of the engine alerted all the zombies within earshot that there was food to be had.

Thr truck didn't even wait a moment as more than four zombies came out from various places, lured by the sound, but the smell of blood in the air, Wynn's blood drew them over now.

"This is ridiculous..." Wynn said with a groan, wanting to get to his feet, but his arms lacked strength, and blood soaked his back and formed a small puddle beneath him.

The sound of footsteps a few feet away made his previous helpless expression turn frightened. Even if he had to die, it was fine, but to be eaten alive unable to even resist was too much even for him.

A cold hand grabbed his arm and a moment passed and then a mouthful of teeth clamped down on his arm. Unlike humans who's teeth could bite through human skin and flesh with enough force, a zombie's teeth were sharper and more suited to eating and tearing flesh.

"I-i... hate this!" Wynn survived two weeks of what could be called Hell on Earth wanting to find refuge in a base, but a day before he made it, he was denied his hope?

A low growl came from the zombie as another crouched besides Wynn, biting into his thigh without taking a moment. The sharp pain made his eyes water and his muscles strained to move, but he couldn't.

The zombie feasting on his arm didn't savor it and kept taking large bites, while more came over and began to bite at him mercilessly.

He didn't beg, zombies didn't have any compassion or empathy. What they did wouldn't change even if he begged, but tears kept streaming from his eyes, even as a cold hand grabbed his ankle and a white hot pain surged up his leg.

He wasn't aware of how long had passed, but a zombie bit his shoulder and another sank it's teeth into his neck. Blood, what little remained in his body trickled out, and his eyes began to blur even as he made low whimpers unwillingly.

The shapes which were clear became less and less visible and the sensation of having his throat's interior being chewed out gruesomely was his last sensation before his mind became too hazy and indistinct to process anything else.

5