Chapter 01: Sudden Death
435 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 01: Sudden Death

----------

"Ah.."

I groaned as I stretched my arms, waking up to the morning sunshine. Next to me, lay a curvaceous figure, whose hair was spread across the pillow – the sheets wrapped around the figure gave an obvious clue that it was a woman. Her dirty blonde hair, which was spread, sweetly hinted at an aroma. 

I moved in closer, wrapping my hands around the bottom of her waist – snuggling as I lay my head on her shoulder. Movements arose, signaling that she was awake – and turned around, meeting my eyes. 

She stretched her arms as she yawned which looked quite cute. The woman saw a devilishly smug look on my face and rolled her eyes, but we made some small talk. 

Truthfully, I wasn't even interested in staying; I wanted to go – and now this conversation bored me even more, although I led with it… I did want to taste her again after all. She was a woman that I wanted to hook up with for a short amount of time.

As I strayed into my thoughts, not listening to this boring woman's conversation… the door in front of me was suddenly flung open. Straight after came a familiar voice. 

"Babe, I'm ba-"  a brunette with a glistening figure walked in with a suitcase and a purse in hand. Her words got stuck at the back of her throat as she widened her eyes, seeing the man wrapping his hands around a woman on the bed.…. A thud was heard; she had dropped all her belongings. 

Even my mouth was in an 'O' state…. So was the woman beside me. "I thought you said your girlfriend was on vacation. Did you not hear the front door?…" 

She was – is what came into my head. Her vacation wasn't over until another week. And no woman,  I just woke up a few minutes ago. 

I couldn't reply to her; I couldn't fathom this situation…. I didn't know what to do. Even my mouth was subconsciously shut, looking at the awestruck woman in front of me going through the stages of grief. 

Soon enough, her eyes started shedding tears – and her beautiful face turned into one of distorted malice as she walked towards me. 

I could tell she was thinking of doing something stupid, so I backed up and waved my hands in front of her. "Emily, calm down. I can explain." 

Well, that was bullshit… I wasn't even intending to say that but it just sprouted out of my mouth. 

Explanation… there was none of the sorts; I was just a man who was using his girlfriend for money – her dad was rich and she was an easy target. 

Now and then – when the opportunity arises – I will go and taste the different women this world has got in store – and use my girlfriend to transact money from her dad without both of them even realizing. 

If she knew what I was thinking; I'd die right here and now but all I said out loud was… 

"It's a misunderstand-" 

But I was cut off…

"Shut up!" this time she screamed. It even pierced my ears quite a bit.

Now she was even close to my bedside – itching to throw a slap at me… and she did. 

Obviously, I saw this from a mile away and evaded but another one came and I dodged again. 

However I had suddenly slipped off the bed, trying to evade the slap – and the back of my head landed flat on the cold and hard surface. Contrary to the cold floor, a warm feeling arose at the back of my head and soon I felt like I was in a puddle of warm water. 

My head was fuzzy… screams I could hear sounded across the room. Uh... I just wanted to sleep; I couldn't control my eyes from shutting down… is this how I die? 

Was the cause of my death… just a one-night stand. 

Unnaturally, I had already accepted my situation… I didn't know whether it was a shock or just being too zoned out. Either way, I didn't want to die….

I felt regret… a regret where I should have just not been with this woman at this time. It was a desperate attempt but I even prayed to someone; I wasn't religious nor did I believe in God – but it seemed death can make people do the unthinkable. 

These were my last thoughts before everything had gone blank…

----------

"Ah!" I jumped up from… what a bed?! Was it all a dream?!

I internally screamed, seeing that I was in someone else's bed – and I looked around – not recognizing this old-fashioned style of a room that was large. For some reason, I also felt quite smaller than usual, so I looked at my hands….

What the f*ck! Why have I got a kid's hands?! 

Thinking this – lots of thoughts surfaced in my mind which immediately made me jump out of this bed and walk over to the mirror. To my horror, a completely different person was standing opposite me… 

 This wasn't my body!

I desperately gasped for air – not believing my situation… transmigration – like those in fiction – and it's happened to me…. 

"T-this is ridiculous!.." accidentally I spoke out loud.

A gloom washed over me; a sudden enlightenment, saying 'you had just lost your life' hit me like a truck – my previous life… gone – just like that. I didn't want to be here nor did I want to believe I was here. As much as I wanted to… this all felt too real – and for now, I wanted to get my bearings set on the situation. 

So I encouraged myself to calm down and breathe, then, looked over what had just happened. 

First, I had just woken up to my girlfriend who was about to slap me… I fell – hit the floor and died. 

Then, not even a second passed and I was brought into this body, to which I scouted out the room – figuring out that it is old fashioned. There was the possibility that I was transmigrated into some kind of old era… a regression?  

Also, this body I am in looks to be about 4-6 years of age. 

A sudden outburst of air was brought up to my mouth but I suppressed it, trying my best to stay calm – then I went back to my original thoughts.

This was all the information I had gathered so far – yet it felt as if a whole mysterious veil was covering a part of my brain. I felt empty…. it's just that I couldn't put my finger on it. 

As I was immersed in my thoughts, a sudden train of memories ran through my head – these memories were not mine, and the sheer way they just dumped into my head had me dazed for a second. 

I clutched my head as I winced,  living a different person's life that interlocked with mine – this confused me for a split second. At first, they were just normal memories of a kid… 

From the moment he was born – his mother's face when he came out of the womb… when he first crawled; when he first walked. All details were not hidden from me. 

Slowly, more was unveiled and the more I found out; the more my face turned ugly. A bitter taste stuck to my tongue; my eyes widened in awe. I felt as if a shadow loomed over me. 

Body's name: Akio

Hanshiro Clan…

Chakra…

Three monumental figures…

Uchiha clan…

The Third Hokage…

Memories flashed through my head – and it felt like an eternity… yet in reality, it was not even a second. Now, all the memories had been digested and I had froze, devastated at my current situation. 

My breathing quickened; I could hear it… my chest rhythmically puffed in and out – with a blood-curdling feeling running down my neck. Without even knowing, my hands trembled uncontrollably as reality began to set in. 

I had been transmigrated into the Naruto world…

This time…. I desperately wanted to go back to my previous life – although I knew such a thing was a pipe dream.

A life that I had built up – studied and worked hard to achieve my dreams had now been shattered. This made me grit my teeth, fuming inside – all I had worked for was wasted just to be reborn in some anime. 

A world that was filled with endless dangers; a world where it was hard for me to survive if I was nothing more than cannon fodder. In fiction, all these protags loved being reborn into some shitty world, yet my life was fine until this happened. 

I was going to become rich – filled with immense fulfillment and satisfaction, and have a family before I grew old and died of old age. This was how I wanted to die – not at twenty years old without even finishing university – with a mistake of mine that I made. 

A sudden outburst of mine made me realize how fragile life was… it planted something inside of me, realizing how scary death was.

Everything was gone after you died… a life that you had not fully lived was a life not worth living. If I had lived life to the end, maybe I wouldn't have minded being reborn in this world. 

But I wasn't…

This is why I cannot die again!... No, I won't die again; I have to survive no matter what. I will live life to the end!

This world – even though filled with immense danger – bloomed with a lot of opportunities. 

Opportunities that I would gladly steal… if it meant that I would survive. 

As I was re-ignited with some spark of passion, the door was flung open and a mature woman, whose beauty was not hidden walked in. 

I immediately recognized her…. It was this body's stepmother: Miko.

**

**

**

DISCLAIMER: From next chap onwards -- it is third person. 

If you liked the chapter... 

Support would be appreciated -- merely comment or give your thoughts on the chapter. It will definitely motivate me to write the upcoming chapter. 

Thank you.

11