Chapter 4: The Spring and Autumn Company
98 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the contract was finished being made, Hussein transferred credits into my account. A six-digit number was then shown on it, which amounted to around six hundred thousand credits.

This increase of 500.000, made me secretly smiled so widely that almost split my head in two. If there was no one else in the room, I would have shouted while jumping around. Then, I said goodbye to Hussein before leaving the store.

Now that I had this much money, I should do some splurge on my equipment and buy a lot of provisions. Surely money cannot buy everything in the world, but it certainly able to buy happiness, even if it was just a fake and a brief one.

Afterward, a weapon store in the middle of the market entered my eyesight. It was one of the big companies that own the Blue Moon Station. ‘The Spring and Autumn Company’ that what was written at the hologram signboard in front of the store. From how fancy the store was structured, anyone could tell that it was a high-class store.

Might as well go into a high-class store like this.

I walked toward the entrance with two well-equipped robot guards guarding the place. The robots were taller than me and holding an advanced plasma rifle that would scare anyone just by its price alone.

The robot guards then scanned my body before allowing me to get in after taking my plasma gun. As for my dimensional storage, it was scanned with a detector that could detect weapon but didn't scan what other content that might be inside, as if it were to do that, people won’t dare to come here and conducted business.

Inside was a spacious and luxuriously decorated hall with a fancy red carpet on the floor. Just like the old Hussein's store, there were a lot of shelves near the wall and platforms scattered around with a hologram screen explaining their usage.

Strange, why there isn't any price tag on the hologram? Also, instead of a human, it uses robots as a salesman instead. What a crazy bunch… I remember that someone needs permission from the government and a large sum of money to be eligible to buy them.

Suddenly, a submissive voice rang out from the side as I approach one of the pedestals that had a diamond shape device on it,

[“Good day, sir. This is the newest model of type XII gravity bomb with a destructiveness to destroy anything within 100 meters as easily as crushing an ant. Not even the nano-carbon steel able to last a second from it.”]

I nodded my head a little after determining that the voice came from a humanoid robot dressed in servant clothes near me.

“Interesting weapon, how much the cost for it?”

[“Sir, this kind of weapon needs an extensive procedure and license to be bought. But if sir was eligible for the purchase and were to buy more than 10, we could give a discount of 10%. As for buying individually, it cost 500 credits respectively.”] The sales robot explained after making some calculations.

Since the outer space was vast, the government didn’t have a strict control over all the place. It was unlike when humanity still just occupied one planet.

Although the people were given the freedom to buy a weapon as self-defense, a weapon like this will need a long regulation before it would be able to be used freely. Unless if he/she had a connection to a big company and the government.

Well, it seems the reason that the price tag wasn't shown is because it seems to be a way for the company to earn more money. After all the customer couldn't complain since the device sold was rare and hard to find, except going to other companies, which where they determine the price will pretty much the same.

“Call the manager of this store, I want to make a big purchase!”

["Pardon?"] The robot seemed to have an error by the sudden statement.

“I said I want to make a big purchase, this couldn’t be handled by some simple robot like you, call the manager!” A reply came out from my mouth in a serious tone.

[“Yes, calling the manager….”]

Not long after, a slim man with brown hair and long black mustache wearing a light brown tuxedo came to me. He had his two hands held together with a smile on his face that looked just like a shrewd merchant.

Seeing that the man seemed to be the manager, a smirk emerged inside of me. Just as I thought, the manager was a Human.

“Are you the one that calls for me?" The man inquired while shrinking his already narrow eyes.

“Yes, and you must be the manager here!?”

“I’m indeed the manager of the Spring and Autumn branch store, manager Lester. What business that sir here might have?” the man that called himself manager Lester questioned with a smile that wasn’t really a smile.

“I don’t think that this place was appropriate for the business that we will conduct here.” My eyes looked around the hall and confirming that there was nothing suspicious before continuing, "This will amount to hundreds of thousands.”

Hearing what I just whispered, manager Lester opened his slanted eyes widely and then replied, “Pardon my rudeness, please follow me!”

As my weapon was currently confiscated, I raised my guard to the manager as I followed him. But as the store needed to hold credibility and trust to be successful, they surely won’t do anything funny to me right now.

Before long, a VIP room was presented in front of me before we got in and took a seat across each other. Silent pervades across the room as the only sound that could be heard was a servant robot pouring tea.

The quietness of the room was suddenly broken by manager Lester as he opened his mouth and said, “Sir, what is the deal that you want to talk about?”

“I want to buy a lot of weapons, devices, and materials for exploration and excavation, could you provide this to me?” Suddenly, a small device that projected a hologram with a list of things came out from my dimensional storage.

The list was full of all kinds of devices, tools, materials, and even weapons that I had always coveted and wanted over the years. Alas only just recently, I had enough money to buy them.

Upon seeing the list, Manager Lester’s eyes widened in surprise as he then answered while playing with his mustache, “Of course.. of course, but all of this will have amounted to more than 500.000 credits, could young sir be able to pay for it?”

With a confident smile, I projected a hologram from the helmet and at the hologram was written a request to transfer 550.000 credits.

“Take the change for the handling of the troublesome matter and make this a secret! Oh.. and send them straight to my ship as soon as possible!” Vigilance couldn’t be hidden from my face to the manager.

Seeing the hologram screen, manager Lester smiled with delight before answering with a subservient tone that was unlike before, "Yes… yes.. of course, this matter will be taken care of!"

“Good, then I will take my leave.” My body then stood up after the transaction was done without giving any thought to drink the tea that had been served.

I was just being cautious as there wasn’t a guarantee that the tea might not be contaminated by something. Little did I know, the tea was safe to drink.

“Wait, please take this, good sir!” Manager Lester presented a silver card that had a design of a tree with half spring and half autumn season on it.

“This is a Silver VIP Card of the Spring and Autumn Company, only someone that make at least a 100.000 credits transaction are eligible to get this.”

Seeing the silver-colored VIP card, I nodded my head before taking the card and store it inside my dimensional storage. Although the scene seemed familiar somehow, I decided to disregard that after not finding anything fishy.

“I will make another purchased here later.” That was the last sentence I uttered before leaving the room.

Not long after, the manager smiled with a sinister expression.

***

On one of the dark white-colored moons of the rogue planet, hidden beneath the dim white blanket of the thick ice which lacks sunlight and cold beyond belief. A black colored base stood sturdy and covered with snow.

Inside a big hall within the base, A silhouette of a large bald man could be seen sitting on a chair above a pedestal like a King. Suddenly, a man ran inside the room hastily as if a ghost was chasing after him. He stopped not far from the pedestal while panting hard in exhaustion.

“Bo-Boss…” After he calmed down, he continued with an excited tone, “We managed to catch the scavenger that possibly got a Technology Cube!”

“Hmm…?”

1