Chapter 6: Getting Ambushed Part I
65 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hussein didn't answer Graham's demand and just kept silent, this made him quite furious and thrown him into the wall.

“B-Boss…. There are a few tubes filled with Golden Star Dust here. If we auction them, it is well worth at least a million credits!" Exclaimed Graham's henchman in excitement.

“What?” Graham moved his head to the side before gazing to the desk and floor littered with a few finger-sized tubes filled with golden dust.

He greedily smiled, showing his yellow teeth out as he took all the Golden Star Dust into his dimensional storage. Seeing Graham’s action, a slight twitch can be seen on Hussein’s mouth, but he calmed the aching pain in his heart soon after, as he still had the majority of it in his dimensional storage. Graham then approached Hussein that could hardly move with a great mood.

“Are you still not going to speak yet? Since you were giving this to me, I will play with you!” Graham menacingly smiled before throwing a punch into Hussein’s stomach.

“Ack…” After having received that punch, Hussein vomited the contents of his lunch into the floor.

This happened continuously for a few minutes as punches and kicks were thrown into Hussein's body, but a determined look was still plastered on his eyes as he had his body in turtle position; thereby, minimizing the damages. Despite doing so for a few minutes non-stop, Graham didn’t seem to be exhausted at all.

Looking at the unbroken eyes of Hussein, Graham became annoyed and thought to himself, ‘This freak… I guess it’s time to use that.’

“Since you’re a fool that didn't know your limit, I will tell you something which will make you beg me," Graham said with a confident sneer before continuing, "I hear you had a family that lives on the habitat not far from here, it’s just so happened that I had a connection to one of the high officials in charge of there. I wonder what would occur if your family was to be thrown out from there?”

Hussein's face became pale just like a corpse as he thought about his family and the eyes full of determination before shattered completely in hopelessness. A crook smile appeared from Graham’s mouth as he teased, “Still not going to say anything, eh? I guess there was no—”

“It’s Victor…” Hussein interrupted while he turned his face away and gritted his teeth, “Victor has the Cube….”

‘I’m sorry Victor, but my family was more important.’ A trace of tears formed on Hussein’s brown eyes.

“Victor? Who’s that? Wait, aren’t he the brat which got betrayed five years ago by his comrades? Jiahahaha… what an irony for him to be betrayed again this time.” Graham chuckled in amusement.

Just when Graham turned his back in a hysterical laugh, Hussein suddenly launched himself and swiftly reaches the automatic hidden door exit. This happened despite his badly bruised body. Witnessing that, the henchman tried to chase after him but to no avail.

“Boss… He got away!” The henchman reported full of fear.

“Leave him be, He must have placed lots of traps on the door. The robot forces of the Station are also here, and It didn’t matter whether he’s dead or not!” Graham explained while rubbing his chin and then ordered, “Now, find where the heck is that brat, Victor!”

“”Yes!!!””

***

Oblivious to all of that, I was currently inspecting the myriad of devices, materials, and weapons that had just arrived outside of the spaceships.

Although I lost all my money for this, I think it will be worth it. A beaming smile formed on my mouth as I touched one of the small packages at the side.

Universal Measurement Device…. It was a device that could precisely measure anything, including a lifeform’s power and even a supernatural thing.

I grabbed the package before opening it, revealing a device that looked like a speed gun.

The reason why I bought this was that there were simply too many things that couldn't be scanned by a simple means. It was also one of the basic tools that a veteran explorer should have. It’s true that my smart helmet also capable to measure things in general, but this thing was made with a unique material that could detect and measure anything.

My hand tried examining it with care before tinkering with the hologram behind the device. I then pointed the Universal Measurement Device to myself. A ray of light suddenly appeared and scanned through my body. A few moments later, a hologram was projected and a numeric of 73 was written on it.

“huh? Just an increase of 8 from the last time I checked?” My head tilted as then a thought came across my mind.

From what I know, I should be stronger than normal adults that live in this era which measured to be around 50. But for a people that was genetically engineered to be a fighter, they had 100 points at least in their power.

The power that was calculated by this device didn’t only include strength. Other kinds of power such as the speed, agility, and special adaptability of a living being also calculated by this device.

After inspecting the Universal Measurement Device, I put all the myriads of items into the ship’s storage room little by little. My dimensional storage was limited, therefore I needed to do this a few times. Afterward, I went to the control room located near the front of the ship.

Just I sat on the captain’s chair inside the control room, I ordered ATA the ship’s A.I., “ATA, turn on the ship and ask the station for permission to fly!”

Even though it was only a civilian Spaceport managed by multiple big companies, a simple permission was still needed.

[“Affirmative!”] A frosty female voice replied.

Thereafter, the plain-looking Corvette class spaceship can be seen starting its engine as the light around the ship was turned on, and the sound of the thruster could be heard by anyone nearby.

[“Permission has been granted, beginning the ascending of the ship….”]

The spaceship floated into the air as the thruster below the ship pushed it upward. In response, the gate of the hangar opened wide before the ship left the place. After passing the force field, the view of the black space entered my vision. No white ceiling of the spaceport could be seen again now, as the spaceship already completely outside of Blue Moon Station.

With the business here done, I contemplated my next course of action before starting to construct a plan that will give the most benefits while also with minimal risk. A smile formed on my mouth as a series of plan was completed.

Even though I wanted to sell the remaining of the Golden Star Dust into the other place and get rich quickly, having too many of it sold will just attract unwanted attention. Not only that, the wormhole in sector 837 might not last long, it's better to take precautions than weeping after losing it afterward.

After all, a wormhole isn’t supposed to be stable, to begin with. A stable wormhole at sector 837 is certainly an anomaly that couldn't be explained easily.

“It feels like the wormhole was put there intentionally by someone, but meh…. Whatever.”

A while later after the ship was quite a distance away from the Blue Moon Station, suddenly turbulence shook my spaceship. The turmoil also made my body almost fell from the chair.

“WHAT… the HELL was that??” Shouted me in confusion, as I adjusted my wretch posture.

[“Warning!! Warning!! A space pirate had just fired a small missile from the side! Supplementing Energy Shield on full drive!”]

“Damn, space pirate! ATA, show me their location and activate the invisibility cloak mode!” I cursed in contempt and commanded the ship professionally as if I was often dealing with this.

[“Affirmative!”]

A 3D hologram projection then displayed a dozen spaceships with varying sizes and types were encroaching my spaceship on a distance of about 10 kilometers. Suddenly, ATA’s frosty voice rang out from the surrounding, [“Transmission Request had been detected, accept?”]

“Ignore it, just hurry up and accelerate the activation of the invisibility cloak!” I ordered after having myself quite confused by the intention of the pirate but then continued after ascertaining that it might be a trap, “Wait… before that, use all of the available missiles to distract them and use that small time to escape!”

[“As you commanded!”]

Then from outside, all kinds of missiles were launched from my spaceship and it targeted all the pirate’s spaceship. Despite being an outdated civilian missile commonly used for self-defense, it was at least good enough to be used as a distraction.

Just when the missiles were about to reach them, an energy shield appeared as it encompassed the enemy’s spaceship. The missiles then exploded, and a quite bright explosion could be seen from my spaceship. There was no sound of an explosion can be heard as there wasn't any air for the sound to travel, to begin with.

2