1. End of The Butterfly Dream
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sun started to rise, giving the warmth to the world as clouds drifting on the clear blue sky with birds that were flying freely. 

On a certain city, everyone was busy minding their own business as they walked hurriedly. Some still on their home preparing to go while some other still on their dream.

Somewhere else around that area, in a small apartment lives a boy on his sixteen. 

He gradually opened his eyes, he frowned for a moment before looking around. After a few seconds he closed his eyes once again.

Minutes passed, The boy eyes suddenly wide open as he got up quickly while gasping.

"... What?." In his eyes emotion called disbelief could be seen.

1st PoV ??? :

In...itializi..ng

An androgynous voice reverberated on my mind as I was about to sleep once again.

'What a weird lucid dream.' I thought.

Proto...col succ..ssfu...lly exe...cut...d..

Assimilation begin..

... What?

A strange scene was played on my mind, it was a life of a boy. Yet it was fragmented.

But I, as the 'Observer' trembled in fear for no particular reason. 

My body was paralyzed as suddenly I felt like I've fallen pit of darkness as it slowly devouring me.

I get up immediately as I gasped for air.

"What?"

A blue translucent screen appeared in front of my eyes. It was hanging on the air.

There a line of column were displayed with white word.

[Status]

[Mission]

[Inventory]

[Map]

Immersion:0,73%

"A.... System?" Before I could react a severe headache assault my mind.

I winced in pain as memories flashed before my eyes. I grit my teeth while trying not to scream as sweat poured out from my body.

The whole process took 10 minutes including me calming down. 

".. Absurd.. No this is... Bizzare.." I mumbled while drawing a conclusion to the situation.

"How did the 'Me' here died anyway? I don't recall any memories regarding that?.." as I thought about that I glanced at the screen.

Immersion: 3,27%

"Immersion has gone up... What's the use of that anyway? Is it implying 'Familiarity toward Oneself' or... 'Familiarity toward the New World' I've arrived into?.." 

I get up from the bed as I recalled the memories I've received. From the corner of my eyes I could see the screen disappeared gradually into light particle.

I shook my head before looking in the mirror on 'my' room.

A boy with white skin, short black hair and a pair of black eyes giving out a gloomy aura. I wore a white T-shirt and a short pants.

"What an uncanny feeling..." A familiar yet foreign world I've thrown into. Unlike my original world, this world has a very small cases of racial discrimination and felt like it was a fairy tale instead.

All country at least unified into a huge organization called 'Pioneer of Starlight Union' which it's main base was located on Artic.

They create the International Laws and a political system that keep a peace for all country on the world. Everyone has a chance to join their rank with a 'Graduation' test.

The Union has a school branch and administrative building for every country. And every conflict was resolved with a healthy competition between the country. 

However not everyone willingly to be under their banner, some deliberately create an splintered opposition force which resulted why the criminal rate are higher than my previous world.

It left me flabbergasted, I'm in awed to how much ridiculous this could get. As I delved deeper into my memories, I snapped.

"This is... Bullshit..." I said as I sighed. Rather than worrying about the environment and other.

"... System?" I tried to call out, sure enough. A familiar screen appeared in front of my eyes.

[Status]

[Mission]

[Inventory]

[Map]

Immersion: 3,27%

'Status' I tried to command it with my mind as a second step.

The screen changed and listed a list of classic RPG status screen.

User information:

Strength: 1,2

Vitality: 1,3

Agility: 1,1

Intelligent: 1,5

Dexterity: 1,1

Luck: 1,2


Ailment: -

Ability: -

Equipment: -

"That was interesting... And a great news so I don't talk to the air like a madman..." The screen was quite straightforward. Except, the proficiency of basic life skill like cooking and such weren't included.

"Was it more inclined toward a battle and such?" I concluded seeing basic life skill didn't appear in the column.

"But this world is more or less has no bigger threat except for terrorist attack and such... Why would-"

-Mission Available-

Task 1:

*Go to school without being late.

*Greet Yulair Eclare.


Reward: Overall Status Increased by 0.2 and Immersion 0,5%

Penalty: Immersion -1%

"!?" I narrowed my eyes seeing new screen appeared in front of me.

'Was it a coincidence?' as I started to calculating the loss and the gain, I walked to the bathroom before showered.

"A mission that's specific... A very specific one I should say..."

"Moreover they are related to the 'Immersion'.."

"No physical punishment or ridiculous things and such but an 'Immersion'.. so it was as important as my life.. from a temporary conclusion I draw..."

"And...from the look of it.. this world hide some surprise than it's tame look from my memories..."

"Very well... Let's put aside most of the things on my mind and see what this world has to offer.."

Minutes passed as I get out from the bathroom and put on my uniform which consisted as black blazer and white shirt with long black pants along with a pair of black shoes with a white socks.

"Shall we conduct the test." I mumbled as a smile formed on my face after I decided my decision.

The school was not far from my apartment, it's roughly 1km from my position. I opened the door and started to get out from my apartment before I lock the door.

A gentle breeze of winds passed through my body as I walked out.

"And... I want to know.. what 'Immersion' truly do.." 

I look around on my way to the school, the environment are well maintained, it's also pleasant to see too.

People at least greet once to other people.

"Too peaceful... I should say.." I mumbled lowly, I decided to ignore everything as I increasing the pace I'm walked.

_______________

I have arrived at the school vicinity 15 minutes before the school gate was closed. There in front of the gate I could see a beautiful long silver haired girl with blue eyes drop off from her limousine. She has well maintained glowing white skin as well as beautiful figure.

'... This mission? What's the purpose of it actually? Not to mention she arrived a bit late than usually she came... another coincidence?' I frowned for a while as I continued to observe.

She wore the standard school uniform from the school regulation, it was similar like me except the girl uses a skirt until her knee with a black stocking that covered the tight.

I keep my gaze at her while searching memories that relevant to her.

'None... At least we haven't interact in any form except now... Not to mention that she's quite influential people from the Union and a Beautiful girl if I should say from a personal opinion.'

She bowed at the driver seats before turn around, she stopped in the mid way as the limousine drive out from the road in front of the school gate.

'The mission isn't related to the past of the 'Me'. So...'

She turned around and out gaze was met on her eyes I could see nothing but a disinterest. Our contact lasted for a 3 second as she tilted her gaze before turned around, at same time I redirected my gaze towards the school.

'She's giving out an unreachable Ice Queen aura.. A genuinely one not as a shell... but as her whole persona.' 

I shook my head as I decided to not pry even further, for now. 

A screen then appeared in front of me.

-Mission Failed-

Task Condition: 

*Go to school without being late.(Success)

*Greet Yulair Eclare.(Failed)

Penalty: Immersion -1%

"So that doesn't count as 'greet', and apparently all condition must be fulfilled in order to complete a mission.. intriguing.." I mumbled as I walked toward the school gate.

"Going to school... After a such a long time..." A small smile formed on my face as I passed the school gate.

I walked to my class, there I was greeted by my classmate.

"You're kinda late... Reo.." A boy around my age, he has good figure. A disheveled black hair and a sharp eyes, he's a former delinquent if I remember correctly.

"I overslept a little bit.. My bad Luke.." I said while trying to act as natural as possible while walking to my seat.

"Good thing you didn't late.. anyway... morning.." He said as he lean in his chair.

"Morning too.." I replied and sit on my seat, on the middle back of the class. With that I began to start my day as a highschool boy.

With no incident or anything strange, an uneventful day passed.

On the afternoon afterschool ended, I walked back at my apartment. Along the way I feel something amiss.

"It's became more... Eerie?" I said, but without minding it too much I keep walking leisurely.

After a few minutes, I finally arrived at the same time when the sun started to set and people started to turn on their light.

I changed my clothes before sleeping on the bed.

_____________

The next day, I opened my eyes, a blue translucent screen greet my morning.

-Mission Available-

Go to school without being late and greet Yulair Eclare.

Reward: Overall Status Increased by 0.1 and Immersion 0,3%

Penalty: I̵͇͆̕m̸͇̎̅m̴̟̈͆ẹ̵̯̾r̵̩̙͘s̸̛̤i̴͙̹̾̚ȯ̶ͅn̵̹̲͛ ̷̳̃-̷̣̂͐2̶̤̟͆,̶̙̀͠2̴͓͔̾̚7̵͍̠̈́%̵̡̼͘͝

"Distorted?" I narrowed my eyes seeing penalty section that was distorted while giving an ominous feeling.

"It seems that I better not risked it.." I sighed. But then I realized that the lamp in my room has been turn off.

'Intruder?'

Suddenly in the corner of my eyes a humanoid shadowy figure appeared on my room, I immediately get up as I pouched toward it.

'Cold!'

I immediately choke the shadowy figure with my right hand as I inspect it in closer range.

But before I doing that It tried to retaliate as it trying to clawed my hands, I simply pushed forward quickly to canceling the motions of his retaliation.

Bang-

Its head hit the wall as I gasped, realizing this body isn't the 'old' me. I winced in pain as fatigue assault my body in exchange of the quick succession action.

"Damnit..-"

'I'm not gonna risk it' 

With that in my mind, I tightened my grip while looking at its hand if it tried to retaliate.

The creature hands started to move, in response I began to bang its head toward the wall.

Bang- 

I bang its head toward the wall once again.

Bang-

Again...

Bang-

And again..

Bang-

To the point where it would stopped trying to resist..

Bang-

.... Doesn't matter how long it takes...

Bang-

.. Bang-

... Bang-

..... Bang-

It finally stopped to resist as it started to dying.

"A pure black illusory creature... Humanoid one... It's like ethereal body yet it was a physical body... A weird creature that emit coldness and a mindless beast with an unique instinct.. an intriguing kind aren't you..." I said as I began a close inspection toward the creature.

Then I turned my gaze towards the wall where I bang its head.

There a faint black corrosion could be seen as it trying to spread out slowly, I frowned as it wriggled in attempt to spread even further.

'What kind of lifeform is that-'

Slash-

I widened my eyes. I could feel a graze cut on my cheek as I started to lowered my head toward the creature.

I clenched my left hand before slowly raised it. Dizziness slowly assault my mind before my vision blurred for a moment.

"Sh- it.."

Without wasting anymore time I began my assault.

Bam-

Bam-

Bam-

"Haa-.."

Three quick succession punch landed right into its head. I gasped for the air once more, my whole body feel in pain as I forced those previous action.

"Haa-.."

The creature finally dissipated into a black mist before slowly entered my body.

Icy cold feeling spreading through my body followed by dizziness and a sore muscle pain.

I grit my teeth as I began to opened my mouth.

"Status."

A familiar screen appeared before my eyes.

User information:

Strength: 1,2 (0.1↑)

Vitality: 1,3 (0.1↑)

Agility: 1,1 (0.1↑)

Intelligent: 1,5 (0.1↑)

Dexterity: 1,1 (0.1↑)

Luck: 1,2

Ailment: Temporary Astral Distortion   (1 Day)

Ability: -

Equipment: -

"My stat increased? It didn't directly changed the number but it create a separate section beside it... But Astral... And Distortion.." I winced in pain as another wave of dizziness hit me.

"Temporary Astral Distortion..." I mumbled. A new screen appeared while the previous one disappeared.

-Temporary Astral Distortion-

A wound caused by ??????? Causing instability on 'Astral Vessel'.. The effects resulted into a mild to severe dizziness and a hallucination on a rare occasion... 

"This is dangerous... And this world.... Isn't simple as it seem anymore.." I said as I gaze to the message in front of me.

"Distortion... Not to mention Astral? That mean it really exist... It seem like I need to rearrange my 'Plan'..." 

I then look at the wall, the last evidence and a proof of reality check, there the corroded part isn't even exist as if it were a nightmare.

"Huh?"

=======

Ps: I planned to do a whole 10k words on each chapter... But... I changed my mind and let everyone suffer with the cliffhanger by separating it into few part. 

As expected of me. 

0