End of the Butterfly Dream (II)
20 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"All.... Disappeared?" I mumbled, a sole concrete evidence of the incident, a remnant of trace of proof was not there.

With a slight hesitation I inspect the wall even further. I roughly determined the location before decided to touch it.

'The wall a little bit rough... It also same for the other... No abnormalities could be seen or feel..'

"...What the hell is actually happened?" I began to look around at my room.

"A Daydream?" Before I could think even further. Once again a wave of dizziness appeared.

"!?-" I held my head with my hand as I began to look around my room. The dizziness slowly disappeared as time passed.

"It wasn't just a mere imagination.. it's actually happening..." 

After calming down for a whole 2 minutes. I sat on the bed while gazing at the wall where 'it' exist before as I feel into a trance.

"So.... That cannon fodder like creature... Could bend reality at some degree..." I clenched my hands.

'This is officially a fucking D*rk S**l.. No, this is even more rigged.'

"And it could inflict something that couldn't be cured normally.....No... First of all.. where the creature came from?.." I frowned.

"What about their numbers... Are they scarce.. has society known about this... But... Rather than worrying that... I'll just do the mission." 

With a goal set in my mind I walked to the bathroom and showered. 

After that, I cook my handmade breakfast before ate it and put on my uniform before going to the school.

On way to the school I occasionally glanced around the surrounding if there any abnormalities and such.

'Nothing...' It was a disappointment. Everything looks normal and peaceful, from the sound of children playing around or even the gentle wind breeze.

'So I should fight my way alone then?... I doubt people on the higher seats would know these things..' 

I tried to relaxed my mind as I glanced at the skies for a minute moment.

"It felt unfair... Huh?." I mumbled.

The feeling of shouldering everything alone with people expectations that forcefully pushed you forward, as if it was a kind of curse that bestowed upon you.

You will save everyone. but, what about yourself...

Who will save you..

... Is there someone out there willing to extend their hands towards you..

Everything seems not worth it, so why not just ignore everything and let the nature take it course.

"But... This time... I guess... That's fine.." 

By adding another reason to my cause, I determined to do it seriously.

'A self-hypnotism.. I never change am I?... ' I scowled. 

"Well... Then.. since I was determined to do so... Then the first goal is... To became overpowered with help of the system.." I mumbled.

Without realizing, I already at the school entrance. And at same times a familiar sounds appeared on my back.

'Her limousine.. what a convenience..'

Tap-

Tap-

A sound of footstep appeared. Followed by the sound of the limousine door being closed.

"Thanks You, I'll be going." A cold soft girl voice appeared.

With that, the limousine is going on after finishing it's task.

I turned my body around, there she stood looking at the faded silhouette of the limousine.

She then turned her gaze upon me, a hint of surprise could be seen in her eyes. However, her face is still the same cold look.

'Poker Face? Wow this girl is not simple then... Maybe a high class people stuff but... What's she surprised about.. Hm?'

We stood while looking each other in the eyes, she then began to opened her mouth.

"Is.. there something matter fellow schoolmate?" 

"Good morning..." I said before I turn around and going in. What follow were a silence for a seconds.

"...Mn... Good morning.." She said behind my back.

-Mission Succeed-

Reward: Overall Status Increased by 0.1 and Immersion 0,3%

'System.' with that the translucent screen disappeared and a new one appeared before my eyes.

[Status]

[Mission]

[Inventory]

[Map]

Immersion: 2,30%

'Good.. it increased.. now what about the other one? Status.' 

the screen changed once again replaced by a new column of attributes and such

User information:

Strength:  1,2 -> 1,3 (0.1↑)

Vitality:  1,3 -> 1,4 (0.1↑)

Agility: 1,1 -> 1,2 (0.1↑)

Intelligent:  1,5 -> 1,6 (0.1↑)

Dexterity:  1,1 -> 1,2 (0.1↑)

Luck:  1,2 -> 1,3

Ailment: Temporary Astral Distortion   (1 Day)

Ability: -

Equipment: -

'Even the luck increased... that's unexpected... but let's set that aside..'

Suddenly a hands grabbed my shoulder.

"!?"

"Hey Reo... Your face looks pale? Are you good?" A familiar voice appeared not long after that.

'Pale?' I tilted my head.

"Hm? Is that so?" I asked him back.

"You- didn't even look at the Mirrors!?" He said in surprised tone, followed by exasperated sigh.

"Well... I'm a little bit lethargic this morning.." I replied shortly.

"I see.. Do you want to absent and sleep well on infirmary?"

"Nah.. I'm fine!" Suddenly a wave of dizziness assault my mind. I blinked for a moment.

'Good things it became less frequent..' 

"You sure?" He said in worried tone.

"Don't worry... And let's go to the class Luke.." I said as the dizziness slowly subsided.

'That aside... I need to find a convenience weapon....'

With that in my mind I noticed that we have arrived in the classroom, I began to enter it and noticed that three out of sixteen desk was empty.

One of them was my seat, the other one was Luke's and the last one was...

'If I remember correctly it's a girl.'

Every class has 16 students, I then began to recalled one by one of my classmate while sitting.

'Anna..Alice.. Arist..... Bianka then Bill..Cyrus....Celine.. And Clarisse after that...'

'Deon..Della Edward...Kuro.. Reana... Vivian...' with the arrival of me and Luke almost all of them were present except for one additional person.

'Cerys... Similar to me.. we have a little presence in our class... But..' I look around of my class, yet none of them seems to be bothered with her absent.

'Strange..'

"Hey Luke..." I said to the man who sit in front of me.

"Yeah?"

"Where is she?" I said while pointing out at the empty seat in the second row from the front at the leftmost side beside the windows.

"What do you mean? That seat is always empty.."

'!?' I widened my eyes. I could feel that my entire body went cold as I could heard my accelerated heartbeats.

"What's wrong? What do you mean by her-" Luke voice became inaudible as I fell into realization.

...Cerys... Similar to me.. we have a little presence in our class... 

'.... This is straight up Reality Warping... And that would happen if I were 'Died' to them...Your trace of existence would just... Gone...'

"....R....o? E-..... o?"

'... I'm not really sure but.. I finally got a clue about the trigger when did they appeared.... People with less presence would just simply disappeared... And... The Immersion bar are related to this...'

"Ah I see... Also don't worry about it I'm fine." I replied.

"How abou-" he immediately closed his mouth in awe.

Creak-

The door is opened as everyone redirected their gaze to the classroom door.

Tap- 

Tap-

A mature woman with black hair and blue eyes that wore teacher attire then came from the classroom door.

She was our homeroom teacher and a mathematic teacher, Lilian McCready. Despite her strict like appearance she cares a lot about the class she hold.

Unfortunately our relationship as student and teacher have a bit of animosity.

I glanced at her for a second before lost in my thought while keeping attention about what's she going to talk about.

'Speaking of Immersion.... Is 'that' gonna work?.. and will she bring up Cerys... or another things? Or even something close and related to that I wonder?' I asked myself a question.

"Alright... Go and sit to your own seat... Class will be started shortly after an announcement..." She said as she arrived at the middle in front of the class.

'Theoretically speaking... It should work... If the goal is to let me be 'Recognized'.. but.... What kind of 'Recognition' that fulfilled the criteria...'

"We have a new transferred student from the other class... You may enter and introduce yourself.." She continued.

'... It goes into 'that' scenario isn't it?.' 

As I said that in my heart I turned around to the classroom door.

There a 'familiar' white haired beauty appeared. I could heard some gasp and murmurs upon she entered the classroom.

'Yep..'

"Quiet.." Ms. Lilian said, the class then began to calmed down.

Step by step she walked closer toward the middle of the classroom. 

She then look around as she stopped when our gaze met for a moment before she continues and began to opened her mouth.

"Pleased to me you all... My name is Yulair Eclare... I hope we can get along well.."

'She definitely know something about 'it'..' 

And judging from her action, our interactions would be inevitable in the future.

'If she's... By any chance a reliable ally.. that would be great help...'

After she said that Ms. Lilian let her sit on 'Cerys' seats before started the lesson.

"..... Li....mit i.....s ...p...rett.....y s- .... ple..." 

'However... I can't ruled out the possibility of her working out with those creature....' 

".... R-..... O.... sten-...."

'That would shift a lot of my plan.... depend on how strong is she...' I softly sighed before turning my attention to Ms. Lilian.

Not only that, all of my classmate gaze were lingered on me.

"Reo... Come here and finish the question..." I glanced at the black board, there written:

If lim x approach 3 then f(x) = 7, which is the following must be true?

A. f is continuous at x = 3

B. f is differentiable at x = 3

I get up from my seat and walked forward nonchalantly. Then pick up a black board before wrote the answer below the question.

'Neither of the statement were true.' 

After I wrote that I began to add suppose then started to write the equation which prove the statement.

It took less than 2 minutes before I put down the chalk and went back to my seat while ignoring various emotions within the gaze that directed onto me.

-Notice-

Immersion increased by 3%.

First threshold has been reached, New function unlocked:

- Detailed numerical value of host attributes.

- Damage Number.

- Dungeon.

Additional Rewards:

-  All attributes increased by 2.

- Vow: Equivalent Exchange (Skill, Active).

- Resilience Boost(Skill, Passive).

I read the notice while the class fell silent as I began to sit on my seat. 

'It did work... Although I still didn't know how to trigger it...'

Suddenly I felt a pleasant warm feeling spreading through my whole body, I felt vigorous and lightweight.

'This time it's quite noticeable.'

"... That's correct... However please pay attention next time." She said after a momentary silence and continued the lecture.

'The only clue I have is that the mission is very specific... Hold on.' 

I began to realize something as I question myself about specific over and over.

I also noticed that the gazes of my classmate that directed into me slowly disappeared one by one.

'A situation where I found a specific missio-... Quest... Story... Then...' I widened my eyes.

'Now... By a game logic... That mean the action produced would lead into a desirable results... Results as in Ending.... Which mean.... An Important Character that bring change to the world?...'

With that in my mind I began to connect dot by dot question of mine.

'That would be makes a sense... But... What's the purpose of the system?...' I finally asked the blind point.

It just came with no explanation or whatsoever. 

There's no such things as to save the world as a charity, everything has a goal at least to my understanding.

'Not to mentions world is in fact beyond saving considering nature of humanity itself... Yet it's quite ironic that I as a human want to save this world.' 

I shook my head as a wry smile appeared on my face as a faint voice from my old memory appeared on my mind.

...Hypocrite as always aren't you?..

....Well... This is this and that's that, although I don't mind being hypocrite... Everyone do it at least once after all..

'Hope you rest well... Old friend' I said in my mind before continued my hypothesis while I unconsciously clenched my hand.

As I sorted the available information I gained, I once again began question some things while getting a hypothesis answer.

In the first place why would I transmigrated into this world. Based on my assumption there should be a lot world option other than this place.

'... Become a puppets huh?..' 

But, at least I will get my answer eventually. And until then, I would increase my power.

"Alright.." I answered Ms. Lilian.

With that, day passed with a slight deviation from what I would originally imagine.

After school in the afternoon, I stopped by in the middle way to my home and sat on a nearby bench.

'System..'

[Status]

[Mission]

[Inventory]

[Map] *

Immersion: 5,30%

"That aside I never use map... I wonder how it looks like..." I mumbled.

'Map.'

There I saw a blue dot that indicates myself. The place that I've relation has a different color from the surrounding which was white.

I also noticed that my apartment are on the west side from the center of the country area, to be specific it's around southwest area along with my school that located in the north from my apartment location.

And from various locations a total of 12 dot with various color from red, dark red and purple could be seen scattered around the area.

I mentally command the system for the detail for the closest dot from my location which has red dot on it.

A line of word appeared before me.

-Dungeon-

Estimate enemy: 8

Risk:2(Mild)

"Ho..." I said in amazement. Then I remembered that the status getting update too.

Thus, I began to explore the feature before deciding to go.

'Status'

The line of word previously with map behind it disappeared before getting replaced by a new column of word.

User information:

Health: 91.5/100

Stamina: 80/100-> 800/1000 (50↑) [Vit x 285.714286]

Attack: 12.15 [(50%STR x 10) x 0,5 + (20%AGI x 5) x 0.5 + (20%DEX x 5) 0.5 + (10%VIT x 2) x 0.5]

Def: 35 [VIT x 1000%] {17.5 Damage Reduction} [Def x 0.5]

Attributes:

Strength:  1,3 -> 3,3 (0.1↑)

Vitality:  1,4 -> 3,4 (0.1↑)

Agility: 1,2 -> 3,2 (0.1↑)

Intelligent:  1,6 -> 3,6 (0.1↑)

Dexterity:  1,2 -> 3,2 (0.1↑)

Luck:  1,3 -> 3,3

(Note: Peak Human limit attributes in this world are 2,5 excluding Luck)

Ailment: Temporary Astral Distortion   (1 Hours left)

Ability: 

*Active: Vow: Equivalent Exchange (-)

*Passive: Resilience Boost (1/10)

Equipment: -

"...I've surpassed the peak of human limit unknowingly..." I mumbled.

'Now what could I get-... Right!' I clicked my tongue upon another realization.

"91.5 that mean I lost 8.5... and adding my defense value from my previous status without the increase after I defeat it, I got roughly 6.5 dmg reduction... That mean they have 15 dmg just by graze..." I mumbled as I began a mental calculation.

"Now... My previous attack are around 4.23... I punch it 9 times and adding the choke they have roughly 40 Health...." I smiled.

'Last thing before I go... Skill Equivalent Exchange, Resilience Boost'

-Vow: Equivalent Exchange-

Add a 'Stake' to gain a desired 'Stake', both 'Stake' must be equal in value. It can be applied immediately or through a vow in which adding 'Stake' (Negative) upon self and gave equal value of 'Stake' (Positive) as a predetermined reward when condition are fulfilled. 

When the 'Stake' are determined as a equal value a red mark would appear in the right hand.

Chant: "Vyosg..."

-Resilience Boost-

Add 5% bonus stamina of maximum stamina.

Can be upgraded: (1/10) -> (2/10)

Condition: Emptying The whole stamina at least 3 times each week for a period of 1 month.

As I read the description, my whole body trembled as I finished reading the Vow: Equivalent Exchange description.

This seemingly harmless looking skill that's not so important are a budget reality warping card delivered unto my hand.

It may look not so beneficial under any normal circumstances.

However, it doesn't state a limit or whatsoever. And the most important thing to be known.

That you could gain more power with it with a slight price and you would gain it instantly.

'I could abuse it to achieve my current goal.... I don't need to take a lot time to develop my power with help of this..' 

As I thought about it, I get up from the bench.

".... I take back my word previously about the enemy... This.... Is perfectly Balanced..." I said excitedly upon looking at the Vow: Equivalent Exchange skill description once again.

'Now the prey has became the hunter..'

I then began my journey to the closest dot with help of map.

Time passed. The sun started to set as I arrived to the location, there I saw a distorted gate like crack on the space with a size of an adult beside an abandoned factory.

I put down my bag to an obscure location nearby then without hesitation I began to enter it.

My sight was greeted by a white flash, I began to closed my eyes for a moment.

Then cold air suddenly assault my sense. I began to opened my eyes as the bright light slowly died down replaced by a desolate scenery of destroyed factory.

The skies turned into ash color while a black ashes like particle was scattered everywhere.

The visible area are circular area around the destroyed factory. The rest of the area are pitch black darkness that was like a wall.

I held back my curiosity and quickly found my target. 

All of them were scattered upon the area. they then noticed my presence as they one by one walked toward me.

I smiled as I began to opened my mouth.

"Vyosg.. Half of my stat are temporarily reduced upon the upcoming battle, if I won my stat permanent increased by 0.8 and If I getting hit once the Vow are nullified and my stat are permanent reduced my 0.8 with condition where either me or all of my current enemy are defeated!" A faint red mark could be seen on my hand as I could feel a burning sensation from it.

'Yes... But this is not enough..'

I then slowly approaching them while opened my mouth once again.

"Vyosg... One of my eyes would be inflicted with blindness upon battle, but my reflexes are temporarily increased. The Vow only applied on the current battle until it finished with condition where either enemy or me being killed!"

With that another burning sensation appeared followed by overlapped mark on my hand.

"Hunt begin.." I said as I began to run toward the closest one to me as my left eyesight suddenly darkened.

'I need exactly 7 hit to kill them.. this wouldn't take long...'

Our distance now became closer, I paid attention to it's hand. There's slight movement from it's left hand.

'Left'

I side stepped to the left as I narrowed our distance. I quickly catch its arm before pulled it to the right to create a gap.

With my other hand, I grab its neck before slamming it down to ground.

Bang-

[-11]

A number appeared on it's head

'External Factor do help... And this wouldn't take a longer time than I expected.'

I began to get up without letting go the arm, I raised my right leg up before mercilessly stomping on it's head.

[-15]

Bang-

Several dust scattered everywhere as a result. I held the arm tightly before raised the creature forcefully into the air.

I then let go of its arm before turn around to the left quickly as I raised my right feet slightly before kicking it.

Bang-

[-8]

The kick landed into it's head continued by one quick punch before the creature dissipated into black particle that slowly absorbed into my body.

[-6]

'One down..'

I exhaled as I recovered some of my stamina while looking around.

The creature has already surrounding me. The closest one are move in one group which consisted of three creature from a different direction.

"So you guys isn't only relied with instinct alone... Well... It doesn't matter..." I mumbled as I began to get closer to one of the three.

This time, I clenched my hand before quickly punched it on its chin.

[-6]

The creature was staggered for a moment, with the presented chance I turn around and noticed that I've been surrounded from my back left and right. 

And the other four also followed behind.

Badump-

I could hear the voice of my heartbeat. Without wasting any more time I clenched my fist.

Badump-

Badump-

Then performing to spin around before a heavy side kick from my right leg to the creature I previously punch.

"Shit-" I widened my eyes.

The kick didn't landed as I would expected it stopped at few inch before the creature, I widened my eyes before lowered my left leg and using jt jump into mid air as I spinning to left.

Wush-

A sound of clawing hitting the air appeared behind me.

I immediately raised my left leg as high as I could before slammed it downward to the creature head.

[-8]

'It's head is its weak point..' as I thought that I regained my balance in the air.

"Well... That was a surprise...  I could feel no gravity and my motion were in stillness previously... So you could messed up with law too huh?" I mumbled as I jump from the creature upper body to gained some distance.

[-2]

Tap-

My feet safely landed on the ground, I turned around quickly and see it hasn't recovered.

"Doesn't matter.." I smiled as I clenched my fish before running toward it.

As the creature turned around I quick it three times in quick succession.

Bang-

Bang-

Bang-

[-18]

All landed right into its head. It staggered back while exposing its front body to me.

I closed a distance as I began to kick it on its groin.

Bang-

[-6]

"I guess that's what makes you guys different from human... You just took humanoid appearance... Have no pain receptors however... and your weakness is apparently on your head for some reason... Alright then... playtime is over..." I said as the second creature dissipated before the black particle absorbed into me.

'6 left...'

I took a step back once again to regain some distance while recovered some of my stamina.

I readjusted my breathing, it took 15 seconds as I saw them started to grouping into three group. 

They maintained a close distance from each other.

"It's a bit shame that I didn't bring a weapon..."

I walked closer to the closest group, the one that surrounded me from behind previously. 

"Well.. what about this then..." I smirked.

"Vyosg.... Upon getting hit, I would instantly died in this battle, However there's 15% chance to kill my enemy instantly when being attacked. The Vow only applied on the current battle!" 

A familiar translucent screen appeared in front of me.

-Warning-

User won't be able to revived upon death. Please confirmed to abandon or retain the Vow.

'Oh?' However I paid no heed as I opened my mouth once again.

"I confirm that I would retain the Vow.."

As I said that another faint burn feeling along with red mark appeared on right hand overlapping the previous one.

I began to run to one of the creature on the closest group before punch it in face and connected another blow with my other hand.

[-12]

As I was about to land the third punch I feel a chill and reflectively bend down before turn around.

Whush-

Badump-

"That was close!" In exchange, I immediately kick the creature I once punch with my right feet on it's back.

[-6]

I grab the arm of the creature with my right hand and pull it to my direction as I landed four quick successive punch on it's face.

Bang- 

Bang-

Bang-

Bang-

[-24]

'Three...' I said in my mind as the black particle being absorbed into my body.

The other creature has already arrived in front of me as it raised its hand to mid air before bring it down to me.

I side stepped while waiting the creature next action. Its other hand move slightly before a claw was going to delivered into my head from side.

I tilted my head to right as I came closer while making a grab gesture not far in front of my face with my left hand.

Swish-

I immediately grabbed its arm and held it tightly as I began my counterattack with my other hand.

Bang-

[-6]

As I was about to land the second hit the creature dissipated into black smoke. i was surprised for a moment before smiled.

"Not that I would reject it..." As I said that I redirected my gaze toward the remaining four of the enemy.

In response they close their distance from each other.

I slowly walked toward the one in the middle left as the distance of the right side are more close each other.

Suddenly I began to run and gave it a hard punch on it's face as it began to stagger, I quickly turned around to see my left side and saw that the creature raised both of its arm before glancing at the right side where it also raised it left arm a little bit slower.

[-6]

I immediately turned to right as I delivered a hard kick to the body of creature on the left side while raised my hand.

[-6]

Swish-

I accurately grab its hand before pulled it to my right side. 

I then focused on the one whom I punch. The creature has recovered from the stagger.

I made a claw gesture before grabbing the head of the creature while running ahead to give some distance.

By the time the creature was about to retaliate I throw it down to the ground.

Bang-

[-6]

I get up as the dust scattered everywhere while the creature failed to retaliate.

I raised my leg while putting the center of weight on my feet and began to stomp the creature head quickly in succession.

Bang-

[-10]

Bang-

[-14]

The creature dissipated leaving only the three of them.

I was exhausted for a little bit and began to take a deep breath.

I glanced at the rest of them, they has started to regrouping while maintaining a close distance each other.

Without wasting anymore time I began to run to the creature on the right. 

I've prepared a clawing gesture once more with my right hand, as I arrived in front of it and  launched my right hand.

The creature just back off one step as it raised it's left arm.

'What?' I widened my eyes.

I immediately forced myself to readjusted my posture while kicking the ground to gave some distance.

Swish-

The hand of the creature was brought down few centimeters in front my face.

Badump-

Badump-

I grit my teeth and quickly grab the hand while evading to right side.

Swish-

Sure enough the arm of the creature in the middle attacked my previous location.

"They're learning.. however.." 

With that, I began my counterattack to the closest creature as I hit it hard.

Bang-

[-6]

The creature immediately dissipated. Seeing this opportunity I immediately changed my target.

I began to do a spin kick from my right leg. In response the creature changed it direction to my leg as it raised both of its arm.

'Oh my.'

I smirked seeing this as I immediately cancel the kick in the middle before retracted my leg.

And immediately doing a spin kick with my other feet as it landed right on the backside of the creature head.

Bang-

[-16]

The creature staggered before turned into black particle that was immediately absorbed into my body.

"Now it's your turn..." I said as I gasped for air.

I preemptively began my assault as the creature clenched it hand before throwing punch at my head.

I tilted my head as I hit it's groin.

[-6]

The creature staggered for a moment before raised it's other arm to slash me.

I ducked as I side stepped to left side before delivering a punch on it's head.

Bang-

[-8]

The creature immediately disappeared as I absorbed the black particle it create upon death.

"Ha.. it's finally over." I said as I looked at my hand.

The mark dimmed before slowly disappeared while a warm feeling spreading through my body.

The reality around me distorted before the scenery then changed as I back to the place where I previously entered the gate to the space I've gone into.

"... That was fun.." I mumbled softly.

=

Announcement
around 1k word of battle scene... I will upload the Map(which I was painstakingly created through digital art) on the next chapter which is intermission it's kinda short and would probably update at Sunday or so I thought...and yeah MC are OP and a bit doesn't right on his head(suicidal.. cough..)... I forgot to add the tag mb..

This chapter also shows how bad.. I mean how terrible (it's not too flashy since there's no magic and I'm not familiar with some cool English term.. my bad) I am making a fighting scene since this is one sided(kinda)... What's your thoughts?

0