Chapter 1
930 10 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Bored. I'm bored!" I yelled as I scrolled through the list of newly released games on my screen.

I scanned every game that showed up, but none of them piqued my interest. They all looked so boring, and unoriginal, copying whatever was popular, but as I was scrolling, one game did catch my attention, and it was because of its name, "God Simulator."

 

I clicked the game to check out its description and see what it was about. From the name, my first thought was that it was a management game, but when I looked at the description, I was met with 4 bold words. 

YOU BECOME A GOD

I almost fell from my chair from the description as I let out a laugh. What the hell? What kind of description is this?

A troll game, or a project someone made for fun?

I investigated the game a bit more and found it wasn't even released an hour ago, and had no tags. It was weird. The game marketplace I browsed was moderated. One couldn't just post a game. Games would be reviewed before being released to the marketplace, and I was sure they needed tags which made me even more confused considering this game had absolutely no tags. It actually had nothing except for a title and description. 

Curious, I clicked download. Fingers crossed I didn't just install malware onto my precious gaming computer.

The game was 1 mb, and downloaded instantly. Suspicious, what kind of game is only 1 mb. Is that even possible? Putting this thought aside, I launched the game.

Two bolded letters appeared on my screen: GOD SIMULATOR

This was followed by my screen going black, and text appearing.

WELCOME TO GOD SIMULATOR! AS THE FIRST PLAYER, YOU HAVE RECEIVED A GENEROUS GIFT FROM THE MOST GENEROUS AND POWERFUL PRIMORDIAL BEING [THE ONE ABOVE EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING]

WOULD YOU LIKE TO ACCEPT THIS GIFT?

[Y] [N]

Pfft, what is that name? Over the top much? Anyway, what the hell even is the gift? I don't even get to know what the gift is? 

"Well, a gift is a gift. Shouldn't refuse a gift," I said to myself as I pressed [Y]

A loud bell sound played after, and another screen appeared.

 

 

[GIFT CONFIRMED]

PLEASE CREATE YOUR GOD

DESCRIBE YOUR DIVINE APPEARANCE. THE MORE DETAILS, THE BETTER

[DIVINE APPEARANCE]: ____

 

Was it based on AI? If so, that's pretty cool. Hmmm, well gods have to be cool, so let me take my time here.

After a few minutes of coming up with ideas of what a unique god would look like, I finally ended with something that I thought was interesting. Something humanoid, but unique.

 

[DIVINE APPEARANCE]: The body of the god with the exception of the main two arms, and lower half is made up of many pale grey arms that stretch up to surround a miniature black sun with a golden outline. A black, and tattered samurai armor is worn by the god, hiding its collection of limbs.

 

After inputting in the description, a 3 dimensional render of the description was made. I was surprised at how close it was to what I was imagining. I had to give their AI a big thumbs up. No game had this type of advanced AI technology.

Spoiler

[collapse]

 

CONFIRM DIVINE APPEARANCE

[Y] [N]

 

I didn't have to think much and pressed yes.

 

DECLARE YOUR DIVINITY! (NOTE: THIS FIRST DIVINITY WILL BE GRANTED AS A MINOR DIVINITY)

[DIVINITY]: ____

Divinity... A few popped up in my mind. Thunder, Fire, Smithing, Sky, Space, Time, Speed, and Darkness. These all sounded interesting, but Being the God of Thunder with the appearance I chose wouldn't really fit. Fire didn't fit either, same with smithing, time, and speed. Space, and Darkness were the ones that fit, although Space wasn't exactly the truest to my appearance. If I were choosing just based on theme, Being the God of Darkness would fit the best, and I was just about to enter that as my Divinity when I got an idea of a better divinity.

What exactly is darkness? Darkness is just the absence of light, meaning no light. When there is nothing, there is darkness, so instead of being the God of Darkness, I could be the God of Nothing. Making my decision, I entered, "Nothing."

DIVINITY CONFIRMED

[ERROR]: ADVANCED DIVINITY, PLEASE CHOOSE A DIFFERENT DIVINITY

[EXCEPTION]: DETECTED GIFT FROM [THE ONE ABOVE EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING], GRANTING [NOTHINGNESS DIVINITY] AS A MINOR DIVINITY

CONGRATULATIONS ON BECOMING A GOD, BUT ALL GODS NEED A NAME, PLEASE CHOOSE A NEW NAME, OR STICK WITH YOUR CURRENT NAME, [GALE]?

[I WOULD LIKE TO STICK TO MY CURRENT NAME]

[NEW NAME]

How the hell does this game know my name? It was weird, but I have heard of games reading your account information, so I just chalked it up to that.

Of course, I knew the number one rule in online gaming. Don't use your real name online, so I made a new name. This also combined with the fact that Gale didn't really suit the god he made, so after some deliberations, I decided on the name, Nai.

NEWBORN GOD [NAI]

YOU ARE NOW A GOD

I prepared myself. Had I just wasted my time? Or was this an actual game? But these two questions I had would be proven wrong the next moment. I did not waste my time, and this was not a game.

All around me, everything was collapsing. It was like a game glitching. The walls of my room flickered until all that surrounded me was a primordial void, lacking any life. I looked down at my body, and it too was disappearing. A dream? What kind of messed up dream was this though?

In the next few seconds, everything disappeared, even my body. Even without my eyes, I could tell there was nothing around me, but this brief moment surrounded by a void of nothing was quickly interrupted when I suddenly found myself laying down on a grassy hill.

I opened my "eyes" if they could even be called eyes. I had no eyes. It was weird, I couldn't see myself, but I could instinctively tell that I had no eyes. What I saw was a surreal view. 

It was a sunset, the most beautiful sunset I had ever seen, and just on the other side, I could see two moons, one big, and one small. I pinched myself to see if I was dreaming. I didn't wake up.

I did it again, and I didn't wake up.

NO WAY! I'VE BEEN TRANSPORTED TO ANOTHER WORLD!?!?!?!

 

Yo! Author here. I hope you enjoyed reading the first chapter! :). This isn't the first series I've tried to write. I usually get lots of ideas, but I get lazy and end up not doing them. So when I got the idea for this series, I immediately started writing, and hey I managed to write a chapter. Not my best work, but I think it's ok considering it's to set up everything.

I hate starting books because it's way easier to write when it's already started if that make sense lmao. Anyway, I do have lots of ideas, but don't expect a stable release schedule. My goal is to do at least one chapter a week, so I don't get burnt out. I feel this is a better alternative than just simply dropping the series.

To get something out of the way, this is not a LITRPG. The start makes it seem like it is with the whole game theme, but it's not. There will be no "stats", at least for Nai, the Minor God of Nothing.

Yeah, other than that. Thanks for checking out my new series that I hope I won't drop because I actually like it.

Gods can have multiple divinities, so Nai won't be limited to being just the God of Nothing, if you have any suggestions of divinities he should try getting, please leave comments. Any grammar mistakes, spelling mistakes, please help me out and leave a comment. Any critique, please comment, I appreciate the feedback.

 

 

 

 

31