Chapter 2
755 4 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was unusual. I wasn't talking about being transported to another world. No, for some reason, I found it normal. Why was this the case?

What I found unusual was how I was reacting at this very moment. Sure, I was one of those guys that always thought it would be cool to be transported to another world. Get cheat-like powers, and all the sorts, but I would definitely be freaking out. I should be freaking out, but I'm not.

Weird.

I looked over my new body. Like I suspected, I had the body of the 3d render that the game showed me. No difference, the exact same. My upper half made of pale grey arms didn't feel weird either. I had complete control over each individual arm. It was like I'd had this body my whole life.

And my new head, which has now been replaced by a floating miniature black sun. I didn't have eyes, so when I first "opened" them, I could only see what was in front of my body, but I found that the sun wasn't what allowed me to see, it was more like my brain? The central control room, so to speak, and to see, this brain processed information by feeling the energy that came off everything subconsciously. I don't know how I know this information, maybe because it's my body, but I just do.

Going back to what I was saying. My old human mind unconsciously set a limiter because I was so used to being human, but upon releasing that self-imposed limit, my field of vision increased greatly.

I could now see all around me, all 360 degrees, and I could see quite far too. Since I was seeing by using the energy that naturally exuded out of all things, I could see stuff even if they were obstructed. It was cool.

I observed the place I found myself in. A grassy plain. It was a beautiful place. The grass looked exactly like the one's on Earth except it had a slight purple hue, but the flowers were completely different.

It was like a garden with colorful flowers everywhere. In this colorful place, I stuck out like a sore thumb. It was pretty funny to be honest.

Anyway, along with the flowers, I detected the presence of many animals. They were hiding, which made sense considering I was a stranger in their home.

Hiding behind a rock, was a rabbit, or it looked like a rabbit. Everything about it was no different from Earth's rabbits, but this rabbit had an unnatural green stem sticking out atop its head, just between the ears. It peeked at me behind the rocks, trying to stay hidden, but unaware its huge ears were poking out.

I inspected other rabbits and they were more or less the same, but some of them had a green stem on their head and some didn't. Was it a way to tell gender? Well, whatever. I didn't come here to be a zoologist. I'm a god now!

Speaking of, what do gods do again?


"What is it?" a villager asked.

The man he asked stroked his beard. "Hmmmmm, from what I can tell. It's a magical disease of some sort."

He looked over at the corpse that lay on the table. All across its body were glowing green lines that looked similar to veins. Opening the eyelids, he noticed that the green vein-like lines had also spread to the eye, changing the color of the eye to green. He closed his eyes, and looked at the beautiful flower that had bloomed atop the corpse's head. He pointed at this flower and arranged his thoughts. This was familiar.

"I think I know what this is, but if it is what I'm thinking of... Then I'm afraid this whole village is doomed, even me."

The man's eyes widened, "Doctor, what do you mean? What is this? And what do you mean our whole village is doomed?"

The doctor sighed as he plucked the flower with his left. 

He waved his right hand over it, "Ignite."

The flower burst on fire, and within a few seconds turned into ashes.

"Well, there's a chance that we're the only ones that will die, which is the best case scenario. Tell me, when you brought him to me. Had this flower already bloomed?" He asked while cleaning the ashes of the flower.

The man looked into his memories, recalling what had happened before. He remembered going out to pick some fruits. The Village Elder was celebrating the birth of his grandson, and asked him to make his best wine.

It was when he was picking the fruits that he found the man's corpse lying there. It looked just like it was now, and the flower had already bloomed.

"Yes, it had already bloomed, but what does this mean, doctor? Please explain, I only make alcohol, and am not well-versed in things such as these."

"Tsk, it is as I feared. I'll explain. I'm not 100% sure, but this greatly resembles a disease far to the west. Across the great ocean that is guarded by gigantic sea beasts. I cannot remember the name, but I do remember reading about it. It's not exactly a disease, but rather a parasite. The beautiful flower I burned releases pollen that infects living beings. You won't feel anything at first, but the moment you are infected, it's already taking effect, and has started draining your magical energy, after a day or two, these green lines will appear along with a green stem, and finally, the flower will eventually bloom, killing you, and infecting more people."

The man fell to his knees. "It's my fault. I have killed our village, and my family."

The doctor patted the man's shoulder. "Yes, it is your fault, but I do not blame you. You did not know this would happen."

"Is there anything we can do? When I took the corpse to you, I had covered it. I felt that children shouldn't see a dead corpse. Maybe the cloth stopped the pollen?"

"I'm not sure, but let's hope it limited the spread of the infection. Call for the Village Chief."

"What about the pollen? We are surely infected. What if we infect other people?"

The doctor waved his hand. "Don't worry about that and get on your way immediately. Once the pollen has attached itself to something, it cannot infect anything else. Now go quickly, I will try to find the book that detailed this parasite."

The man nodded and went on his way.


A knight in shining armor. He stood stall as he walked up the steps of the castle. The king ordered him to come immediately as there was a disturbance in the Eastern Forest that worried the Kingdom's Great Wizards.

As he arrived in front of the king sitting on his golden throne, he kneeled, took off his helmet, and charmed a couple of the king's concubines with his handsome face.

It was truly like a sculpture coming to life. Short blonde hair, and golden-tanned skin. His eyes were bright gold, captivating anyone that his stares fell on.

"You may rise," the king said. His presence was great. It had been a while since he himself joined a battle, but the air he gave off said otherwise.

The knight nodded and stood up.

"Captain Godfrey, I call you here today to investigate a disturbance in the Eastern Forest. Grand Sorcerer, Ezin, will explain the rest."

"Captain, we urge you to make haste. In the Eastern Forest, a large burst of magical energy has been detected. There is no doubt that other countries have detected the same thing as us. This could very well be a magical treasure bestowed by the gods, but be careful as the last time this happened, it was not a treasure, but the Demon King being born," the Grand Sorcerer explained. 

Godfrey nodded. "Say nothing more. Do I have your permission to leave, your Highness?"

"Yes, now go and bring greatness to the Kingdom."

Godfrey left, picking the best of the best to go with him on this journey.


I had been walking for some time. Right now, I was heading towards a village that I detected. It wasn't too far, but it would still take some time. As I walked, I experimented with what I could do. 

I gathered energy within my right hand, and channeled my divinity into it, creating an orb of nothingness. If I had to describe it, it was like a black hole, but the difference is a black hole technically still had something, a singularity, but what I just made was pure absolute nothingness. 

I waved my hand, sending the orb flying into a tree, and instantly disintegrating it, leaving no traces. Isn't this broken? I experimented a couple more times. I also tested to see if I could lose energy and it seemed I couldn't. Rather, I wasn't even using my own energy, but of everything around me. It sounded overpowered, but I guess this would be normal for a god.

After walking for what must have been 45 minutes, I arrived at the outskirts of the village. It was a small village, surrounded by wooden fences. There were two entrances, and soldiers with spears and tattered iron armor were posted at each one.

I guess I should introduce myself. I left the forest, walking towards one of the guards.

"STOP! DEMON!"

Nai, Nai, Nai... meeting some humans. Anyway, some worldbuilding. I wanted to post a chapter yesterday, but work kinda screwed me, but hey I did it today woooooo. I hope you guys enjoy and I've been reading comments. I like your ideas. If I do happen to steal them, I will give credits haha. Like before, please leave comments. Any grammar mistakes, spelling mistakes, please help me out and leave a comment. Any critiques, please comment, I appreciate the feedback.

Oh and any first person pov is Nai. So people aren't confused in the future.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

30