Chapter 3
675 5 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Calm yourself, you are standing before a god," I said.

Maybe it was because of my godly status, but I naturally looked down on life weaker than me. It was like a godly instinct. This instinct was also telling me to get this guard to worship me. I tried to find a reason why, and the only conclusion I got was that sure, I was a god, but I could grow in power if people worshipped me.

The guard ignored my declaration, yelling for help which woke up the villagers that had been sleeping, and a crowd appeared staring at me, along with the second guard.

The two guards stood in front of me. Some strong-looking villagers stood behind but the majority were standing far back, with some even hiding in fear.

I'd gathered that this would be the natural reaction to my appearance, but I had to do something to get them to worship me. Should I just use my power to conquer them? None of them looked very strong, so it was definitely possible, but there came a problem with that. I would be forcing them to worship me, but if gods grow stronger from belief, then surely worshipping me by their own free will would be better. Quality vs. Quantity.

I released my divine aura, encompassing the whole village. "I came here as a newborn god looking for followers. Follow me, and you will be safe, and gain my blessing, but under one condition. That is you must swear your undying loyalty towards me."

It was a simple speech, but I thought it was ok. I even enhanced my voice with magic so that everything within my aura could hear me.

"You expect us to believe this? The gods left long, long ago. They created the universe and left after. Whatever you are, you are a fraud. A demon looking to steal souls. We will not listen to you," the guard said, pointing his spear towards me.

I was about to say something when I felt a man running towards me. He had black hair, maybe in his 40s. "Can't you guys feel the energy that it's releasing? This is Aether, the purest energy. The energy of the gods. Merciful being, if you are a god, I have one request for you."

"State your request," I said plainly.

"Please save this village! Do this, and I will swear my undying loyalty towards you!"


The doctor looked for the book that contained information about this parasitic flower. 

"Where is it?" he said to himself as he searched through dozens of books on his shelves.

It didn't take long for books to be scattered along the floor. As a doctor, he had lots of books. He was a self-taught doctor, and whenever the merchant would pass by their village, he would make sure to buy every book that would help him become a better doctor.

It took a while, but he eventually found the book in question, "The Diseases of the West."

It was a big book, detailing the native diseases that originated from the western continent. The author in these books classified the diseases by how deadly they were. The classifications were: Continent, Country, City, Village, Inconvenience.

The parasitic flower was listed under City which meant it could easily kill a whole city.

The Living Flowers of Death were their name. Looking at the section where it details how to limit the spread of the parasite. The doctor sighed. There was no hope.

The flowers had pollen so incredibly small that they could not be seen. Due to this, they could get through any type of material that was not completely solid. Not only that, they are so infectious that they can infect people up to a few hundred meters. Their only weakness was fire, and being starved. 

The fire was obvious, and how most cases are dealt with, but they can also be starved. If they have nothing to drain of magical energy, they will starve and die.

The doctor was convinced all hope was lost. The chances that everyone isn't infected in this village is near 100%. There was also no cure for this parasite. The only documented case of someone surviving was when they were helped by a dragon.

But then the doctor suddenly felt an unknown energy. Something he wasn't familiar with. He felt it surround the village. It felt divine, and then he heard the being who cast this energy speak. It called itself a god, and was looking for followers. Gods, the stories said, left upon the creation of the universe, and that they wielded the natural primal form of energy, Aether. 

"This energy, it must be Aether," the doctor said aloud. He left his house. This might be their last chance of surviving.


"Doctor, what are you saying? You are being tricked right now. This is not a god, but a demon," one of the guards said.

"Demon or not, this village is still doomed. Right now, you are all infected with a parasite, and the only thing that can possibly save us, is this being," the doctor replied.

The villagers talked amongst themselves after hearing the news that they were all infected.

They're infected with a parasite? It doesn't look like it though. Maybe it's something hidden deep within. I focused my senses on the man who was apparently a doctor in front of me, inspecting his body. To my surprise, he was infected.

There was a foreign growth that is starting to grow on his spine. It was small, but it was definitely foreign. I inspected the other villagers and they all had this foreign growth. 

I wasn't sure how I would cure this, but maybe I could just make it disappear?

"So you want me to get rid of this parasite? And in turn, you will become my loyal follower?"

The doctor kneeled down. "Yes, please grant my request, O great merciful being. If you would like. I could sign a blood pact. If I don't do what you wish, I will die."

Is that a thing? What am I talking about? Of course it's a thing. I should really start thinking more like a person in a magic world than a person back on Earth.

"No need. I do not need a blood pact. I'll kill you myself if anything. Come now. You will be the first to be rid of this parasite." A blood pact would bind this doctor to me, but then it would be more like force instead of his free will.

The doctor stood up, walking towards me.

"Doctor! Stop!" one of the guards stepped up to try to stop the doctor, but I wasn't having it.

"This is his decision!" I waved my hand, sending off a burst of energy and making the guard fly into a wooden pole.

The other guard along with the villagers ran to his help, checking to see his condition.

When the doctor was now face to face with me, I realized just how tall I was. I must have been almost 8 or 9 foot, and towered over the doctor.

"Turn around. The parasite is on your spine," I ordered.

The doctor turned around and I lifted my hand up, pressing it flat on his back. I'm going to be honest. I wasn't sure what to do. Being a god didn't really have a God 101 Handbook.

I tried to use my instincts as best as possible, channeling energy into my palm, which the doctor called Aether. I directed the energy into the doctor, targeting the parasite, and infusing it with my energy.

This was a mistake on my part. I didn't know that this parasite fed on energy, and me doing this hastened the growth of the parasite, causing green veins to appear on the doctor's body.

What the fuck? I don't want to kill my first follower. I then channeled my divinity of nothingness, willing the parasite to disappear, and thankfully it disappeared which made me breathe a sigh of relief as the doctor returned back to normal, taking deep breaths.

Well, I didn't really release a sigh of relief because I don't have a mouth. Well whatever.

The doctor turned around. "Thank you. As promised, I will swear my loyalty to you. May I please have your name, great merciful being?"

I enhanced my voice again so everyone could hear, and stomped my foot, releasing a small shockwave in the air. "I am Nai, The God of Nothing."

It was kind of funny calling myself the God of Nothing.

"Oh, Great God Nai, I, Zeke. Pledge my loyalty to you," Zeke said, kneeling on one knee.

The instant he pledged loyalty to me, I felt a surge in power, and a connection to Zeke. The connection was strong, but I could feel that it wasn't at its strongest.

Was this a sign of how loyal my followers were? If so, it makes perfect sense. I saved his life, so his loyalty is higher than normal, but he isn't completely loyal which is fine with me.

Hopefully my act of curing their doctor convinced some of the other villagers to follow me.

"Doctor, are you ok?" One of the villagers asked.

The doctor smiled. "Yes, I'm fine. The Great God, Nai has cured me of the parasite, so don't be scared and come here to get cured. If you don't, the same thing will happen to you, but unlike me, you will be dead. I promise you this."

"There is no need for you all to come to me," I announced as I began to spread my senses and detect all the humans in the village. It was crazy. Everyone except one person had been infected. 

Like I used on Zeke, I channeled my energy into their spines, but learning from my mistake, I pre-emptively used my divinity and destroyed the parasite. Like that, everyone had been cured. Maybe I'm really the God of Healing?

"Everyone has been cured. I will ask again. Who here wants to follow me, and receive my blessing? This is your last chance before I leave. Consider that it was me who saved your lives."

The villagers were most likely wondering if they should follow me. After all, there wasn't a 100% proof that I was a god, but I was surprised when a little kid approached me.

He was small with red hair, and his eyes. Oh, his eyes were captivating. A deep shade of red. "Can you make me strong?"

I laughed. A loud laugh that reverberated in the air. "Strong? I'll make you the strongest!"

Another day, another chapter. First follower, and maybe another one?

Picture to help your imagination!!!

Zeke:

Spoiler

[collapse]

Something like this? Ignore the lab coat. But I imagine Zeke as looking like this. Doctor butler dude.

Anyway, big plans. After all, Nai had been born. Major countries have definitely felt his presence. What will happen? Oh, and is Nai the only god out there? HMMMMMMMM. For you guys to think about and wonder.

As always, please leave comments. Any grammar mistakes, spelling mistakes, please help me out and leave a comment. Any critiques, please comment, I appreciate the feedback.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

20