Chapter 4
483 7 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The kid's eyes widened, and his mouth opened to speak, "If you can make me the strongest, then I will follow you forever."

This kid would definitely not do well on Earth, but I guess I did have some credibility. Not only did I look like a powerful demon. I did cure this village. What should I do now? I have two followers... Oh right! Blessings, but how do I even give blessings?

"Come alone little one, and tell me your name. You too, Zeke," I said, motioning with my hand.

The two walked towards me, kneeling down, and bowing their heads. The villagers looked from afar, wondering what was going to happen.

"My name is Gabriel," the child told me. "An Orphan."

An orphan huh. Who was taking care of him then? Had he just been surviving by himself in this small village? It was hard to believe, but if he could survive in conditions like this then it would be good to take him in.

"From now on, you two will serve me. I will be your new God. You will exist to serve me and in return, you will be given power, knowledge, treasures, and prosperity. You two are my first disciples. My right, and left hand," I declared.

I followed my instincts. My body knew how to give blessings, and I followed along. I took off my armor that covered my right and left arms, revealing my skin.

It was disturbing. A mass of multiple arms, all coming together to form a single arm with one hand. The arms moved around as I moved my right and left arm on top of my two disciples.

I channeled the energy that Zeke called Aether into their bodies. The energy reconstructed their bodies. It wasn't a full reconstruction, but it definitely made it better. A body enhanced by Aether. It even improved the meager energy that they had in their bodies. Zeke's energy increased tenfold, but it was Gabriel that seemed to respond the best with an astounding thousand-fold increase. Gabriel's energy now overpowered Zeke's as a child. At first I was disappointed with getting a child, but this seemed to be a blessing.

The arms that made up my arms extended towards their heads. Multiple arms stretched out as I channeled energy. Now was for the blessing. Following my instinct once again, I gathered energy, but this time I mixed in my divinity, and a lot of it. Their mortal bodies now touched by the divine, the immortal underwent change. 

In the middle of their chest, a hole formed. It was a mysterious hole that defied physics. One could look through it, but the edges were pure black. Where one would expect to see organs, or flesh, there was just black, and their arms. Gabriel and Zeke's arms turned a pale grey.

At this point, I could tell the blessing was done. My divinity flowed throughout their body, cleansing it periodically. It was done, but I felt that it could've been better. So I inserted more of my divinity which seemed to have a greater effect.

A hole appeared on the palms of Gabriel's hands, and the same holes appeared on Zeke's shoulders instead. Their eyes changed, the whites of their eyes turning black. I wanted to try seeing what would happen if I kept going, but these transformations weren't all positives.

Their bodies had been changed by Aether, and my divinity and it had took a toll. The two coughed out blood in pain, and their bodies squirmed. They weren't going to die, but if I kept going then I was sure they would so I stopped.

My arms returned to normal, the arms that made it up retracting to their usual spots. I grabbed my armor pieces that laid on the ground, putting them back on.

My new disciples laid on the ground, their bodies racked with pain. I might have overdone it.

The villagers looked terrified. In their eyes, I probably killed them, but they were proven wrong as Gabriel and Zeke stood up.

I could tell they were forcing themselves. I should apologize, but that doesn't look good as a god. For now, I'll make something up. 

"Congratulations, you two. Both of you have received my blessing with no problems, but you need some time to rest. We will rest today, and leave tomorrow!"

Perfect.


A group of five warriors arrived at an open field. The open field which used to be home to dozens of beautiful flowers had been wiped clean, and burned to ashes. 

The leader of the group assessed the surroundings. The green field was now an ashen field with numerous footprints scattered along the ground. Inspecting the footprints, he found that they could only be made by iron boots.

"Captain Godfrey, what is it?" a woman in a red and gold cloak asked.

"I had already expected it since we were the farthest, but someone has arrived before us. Let's move quietly." Godfrey turned to another woman wearing a skin-tight black suit, that showed off her feminine features. A black mask covered her face, and a pair of short swords hung along her back. "Scout out the surroundings."

Godfrey felt the ash, picking it up from the ground. It was still warm. "They can't have gone far. This has just been recently burned."

The woman nodded, vanishing not even a second later.

"Do you want me to use Scouting Magic?" the cloaked woman asked, taking out a small wooden stick, adorned with runic symbols.

Godfrey shook his head. "No need. Conserve your mana. Aki will find them soon enough."

The woman grumbled. "I don't know why you trust in her so much. She's a foreigner that comes from the far east. What if she is a spy?"

"She is a foreigner yes, but she is still the kingdom's best assassin. I know you two have your differences, but she has saved my life. Even if she does not come from here, she is still one of us. End of discussion."

"HAHAHAHAHA! Captain, Missy here just has a crush on you. Call it a little bit of woman rivalry," a loud voice boomed out. The man was huge. Easily over 7 foot tall. He wore a shining silver armor, his helmet adorned with silver horns similar to a bull. On his right hand was a tall shield, the same height as him, while his sword hung on his right hip.

"SHUT UP! I'm just concerned that we could have a spy in our midst!" the woman replied.

"Erik, and Mia. What did I say? Be quiet. We don't know who can hear us right now," Godfrey said, silencing the two.

After a few minutes of silence, Aki came back, looking the same as before.

"It's good to see you back. Did you see anything?" Godfrey asked.

Aki nodded. "A small army from the Rahan Empire has been dispatched and is currently heading to a village east from here. When I saw this, I immediately went to the village."

"I see. So was there anything in the village? If the Rahan Empire is heading there, then there must be something."

"Yes. Despite it being night time, there were multiple villagers awake, and they were all surrounding a certain house. I tried to enter the house, but..."

Godfrey raised his eyebrow. This was their kingdom's best assassin, and she couldn't enter a simple house in a small village? "But what?"

"I'm sorry Captain, but I couldn't enter the house. My body was telling me it was dangerous. You know how I've lived, captain, and I will never disobey my body. It's how I've lived till now," Aki said.

"I told you we couldn't rely on her!" Mia chimed in, smirking before turning to Godfrey. "Captain, let me use my scouting magic. I'll see what's in that house."

"What did you say?!" Aki asked, pulling out her sword and pointing it at Mia.

"Stand down!" Godfrey ordered them.

"Tsk. Be careful when you sleep, you wench," Aki said under her breath, purposely making it loud enough so Mia could hear.

Mia was about to retort when Godfrey interrupted her. "Very well, use your magic. The more information we have, the better."

Mia smiled. Finally, it was her time to shine. She pulled out her wand, channeling the mana in her body. The symbols carved on the wand shined a bright blue. She swung the wand, drawing a symbol that looked like an eye. "Third Eye."

A floating eye appeared in front of her, and she drew another symbol. "Invisible."

The eye faded, turning invisible. Mia opened her mouth to ask something, but Aki already knew what she was going to ask.

"The village is about 300 meters away."

"Hmm, I guess you are useful sometimes," She swung the wand. "Teleport."

Aki's eyebrows twitched in response. She tried her best to not be affected by her provocations, but Erik saw through it making him laugh.

"Magic Mirror. Shared Vision." She casted two more spells, summoning a floating mirror that was now connected to Mia's vision which was connected to the floating eye that had been teleported above the village.

The mirror showed a group of village talking amongst themselves. They weren't surrounding the house like a circle, but they were definitely keeping an eye on it. Mia moved the eye through the house's chimney, entering the house.

"Alright take a look around," Godfrey told her.

Mia nodded and looked around. She saw two people laying down on beds. Their arms a pale grey. She was about to turn to look at the rest of the room when she heard a voice. A deep voice that seemed to penetrate into her soul.

"What do we have here?"

Mia wondered how this was possible. Third Eye was only for seeing. It couldn't hear anything which meant that someone or something was using telepathy to speak to her.

"Well if you won't talk then I have no use for you."

In the next moment, Mia lost consciousness, and started convulsing on the ground, her eyes rolling to the back of her head. The magic mirror that she had summoned disappearing.

"Mia?!" Godfrey tried to shake her awake, but it was hopeless. "Aki, get the old man!"

Nobody likes a peeping tom!

Gabriel!:

Spoiler

this but like with red hair of course

[collapse]

Sorry for the long wait, but hey I uploaded a chapter wooo. So if you guys don't know. I am a student, and it's the end of first semester, meaning I have lots of assignments, tests, and essays. I'll of course try to upload once a week at least, but it might not happen because I'm really busy right now.

Anyway, thanks for reading the chapter. Hope you enjoyed it. Leave comments. Suggestions, critiques, complaints, things you think I should change. Whatever. If I like your suggestion, I might use it.

15