Chapter 1: Perfect Human
7 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In an expensive looking office there sat a man and a child who seemed to be discussing something. The office was filled with beautiful paintings and ceramic vases. A beautiful chandelier hangs from the ceiling of the office.

In a circular shaped office adorned with lavish paintings and intricate vases, there is a man and a child locked in a steady discussion. The walls are lined with ornate bookcases and a shimmering chandelier hangs from the ceiling to cast a warm glow over the room.

"Are you Klara Aswidu?" the man behind a large oakwood desk asked. He appears to be in his mid-forties with his curly black hair having a touch of gray. He smiled at Klara. A tall brown skinned man with curly black hair and a pair of mesmerizing yellow eyes that made him look wise. The name-plate on the man’s desk read a simple “Kevin Bright.” 

"Yes sir.” A girl answered.

"And you're African?" Kevin asked as he looked at Klara. Kevin asked, yellow eyes carefully surveying Klara’s form in a calculating manner.

"Yes, sir.”

"I see, I see."

On the chair sat a beautiful young girl around twelve years of age. She resembled a doll. Long silky black hair and a pair of beautiful, yet forbidding golden eyes. They seemed to sparkle under the light, unlike her expression which remains eerily neutral and devoid of any defining emotion. She wore an expressionless face. Firm lips turned in a modest frown. She was dressed in a pink gown and matching pink boots. 

"You did extremely well in our scholarship exams,” Kevin said thoughtfully. He doesn’t bother to glance at Klara's file that rested open in front of him. “I see you would like to take an IT course in our school?"

"Yes, sir.” Klara replied firmly, “and not just any IT course but the AI Development and World Changing Ideas course.”

Kevin’s brow raised to his hairline. "Why? The course is expensive, and your financial situation won't be able to cover the expenses," he asked. His golden eyes never left her face, scanning her up and down for any sort of anxious movement. Despite this, he found no such thing in the young girl’s body movement. 

"That's why I chose to do the scholarship program. I remember that if I passed all of the fifteen subjects given to me, I would get to choose the courses I want in this school. You would have never called me here if I had failed," Klara retorted back, unwavering in her approach. 

Offering a crooked smile, Kevin leans back in his seat. "You're right, Young Miss. You didn't fail. In fact, you passed so well that you left the teachers in shock." 

"Although I regret to inform you that the scholarship works for all other classes except that one. It’s sponsored by one of the top IT companies in the world, Diamond Industry, and the requirements for that class is that you must be male.” 

Klara’s expression remained the same despite what she heard. With a shift in her seat, she straightened her posture and stayed silent. 

"I'll make an exception for you," Kevin said finally after a short moment. "At the moment, you're too young- you’re just 12 years old, so I would like you to come back in four years. Because the IT course in our school is for male students only. It would be beneficial for you to dress as a boy.” 

Brow knitting together, Klara tightened her fingers over the fabric of her pink dress. "I…don't mind dressing as a boy, but why can't I go to school now?" she murmured slowly.

Clicking his tongue chidingly, Kevin says, "Child, you're much too young. I know that your mother wants to prove to the world that she created a successful experiment. A human being without emotions, but has the highest IQ one could have. However, I believe you have emotions and you simply just need to find it." 

At Klara’s progressing frown, Kevin rounds his desk and patted her on the head. 

"I understand, sir, but what does this have to do with my age?" 

"Now is the time for you to make friends."

"I have no need for such worthless things. Everyone is a miserable pawn and has its own worth. Use the pieces wisely and you’ll win the game," Klara stated coldly. 

“Ughh, you're much too stiff.” Kevin shook his head solemnly. “So, technically, you don't have friends?" 

"I do," Klara answered.

"Oh, that's good," He patted Klara on the head. "Since you're so smart, I wanted to ask you if you could teach my son Shio. I have been looking for a good teacher for him recently. And a girl as smart as you would be a perfect fit. You can even be friends with him." Kevin smiled.

 Klara only raised an eyebrow at him. "I'll have to ask my mother first," she said before picking up her smart phone from her blue backpack. "Mother, please, Sir Kevin would like me to teach his son." 

"Kevin! Why do you want my daughter to teach your son? She's only supposed to complete her course and become the smartest person alive. I refuse to let such an irrelevant thing as teaching obstruct her way to greatness!” A woman on the phone yowled, but Kevin only smirked.

"Hannah, you're being too much. She's just a child and look at how you've pushed her. People her age should be playing around and having friends. Not to complete a top world course at just twelve," Kevin rebuked calmly.

"So what? I want my daughter to be the greatest person alive. I want to prove to those scientists that my experiment was successful, and they were wrong for destroying my experiment and calling it a curse!" Hannah scowled. 

"She will not enter my school until she's 16 and she’ll be living with me whether you like it or not,” Kevin said, his arms crossed along his chest 

"You have no right to do this!" She yelled.

"I funded the experiment, so I also have the right to take care of her. Do you think you could have completed the experiment without me sponsoring you?” 

Hannah closed herself into silence on the other line. 

“Good, then. Klara would be teaching Shio and come to your home every evening. I'll send a driver to pick her up, and she won't enter my school till she's sixteen. Do you understand what I’m telling you Hannah, or do I have to repeat myself again?" Despite his supposed question, the man’s menacing words were final in judgment. 

"Yes I do, you fucking old man," Hannah spat as her last form of defiance. 

"Hush now. Don’t curse in front of the child." He sighed before taking the phone from Klara and cutting the call. He then gave the phone back to Klara and smiled at her. "Your mother is quite the hussle."

"I know, she's selfish and doesn't care about the things I want. I'm tired of her antics already. Despite that I still love her since she gave me life once again," Klara said with a straight face. Not showing an ounce of emotion.

"Oh, so would you teach Shio?" Kevin asked.

"Yes I would, and I would take payment, but only for four years.” Klara meets Kevin’s yellow gaze in a silent challenge to contradict her. “Because when I'm 16 I'm going to do every course in the school, even the IT course."

"Oh, would you change your gender?"

"No! I would still remain a girl. I would just dress up as a boy. I like my gender," Klara said.

"Okay then, I shall keep it a secret for you when you attend my school." Kevin winked before taking a seat on his chair.

Klara eyes him with uncertainty. "You promise?" 

"Of course!"

"I sense no ill intent from you, so I shall trust your words," Klara said finally.

*****

Three days after the meeting, Klara was in a black car that came to pick her up from her house now they were driving through a private community. One could tell it was a private community due to all the beautiful houses around. The neighborhood is surrounded by ornate wrought iron gates, the lawns manicured to the point of pristine. In the distance, Klara noticed a country club complete with a pool.

After driving for a few minutes the driver announced, "We've arrived, Lady Klara."

Klara looked at the windshield to see that they were before an extremely huge mansion. It wasn't even a mansion- it was more like a palace. They drove through the gate and into a beautiful long-paved driveway, flushed with a manicured garden till they reached the front of the house. 

Klara got out of the car, watching as it drove away. 

Before her stood a fair maid with short black hair and a pair of kind black eyes. 

"This way, Miss Klara." The maid bowed before leading Klara to the house. The door was opened by two butlers who bowed as they entered the house. 

Walking through the halls, Klara noticed the splendor of the lavish marble floor and famous paintings adorning the walls. The walls were even designed with some rare gems.

"So this is the house, huh? They sure are rich," Klara mumbled as she continued to look around. Despite all the interesting stuff to look at, her face remains impassive and unimpressed.

They then stood before a huge door which was opened to reveal Kevin and a beautiful woman. A boy stands between them. 

The woman was a fair-skinned Russian woman with beautiful green hair and a pair of pretty crystal blue eyes. Her smile was warm and soothing that one could melt just by looking at her. She wore a long red silk gown.

"So, you're the boy named Shio?" Klara asked, walking up to them. She gives a cursory glance at a fair skinned boy, taking his height as a fraction shorter than hers. He had long green hair to his shoulders tied into a ponytail with a pair of beautiful yellow eyes. He wore a cute blue shirt and pants with a pair of bathroom slippers.

"Mama, she's so beautiful! Is she my playmate?" The boy asked happily, walking up to Klara. His voice was soft and soothing, an extremely beautiful and melodious voice.

"No. Your father says she'll be teaching you," the woman clarified sweetly. She pinched his cheeks fondly.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Shio Barton and this is my mum Iris and my dad Kevin," Shio introduced, then gestures towards his mum and dad. 

"It's nice to see you again, Sir Kevin. And it's nice to meet you, Mrs. Iris," Klara said and she curtseyed. "I'm Klara Aswidu."

Kevin approaches Klara with a smile, ruffling her hair. "Glad you came, kiddo." 

Slapping his hand away from her head, Klara says, "I prefer that you refrain from messing up my neatly combed hair." 

"Honey, this child is so mean to me," Kevin cried. He seeks shelter against his wife’s plum chest.

"Are you my new playmate?" Shio asked.

Klara shakes her head. "No, I'll be teaching you." 

"How can a kid like you teach?" Shio raises an eyebrow

 

"Well, we'll find out." Klara smiled, catching Shio off guard. He blushed when he noticed how beautiful she was with a smile. 

"Well, I don't care if you'll teach me. But you must also be my friend!" Shio stated with a red face.

"Aww, since you two are getting along, lemme get some cookies." Iris laughed as she and Kevin walked away. 

From that day on Klara would come and teach Shio every 4 days while she also studied herself. 

1