Ch 01 – 23 April, A new life.
11.5k 17 145
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

… I'm dead. Those were his final thoughts.

Darkness had consumed his consciousness, and he'd long since lost control of his senses. There was a time when telling people he had an incurable disease sounded nice and dramatic. Yet, in the end, he still felt helpless about how meaningless his life was being confined to bed most of the time.

Dying at such a young age sucked, to say the least, but surprisingly, He was at peace with his fate. Ultimately, he was content with the years he'd lived and grateful to the loving family that let him enjoy everything they could afford. He was given many games, movies, books, comics, and novels to occupy his loneliness as he couldn't get out of his lonely bed.

He died satisfied with his life… even so back in his mind… there was a lingering feeling. A wish… that if he had a healthy body.'

That— what he thought in his last moment.

Also,— In the end, he didn't want to die.

That day, Suzuki Kouta remembered as he felt his consciousness sparked back to life. Suzuki Kouta was what you called an ordinary kid. He didn't have any special qualities, with his height and weight being just average. He could even say he was a quiet child, and maybe he didn't have many friends. Furthermore, he was not that smart, with just mediocre grades. Even after a few months, he entered high school. He still doesn't mix well with his classmates and spends more time alone.

That was what he actually believed in the past until… Suddenly, Suzuki Kouta fell ill. High fever, headache, and extreme nausea. It was so severe that it was difficult for him to maintain his consciousness.

Kouta was treated and spent his time in hospital for a week because the doctor did not know what illness Kouta had. In any case, they couldn't find any traces of bacteria, nor was anything wrong with his body. He doesn't seem to have a particularly stressful personal life, either. It wasn't depression and panic disorder which were the most common mental disorders, but those have different symptoms.

The hospital didn't know what was causing it.

As for Kouta himself, he felt hot, dizzy, and nauseous. In that state, Kouta felt he was hallucinating about someone. Someone's memory. He saw something that never happened naturally; the hallucinations felt so real. And he felt like he was dying…

At that time, Kouta didn't know which was real or fake.

Within a week, Kouta saw a lot of memories.

Even after the disease symptoms subsided, Kouta could still see those memories in his dreams. It was a really strange experience.

In the end, after being treated for two weeks, Kouta's condition was healthy, and there were no abnormalities. So Kouta was released from the hospital.

Even though he had returned home, Kouta could still see the memories. Naturally, he told the doctor about this experience. But he only said that Kouta was only hallucinating, nothing strange from the examination results.

In the end, Kouta didn't get a further examination.

Of course, Kouta was trying to find out about the memories he could see. Although there are many names that Kouta recognizes, there are many things that Kouta doesn't know when he looks for them on the internet. He did not find these things.

Like the name of a movie or manga that Kouta saw. Some company names and even places he couldn't find.

That's really weird. Was what Kouta seen from the future or a different world?

He didn't know.

He was confused.

Kouta was a little scared and agitated as what he experienced happened very quickly. And he felt frightened when he entered the school, and in the classroom, he saw his classmate.

A beautiful and cute girl was known as one of the prettiest students in this school. Blonde twin-tail-haired girl with half-foreigner. She was a famous student for one school's beauty and pride in the art club.

Yeah, that beautiful girl was Eriri Spencer Sawamura, a model and sophisticated young lady at school. Because of her manners, she was respected and idolized by other students at the school. Like Kouta did. He actually idolized her before he got those memories.

In the past, if Kouta saw Eriri, he would be very happy. Sometimes he saw her from afar and would be happy to be friends. Also he imagined having a girlfriend, a beautiful and kind girl like Her.

However, after Kouta saw those memories, what he saw changed drastically. Because… because… in that memory, Eriri is a character in Anime.

And it makes the Kouta scared. Did he see hallucinations? Was what he saw real? Or another world? Or something supernatural?

He didn't know.

He didn't understand.

Was the world he's living in just a storybook or Anime? And he was a background character.

If Kouta was not mistaken, Eriri was one of the loser Heroines in harem-type Anime. Kouta, of course, thought this might have been just a coincidence. However, his classmates Eriri and Eriri in those memories were really similar to each other.

Kouta must know. He had to understand… and without realizing it. Kouta wrote a letter, putting it into Eriri's shoe locker.

'I know your secret. I'm waiting on the school roof.' Eri Kashiwagi from the Egoistic Lily.

Kouta didn't know at that time what he did or what he actually was after. He just wanted to know how far the truth he saw from memory.

Kouta watched Eriri from afar. He saw Eriri's face surprised when she read the letter. After she closed her looker shoes. She said goodbye to her friends and immediately went from the shoe locker to the school rooftop.

Kouta followed her from behind. He had been acting outside his usual antics. As he felt there were no other students. Kouta entered the school rooftop and locked the door.

Eriri startled when she saw Kouta come and lock the door. She took a step back and said it in a fast and a bit loud at the same time a quivering voice.

"What do you want!?"

"I never expected someone like you. Would be a member of the doujin team named Egoistic Lily with Eri Kashiwagi as your pen name. A popular illustrator who attracts plenty of fans at events. And most of her doujinshi work is pornography that caters to straight men." Kouta said as he was surprised by how calm he was talking to Eriri.

"How do you know all that?" Eriri dropped her head as if she had been defeated.

"Well, it was quite easy. If you visited your personal studio in the art club. You can just search for your signature." Kouta explained what he saw from his memories. He never ever saw her personal studio, but if this was true. It could be said that his memories were real.

"What do you want!?" Once again, Eriri asked him.

Honestly, Kouta never thought anything further than this. He just wanted to know if those memories he got were true or not. When he realized it was true. He felt part of his soul was gone. The thought that he was just a background character in some harem anime world made his mind blank.

'That's absurd! There is no way!' Kouta couldn't believe it.

"What is your motive…? Do you want money? Or do you want to coerce me into going out with you?" She asked Kouta again. Her face was red, and she started to get cold sweat.

When Kouta heard that, he found that quite attractive. Money was nice, and coercing Eriri into going out with him was also nice. Honestly, he had some admiration and some crush on this beautiful and cute girl.

"Wait!! You're not going to blackmail me, are you? Are you going to attack me!?" Eriri said with a scared and reddened face at the same time. She stepped back and put her hand on her breast as if trying to not let Kouta see her body.

At that moment, something rose in his mind. Kouta felt an annoying itch inside him. An indescribable urge to mess this up. The feeling to go and steal the heroine and girl from those main characters. Even though the main character was just a dense harem guy. And he was most likely a thick-headed deaf protagonist. With just that many girls liked him because he was just nice to them.

Those fears that he feels every night.

That darkness that he started to feel after he got those weird memories.

Starting to spin around in his mind. During that time, those feelings became an excitement that grew in him.

"If… that happens… I'm calling the police!" Eriri screamed at Kouta, who didn't answer her at all. Just stared at her with cold eyes that made Eriri fear him.

"Hahaha…" Kouta laughed loudly, making Eriri shudder when she heard Kouta's laugh. Her face became pale when she saw Kouta put his hand in his face. He tried to hold back his laugh before showing her a devilish grin.

"Really? Calling the police… I still haven't done anything yet… And who do you think will lose more… You or me." Kouta asked Eriri some questions.

"Eh… what…" Eriri was taken back by Kouta's question.

"Think about it. What will happen to your parents? Wasn't it weird and wrong that they let their daughter work in the adult industry? They could be fired from their job. Ah… your father might be back to England."

"That's!" Eriri's face became paler and paler.

"And think again… someone like me or a well-mannered and idolized student, who do you think will go down far? Especially when people know that you're just an otaku that made ero-doujinshi." Kouta said. He knew the last part would trigger Eriri. Since Eriri had some bad experiences in her past about her standing in school with her own hobbies.

"Ugh… What do you want?" Eriri asked Kouta with a defeated tone.

"Well, I will wait in my apartment. So just please prepare yourself." Kouta answered Eriri and gave her his apartment address. Kouta didn't want people to know or see the two of them together after all. He also needed to prepare his room.

"Also, don't tell anyone about this conversation… because maybe I can do something bad to someone…." Kouta warned Eriri.

"Eh…"

"I know a certain boy who more likely knew about your hobbies," Kouta said with a cold demeanor.

Kouta left Eriri alone on the school rooftop. Never in his mind would Kouta do something like this. He was a boy who rarely fought before and never tried doing something bad. But at this time, he felt relaxed and calm… as if something inside him was changing or really that was the case? It could be he changed because of those memories, or it was just a catalyst for his desire to come out itself.

Kouta didn't know or care about any of that. Right now, he felt he became alive again after he fell sick and got those memories.

In the end, with his new excitement Kouta went to his home.

145