100: A reason to fight
6.5k 8 110
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


"Nyaa! I got you this time!"

I was currently playing with Persia. Her cat like traits are more developed than I thought. With some experiments and a few shining crystals I managed to improvise some sort of laser pointer. And just like a normal cat is drawn to light, Persia didn't want to stop until she managed to catch the shiny colored light.

"You're fast, but I'm faster, nya!"

She kept pouncing over and over. As you would expect, she never did manage to catch the light. So after our play session I comforted her. I let her sleep with her head on my lap. She's so cute, fufu.

*Knock knock*

"Come in."

Grace, my trusty battle maid entered the room with a serious expression.

"Milla-nee, you have visitors. 3 people requested an audience with you, but…"

"But what?"

"They look like enemies."

"So why didn't you take them in 'that' room and have Irina dispose of them like always?"

"It's not that simple. Although they seem harmless… I don't know. They give off a really dangerous aura."

It's rare to see Grace this high on her guard. Normally she and my servants would offer to handle any intruder, but this time she's actually telling me to look into it. Oh well. I did order them to be more considerate of their own lives. 

"Okay, Grace. Take me to them. I'll hear them out."

------

As I entered the waiting room I saw 3 people. 2 of them were standing, while the other was seated on the couch. He was an old Mazoku. As for the other 2 they took off their hoods. I was surprised. One of them was a lizardman while the other was an elf. What a strange group.

"You must be Her Highness, Milla Walpurgis, correct?"

"That I am. And you guys are?"

"Allow me to make the introductions. My name is Gaav. The lizardman behind me is Glenn and the High Elf is named Ray. It is an honor to finally meet you."

"So, what can I do for you guys?"

"Your Highness, I will be direct. I want a duel with you."

"A duel? For what reason? I've never met you before. So what reason would I have to fight you?"

"Lady Milla, we belong to an organization called the league of shadows. We scout out powerful opponents."

League of shadows? Seriously!? Do I look like Batman to you guys? 

"You may not have a reason to fight us, but we have a reason. We seek to measure your strength and see if it can be used for our cause."

"Sorry, but I have no intention of sympathizing with your group or join it."

"Hmm. Very well. If you truly need a reason to fight then…"

The old Mazoku looked towards the lizardman. He was carrying a large bag. Was that supposed to be some sort of bribe? Sorry buddy, but I doubt you have anything I want. Or so I thought, until he opened the bag and dropped the contents on the floor.

"Teri!!"

It was my dryad. Teri. She fell lifeless on the ground. I was shocked. I immediately rushed and grabbed her body. Is she…

"Don't worry. She's not dead. Her body is still technically alive.  However she won't wake up. Her soul belongs to us now!"

"What the fuck are you talking about?"

"It's as I said. We took her soul. The process is reversible. But for that you need to accept our invitation to a duel."

Kuh… Something isn't right with these guys. I can't feel any bit of aura or demonic energy coming from them. How the hell did they manage to beat Teri? Did they take her by surprise? And what's this shit about taking her soul? Wasn't soul manipulation a thing only gods could do? Even I can't access that type of power. But all these questions can wait for now. These guys want a fight? I'll give them a fight they'll never forget!

"Fine. If you guys want to die that badly I'll humor you. Let's step outside and I'll crush you!"

The 3 only let out a grin before following behind me. I dunno what they're up to, but I will crush any scheme they might have.

------

"Milla-nyan, you sure you don't want me to help?"

"This is my problem, Persia. Sit on the sidelines with Grace and watch. It won't take long."

We were on the empty field behind my castle. I took a step forward, but looked like only Gaav was preparing for combat.

"Aren't all 3 of you gonna face me?"

"Rest assured, lady Milla, I am more than enough."

"Suit yourself. I'll just have to mop the floor with you then. And as soon as I beat the shit out of you, your friends better restore Teri."

"If you can win, that is. The stage is just right. Allow me to show the power granted by our Master. A power as old as time itself."

The old geezer lifted his palm. He had a ring with a rather unusual stone attached to it.

"Behold! The Dome of Oroboros!"

His stone emitted a bright light. And before I knew it we were locked in a glowing sphere of energy. It was indeed like a dome. This ain't gonna help you though. You just limited your movements.

"Now rise!"

As he said those words, 3 Mazoku suddenly appeared in front of him. All of them were wearing masks. 

"So you're not planning on fighting yourself?"

"Say what you want. But even Ornis lost his soul to the Oroboros in front of these opponents! As long as the dome lasts, you will never be able to defeat them!"

This feels more like the seal of orichalcos to be honest. But you just gave me valuable information. That just means I need to bust this dome.

"[Geo Flare Burst]"

I fire my flaming spell towards the dome. But it didn't shatter. Then let's try this. I tried Persia's spell breaking technique but… I was pushed back by electric sparks. What's up with this thing?

"Did you really think that you are the first one to try and break the dome? Fool. The gods themselves can't break this! Hahaha!"

"Hmph. That just means I need to use a power beyond a God. I will brutally crush you! HAAA!"

I dug deep inside and let out a powerful scream. This still takes a while to use this. I can't instantly trigger it as mastering this is hard, even for me. But there is nothing my flames can't burn.

"[DEUS EX]!"

The god slaying blue flames wrapped my body and my crimson hair also turned blue. I rarely use this.

"Say goodbye now! One attack is all I need! [Azure Dragon Strike]!"

Hehehe. Just as master predicted. Thank you for being such a simpleton! Your power… is ours now!

110