43: The results of training
16.4k 13 319
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"M...monster! How can a little girl be so strong?"

 

The knights were shouting and were scared. Each time they tried to charge me, all I had to do was lift my hand and shoot swirling tornado flames from my hand and rows of knights would get crushed.

 

"Why isn't our holy armor protecting us?"

 

I could hear one of them scream in pain. Their armor is quite decent to be honest. Maybe just a step beneath Lorina's craftsmanship. But at the end of the day, it's still metal. No matter how you enhance it, if heated strong enough it will still melt. And the heat from my current flames is more than their armor can handle.

 

"Dam it! Don't get scared now. She's just one girl! Hey you guys, back me up. Let's teach her a lesson! Oi, loli bitch, do you really think you'll be able to stand up to us heroes and the power we possess?"

 

"...You're all just talk. The power you speak of wasn't obtained by your own efforts. It's fake. A fake won't win against the real deal."

 

The so called heroes are finally coming at me. Good! I'm tired of all these small fry. Come. I'll make you suffer for all your crimes.

 

"Take this!"

 

One of the heroes fired a rock based attack at me. I simply twisted my body to dodge. Slow. So slow. I didn't even have to move a leg. The attack flew past me.

 

"You fell for it."

 

From behind me a muscular figure wielding an axe was slashing down at me. The top sports athlete of our class. But the shock was on him. His axe disappeared from his hands. It took a few seconds for him to process what happened.

 

"Aaaa!"

 

His arms were cut off. This guy was using camouflage to get behind me and try a sneak attack. Please. Irina and Sue are 100 times stealthier than this guy. The moment he lifted the axe above his head I cut his arms off. Their moving in slow motion in my eyes. His screams were annoying so in the next instant I took his head too.

 

"What!? Shit. Guys enough with the warm up. Let's get serious."

 

"That's right… we've only been playing around for now."

 

This time it's Ren himself that's charging at me. His speed isn't half bad. And it seems his armor is trying to suck my mana. Sorry to disappoint you, but the current me won't be phased by such cheap tricks. He slashes continuously at me. Slashes and faints. I dodge everything with minimal body movement. His attacks are so boring.

 

"Now! Double Sla… *Gu…*"

 

I manifested my right wing and extended it to hit Ren's wrist. My wings may look like they have feathers, but they are as hard as iron. Because of my little smack, Ren's grip loosened and cancelled his attack.

 

"Try firing your skills however you want. I'll crush their power."

 

"Don't take me lightly. I'm not just a swordsman."

 

Ren took a few steps back.

 

"[Firestorm]!"

 

Ren just chanted a spell. Firestorm was an intermediate level spell that shot 10 fireballs around the size of soccer balls. Ren really was an idiot. Didn't he see me turn everyone to ash? Fire has zero effect on me. This isn't even worth dodging. All 10 fireballs hit me, but they didn't even make me flinch. Let's show him what a true fireball looks like. I lifted my index finger and shot a single fireball.

 

With Ren's speed he managed to dodge it. But I wasn't aiming at him. Because he dodged, the spell hit one of his so called followers and turned him to a crisp.

 

"You bitch! Killing my friend! I won't forgive you! Takeshi was my childhood friend. I'll brutally murder you!"

 

Friend? Oh, please. Spare me the dramatic act. He just buttered up to you. I doubt you have a true friend. I can't stand his crap.

 

"Like I care! If you walk onto the battlefield you should be prepared to die. Did you ever think about the ones you killed yourself? Did you ever listened to them if they said the same thing? What naivety."

 

Time to inflict some pain. I kick Ren in the gut and send him flying again. But at the same time 3 heroes lunged at me. Did you guys think I wasn't paying attention to you anymore? The 2 that were lunging at me from the side, I grabbed their weapons with my bare hands. The 3rd was a gauntlet wielder and tried to punch me in the stomach. I lifted my knee and blocked his attack too.

 

I twisted my body and crashed all 3 into each other. I wrapped my fist in fire and followed up with a strong punch. Since all 3 were now lined up, I turned them all into a puddle of blood.

 

"You'll pay for that! Grand Smite!!!"

 

Ren got up and got behind me. He swung his sword down on me. The force of the impact raised a big cloud of dust.

 

"Huraaah! He did it!"

 

The knights started to cheer thinking that Ren vanquished the enemy. But their cheers were only for a brief moment.

 

"No. Wait. It can't be…"

 

When the dust cleared, they could see the situation. Ren was lying on the ground with my foot on his back. I let out an evil smile.

 

"You really must have fought some trashy opponents if you thought something like that would phase me."

 

I removed my foot from his back and kicked him again.

 

"Aaah…"

 

He was sent tumbling across the ground.

 

"Kuh… don't you guys just stand there. Shoot her! Unleash some spells on her! Make it rain with pain!"

 

The remaining heroes started to chant their magic and fired them all at once. Various elements covered the sky. But I didn't move an inch.

Because all the spells that were aiming me…

 

"Guahaaa…"

 

All of them hit Ren. Ren was on his hands and kneels.

 

"What the fuck are you guys doing?"

 

"Wha… this doesn't make sense."

 

"Why did our spells hit Takeda-san? I'm sure I aimed right."

 

"So, how does it feel to get backstabbed?"

 

"You… what did you do?"

 

As if I'm gonna give away the answer. I manipulated the air. You could say that I made a wind tunnel. The idea came to me from Miraluka's gravity magic. Although I suck at it, by using the air pressure I managed to achieve something similar and redirected all those spells to Ren. If they were stronger it wouldn't be that easy, but with these guys I can pull off stunts like this.

 

"I'm in a good mood so I'll give you another chance.

 

[Recovery]!"

 

From a distance I casted an intermediate wind healing spell on Ren. It must have worked a bit as he got up back on his feet and was glaring at me.

 

"You're pissing me off!"

 

Good. I only healed you because you haven't suffered enough. It's not time to kick the bucket yet.

 

"Brace yourself for round 2. I'll have you squirm around a bit more."

319