Next Level 2
157 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Heng finished his punishment he immediately headed to the barracks, and without even missing a beat he turned towards one of his comrades. " Where is Wu Tao? Is he here?"

"No, unfortunately..." answered the man who was just resting on his bead , but he could clearly be  seen smiling slightly " Hehh....well I wouldn't blame him, how can I?"

"How so?" asked Heng somewhat irritated, knowing fully well the answer to that question. The news would definitely have reached all the ears of the reserves.

"After what happened today at the training field he will definitely try to escape your retaliation. I wouldn't be surprised if he even made up some excuse to stay in bead....hahaha...

"Hmph, he may try to, but for how long will he be able to?" said Heng as if it was a done deal, and the other didn't deny it. He had known Heng for about one year since they all enlisted as reserve troops and were receiving their training to become proper soldiers. At first he didn't pay him any attention as he didn't stand out besides being a little withdrawn and that he didn't speak much, but now he was known as one of the strongest people, only a little after the 'Bear'. By all means he was an exceptional person  and would definitely be considered a soldier as he was now, but he wasn't.

' Well, everyone has their secrets,  who am I to intrude....' thought the man as he followed Heng's silhouette across the barracks. He knew where he was heading,  but really didn't want to think about it.' So this world really has 'geniuses' after all....

..........

Where Heng went after scouring the barracks looking for Wu Tao was actually the 'back' training grounds. It was called a training grounds, but in fact it could only be described as a small and medieval outdoor gym. There were several wooden weapons created from a type of dense wood to train your muscles,  several rocks of different sizes and shapes,  wooden training dummies, and an addition that Heng had made himself, a pull up bar. This was something that didn't exist in this place  or wasn't really knowing , so only out of curiosity he had created one. It had taken him some money and time to make one , but he was happy  and enjoying its benefits. 

" As usual, no one is here..." spoke Heng to no one as he looked at the empty training grounds. He wasn't bitter or dissatisfied though, he was happy that no one was here as besides training,  there wasn't much to do here besides wonder around the town, gamble his money away, or maybe some adult fun. The first option had lost its shine after he had been in this place for months,  the second didn't really appeal to him,  and the third messed with his livelihood. 

"Haaaaa~.....I gues even in this world money is king huh?" lamented  Heng as he remembered his leisurely life back on earth, but that dream was cut short as he stopped daydreaming and started doing his pullups after removing the clothes on his upper body. 

"1....2....5...10....20....30....40...

He did  his pull ups,  rested,  trained with some of the stone weights, did some pushups,  trained the army sword stances with the wooden weapons,  and finally ended his hour and a half training session with a round of the ' Roaring Tiger ' technique. 

"Huuuuu....."Heng let out a breath as he felt his body burning from the inside. Usually someone would only think that this was the aftereffect of training,  but in fact it was the Vital Qi in his body moving , increasing  and finally becoming even denser. Heng relished in the feeling of fullness and accomplishment , but he knew it wasn't really his own accomplishment,  and in fact one of the perks of his system. He instinctively thought of something  and it appeared in front of him...his 'perk'.

         Fast Recovery 
Increase recovery rate by 35%.
Effective only by staying still for five seconds.

It looked like something great,  a talent someone would kill for , and many would, but taking into consideration  the bigger  picture, and taking from the stories he had heard of this world's monsters, humans,  flora and fauna, something like this was definitely not that good. Nevertheless Heng immediately felt his Vital Qi go up a notch as the perk went into effect. ' This perk is not to bad, it definitely is useful for this stage of cultivation, but with the percentage increase it is definitely not being used to it's full potential......'

As Heng was was still thinking of his perk, he heard a whistling sound followed by a boom. He immediately raised his head to see the explosion of a firework ,and then a second boom was heard. "This...how can....

With his mouth agape, and racing heart Heng saw the two exploding fireworks and he immediately ran knowing full well the meaning of that. A firework means that a drill was under way, and two fireworks means everyones nightmare,  a real deployment. In this world the army not only fought to defend its territory from human invaders, but olso from beasts and other kinds of monsters. Taking into consideration that,  the probability of a lowly footsoldier surviving was not that great.

"Shit....

7