Chapter 2
82 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hey, Caeda what's today's date?"(Mana)

"It is currently May 7th my lady. Is there any specific reason you asked?"(Caeda)

"No just wasn't sure of the date."(Mana)

"Ah, right you would be a little disoriented after being asleep for 2 days."(Caeda)

"(Nervous) Haha, right."(Mana)

Sorry for lying but, you'd think I'd gone crazy if I told you I came from a different timeline. Speaking of which it's only 5 days in the past but, so much is different.

First, is a new king. Then, there's the fact that that bastard is dead, and I don't even get a chance for revenge. There's also this weird feeling. It's like I'm forgetting something.

{Your new Unique skill.}(N)

"(Spooked) Hyyaa!"(Mana)

{Ahahahahaha! You should see your face right now! Ahahahahaha!}

"(Worried) Are you really fine my lady?"(Caeda)

"(Pinches bridge of nose) *Sigh* Yeah. Just an annoying fly won't stop calling me out of nowhere."(Mana)

"Ah, I guess that would scare anyone. Who's calling?"(Caeda)

"That I cannot say. Just know they aren't someone you want to talk to."(Mana)

{I'm hurt. And here I was helping you giving you a second chance plus more.}(N)

You know I'm starting to think you just did that because you were bored and wanted something to watch.

{(Sarcastic) Me? Never. No but, in all seriousness, I was trying to help you. Entertainment is just a bonus}(N)

(Eye roll) Sure it was.

{Anyway, you should check your status. You'll see a few new tabs.}(N)

*Shake head* Whatever. [Status]

Name: Mana Spiritshadow Twilight Age: 20 years Gender: Female
Race: Shadow Tail Kitsune (3 tails) Level: 14/424 Job: Apprentice Illusionist

HP:48/48

Mp:74/74 Vit:24 Agi:28
Sp:50/50
      50/100
Dex:27 Mag:37
Str:27 Sta:25 Wis:39

State: Hungry, Healthy

Unique skill: Eye of Nullification

Skill shop

Skill points:15

Skill: Dagger arts level 4, hand to hand combat arts level 2, Accelerated thought processing level 2

Passive Skill: Noble's etiquette level 6, Advanced dancing level 4, Pharmacology level 2, Sewing level 4, Mana manipulation level 5, Mana perception level 6, Night vision level 2, 

Active Skills: Shadow magic level 5, Illusion magic level 4, Sense presence level 2, Stealth level 2, Shapeshifting(Beast), Elemental sight,

Blessing: N's Blessing

Affinities: Shadow-Advanced, Illusion-Intermediate

Titles: First born of Duke Twilight, Eldest Daughter of Duke Twilight, Anomaly, Regressor, Apprentice of a Master Illusionist,

Message

 

(Stunned) Well, that's new.

{Mmhm, like the skill I gave you?}(N)

(Confused) Maybe? What does it do?

{It allows you to nullify any magic you see.}(N)

(Shocked) That's so broken! How is that even possible!?

{Hah- Oops. Got to go. The future hubby's calling.}(N)

And she's gone. Oh, hey we're almost at the stairs.

*Tap Tap Tap*

The moment I got too the stairs I saw them. Mom, Dad, Axel, and Lily. Standing there. Alive.

"*Drip Drip* (Runs downstairs) (Happy) You guys are alive!"(Mana)

"Huh? (Surprised) Oh, Mana you're- oof."(?)

"*Hugs tight* Dad, you're alive. *Hic* I'm so glad."(Mana)

"(Confused) *Pet's head* Why wouldn't I be? I don't think I've done anything particularly dange-*Smack* Ow, what was that for Maeri."(?)

"(Glare) Your daughter's crying and that's how you try to consul her. *Sigh* Arc dear I love you, but I swear sometimes you're the biggest idiot ever."(Maeri)

"Well then what do you suggest."(Arc)

"Let her cry it out and reassure her everything is ok. Don't just go saying stupid things."(Maeri)

""*Tug Tug*(Looks up) Are wou oway bwig swister?""(Lily and Axel)

"(Smile) Haha, yeah I'm okay you two.*Crouches down and pets heads* It seems you to are getting even better at hiding your fox features. Good job."(Mana)

"No, thanks to your father."(Maeri)

"No fair. You know I can't use illusion magic. Only you and Mana can, so what do you expect me to do?"(Arc)

"Oh I don't know. Hmm let's think maybe stop allowing them to run around the mansion without it on. And don't even try to deny it. They already ratted you out. And it only took me giving them 3 pieces of candy too."(Maeri)

"(Depressed) I really can't win against you can I?"(Arc)

"*Kiss on cheek* *Smug Smile* Nope. It'll take a lot more to beat me. But really stop allowing them to run around without it. You never know who's watching."(Maeri)

"Ahem, are you done? Because from what Caeda told me we should probably be leaving know."(Mana)

"Ah, that's right. Let's go. Lily, Axel be good while we're gone. And don't go outside. Got it?"(Maeri)

""*Waves hand* Oway Mama! Bye Papa! Bye bwig swister!""

""*Waves hand* Bye.""

And then we left. The ride to the castle ended up a little awkward after what just happened but, nothing really happened.

When we arrived, we were greeted with a big line of carriages at the gate. Though we just skipped the line as it's a duke's carriage no one else could really complain. Got to love being a duke.

As we were getting off the carriage, I suddenly needed to use the bathroom.

"(Embarrassed) Um, mom, dad I'm going to head to freshen up so please go on ahead of me."(Mana)

"*Nod* Alright. Meet us at the entrance to the throne room. We're supposed to be the first to great his majesty."(Maeri)

"*Nod* Understood."(Mana)

And I went off to the bathroom.

On my way to the throne room, I came across a blue cat with a midnight blue1This colorcolor. It seemed to be taking a nap on the sunny windowsill. Then it perked it's head up like it noticed something. It then started staring at me.

"Hey there little guy. *Steps closer* Where's your master?"(Mana)

It then got up and stretched. Then to my surprise it started walking towards me.

"*Crouches down* Hey there little guy. Can I pet you?"(Mana)

"*Sits* Nnyyaa."(Blue Cat)

It then sat down in front of me as if saying it was ok.

"*Scratches back of ear**Pets*

*Purr*

"(Shocked) Woah! So soft and fluffy! I thought it was going to feel more smooth but, I was wrong. It's so soft and fluffy to the point it's hypnotic.

Wait. *shoots hand back* (Shocked) No way. Are you a supreme fluff?"(Mana)

"Nnyyaaa!"(Blue Cat)

It then let out a meow that seemed like it was saying yes.

"(Panicked)*Stands up* Ah, sorry little guy, but I've got to go. Me and my parents are going to meet the king today. I'll pet you more if I get the chance. *Dash* Bye!"(Mana)


(??? Pov)

*Flash*

"Interesting, nya. Seems I've found something interesting to play around with, nya. [Fafnir], nya"(?)

*Flash*

{You called master?}(Fafnir)

"*Smug smile* Seems like something interesting has walked right into my castle, nya."(?)

{(Disgusted) Don't tell me you plan to torture another innocent girl, are you?}(Fafnir)

"I did not torture her, nya. I was training her, nya."(?)

{Sure, sure you were. Anyway, why did you summon me?}(Fafnir)

"What, can't I just have you with me, nya?"(?)

{*Sigh* Whatever. I don't care what you're planning. It's not like I could stop you anyway.}(Fafnir)

"Welp, let's go, nya. Can't be late now, can we, nya?"(?)

*Thump* *Flash*


(Mana Pov)

*Thump Thump Thump*

"*Pan Pant Pant* *Inhale* Made it!"(Mana)

"You do know it wasn't necessary for you to run here, right? I don't think the king would get upset if we were late by a few minutes."(Arc)

"I *Pant* got sidetracked *Pant* because of *Pant* a cat."(Mana)

"Are you even listening?"(Arc)

"Sure. *Pant*"(Mana)

"(Dead pan) She didn't listen to a word I said."(Arc)

"Give her a minute she will be fine."(Maeri)


(3 minutes later)

"*Sigh* Much better. Now, what where you saying?"(Mana)

"I said there wasn't a need to run all the way here."(Arc)

"(Embarrassed) Oh, um... I have nothing to say."(Mana)

"(Eye roll) Whatever, let's go in. We've left the His Majesty waiting long enough."(Maeri)

**Nod**

*Push open*

8