The Beginning 2/3
26 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

So as to prepare for the arrival of his VR capsule, Carmen began moving furniture around and adjusting his interior design to compliment the addition of his VR capsule. The whole process of rearranging his furniture around in the right places took roughly two hours and Carmen was satisfied.

Taking a look at his surroundings, Carmen let loose a grin. Looking down at his smartwatch, he checked how much longer until the VR capsule was delivered to his house.

*Order: Limited Edition Land of The Exiled VR Capsule

Expected Delivery: Today @ 4:00pm - 4:25pm*

Checking the time Carmen let out a sigh, "Haaa... Still an hour left to go." (Carmen)

Carmen then began to look for ways to occupy himself until the VR capsule got to his house. Simple things like rearranging the books on a shelf based on color and then sorting based on the title, then author, and color once more. With nothing else he could do to pass the time, Carmen began to read the comments on Land of The Exiled's reveal video.

[Gboy225]: ya its probsbly will lose traction a fwe days after launch

[FullScr33n]: shut up hapless mortal!

[NaySayf2156]: Haha don't comment with your. terrible spelling and poor grammar!

[LordTrash]: trashtrashtrashtrashtrash

[boofboi573]: HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Alex557]: agreed

"..." (Carmen)

After only reading the first few comments, Carmen had lost interest and his hope in humanity. His confusion as to what went through peoples' minds was almost palpable.

Opening up the main page for LOTE, Carmen began looking for any new info. Unbeknownst to him, time had flown by and he received a notification that his VR capsule had been delivered.

Opening the door, Carmen saw two drones hovering outside his door carrying a relatively large wooden crate with metal brackets along the edges. Holding out his wrist with the smartwatch on it in expectation, Carmen waited. The drone in front let loose a smaller drone which then proceeded to fly above his wrist and scan his watch. With a beep of confirmation along with a green light, the drones then flew into the house with the crate.

Walking along with the flying drones, Carmen pointed toward where he wanted the crate to be put down. As natural as flowing wind and waving trees, the drones then placed the crate where Carmen had previously arranged for the new VR capsule.

Approaching the crate, Carmen found a scanner on top of the wooden box and waved his wrist above it. With a psssh sound, the crate opened. First, the bottom of the crate lifted on four metal struts, then two panels slid out from under the crate, which then proceeded to lay flat on the floor. As the crate was "opening" the drones were busy picking up the boards and metal sheets that were originally part of the wooden box.

After a process lasting about forty seconds, the VR capsule was finally revealed. With a smile on his face, Carmen traced his forefinger along the VR capsule, albeit shakily, he pressed a button on his watch. with a whoosh, the drones began plugging wires into outlets. Although initially quite cluttered and messy, the wires and various cords were eventually tucked into spots on the back of the VR capsule and the wires and other such things were only noticeable if you were looking for them.

Satisfied, Carmen continued to walk around the capsule, taking quite a few pictures in the process. Finally done ogling his new toy, Carmen stepped forward and pressed a button along the side panel of the capsule. Mentally making a psssh sound, Carmen was shaking from excitement.

The capsule opened the same way one would expect a top-of-the-line fighter-jet cockpit to open. Hinging upward in a dramatic fashion, the capsule was fully open, revealing a carbon fiber seat reminiscent of a bucket seat inside a race car. The whole interior was relatively plain with two screens, one in front of the seat and the other integrated into the hinging glass windshield. Other amenities included a nutrient tube, heart-rate monitor, surround-sound speakers, and a letter.

Looking at the seat, Carmen picked up the letter. The letter itself was nondescript, simple and white with a half-black-half-white sticker for a seal. Unable to hold in his curiosity Carmen opened the letter.

*

Dear User [Equilibrium],

Congratulations on winning unit 05000. As part of our Special Number Series, you will be gifted with 3 choices when creating your character in the fantastical world of Land of The Exiled.

Disclaimer: These choices WILL NOT provide any sort of tactical advantage within the game, and are purely cosmetic.

*

Reading the letter, Carmen was quite satisfied.

"Nothing wrong with some bonus customization." (Carmen)

Throwing the letter off to the side, Carmen sat down inside the capsule, eager to start his adventure. Looking around while sitting in the seat, Carmen struggled to find an on-switch or interface of sorts. Feeling around the inside of the capsule with his hands, Carmen stumbled upon a very slightly recessed button that was almost flush with the edge the button met up with. With a press the windshield came down, feeling his excitement increase, Carmen became jittery.

Carmen marveled as the capsule closed with a crisp latching sound. Almost instantly, light from outside of the capsule was cut off and a logo twirled around on the integrated screen above him and on the screen in front of him.

Raising a hand, Carmen tapped on the screen in front of him. Following his action, a little jingle played and a silver pyramid popped up on the screen.

*Hello User Equilibrium, I am your personal Service Artificial Intelligence, SAI for short. If you wish for me to have a different name, you can do so in the settings menu.* [SAI]

"Ah, hello SAI. How do I get into Land of The Exiled?" (Carmen)

*Land of The Exiled is currently disabled* [SAI]

"EHH!? Why?" (Carmen)

*User Equilibrium has yet to read the 'Intro Message'* [SAI]

"Where's this 'Intro Message' thing?" (Carmen)

Without saying anything else, a prompt popped up onto the screen.

*Open 'Intro Message' ->[Yes]<- ->[No]<-*

Raising his hand once more, Carmen tapped on the 'Yes' option. And with that Carmen's vision turned black, followed by a feeling of falling.

0