The Beginning 3/3
23 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Opening my eyes was the start of it all. As if my eyelids were the only barrier holding me back, all my thoughts were splattered across this bland dimension of nothing.

Things started coming into existence--space, energy, matter, stars, planets, moons, galaxies, black holes, and gods.

Out of all my creations, the thing I was most proud of was the gods. The gods were a part of a desire for companionship, and I managed to achieve such a goal. The gods idolized, although it was not what I had intended, I could not find it within myself to destroy my creations.

The gods, although quirky and enigmatic in their own ways, all strive to create. When asked why they wanted to create, they all responded with a simple, "we wish to be like you Father." This notion had confused me, for I had already created everything, there was no more to be made. Although this was true, I did not wish to destroy my children's' aspirations.

Things slowly progressed, the gods that I had made, started creating things to my chagrin. Using the things that I had made, they managed to create other things, things like magic, alchemy, plants, and life.

A relatively wise god, one who chose to remain unnamed and without appearance, created beings he called 'humans.' One named Adam and the other, Eve. He had set up a comedic challenge for these so-called 'humans,' a challenge to not eat an apple, a creation by another god, in a tree, a creation by another god, with, you guessed it, another creation from another god, a 'snake.'

The apple held two of my creations, good and evil. If the two 'humans' were to consume this apple they would be given knowledge of good and evil starting a spiral of chaos. The sneaky thing was that the god had given a small amount of evil to the snake and to Eve, while Adam received a portion of good.

The snake being evil convinced Eve into eating the apple, even though explicitly told not to, and shared it with Adam. The god asked Adam to choose between him and Eden, where this whole ordeal takes place, or Eve. Adam chose Eve because of his good and love for Eve. "Outraged" the god banishes Adam and Eve into a forest and destroys the tree, from which Adam carves a staff.

The whole situation was a curious event and I had given my praise to the god for his idea. Seemingly satisfied, the god made one last thing; Heaven. A place of peace and tranquility, free from desire and other feelings brought about by evil. No longer wishing for anything else, leaving his creations to wander about by themselves, the god went to sleep.

The other gods were busy with their own things. Some were sleeping, others were reorganizing my creations, and another decided to create a realm; following in the footsteps of the other god. This peculiar fellow had named himself, Satan. He was mischievous and rebellious, hence why he changed his name from Lucifer.

Such a choice did not bother me, as I had given my creations free rein to do whatever they desired. This fellow, Lucif- Satan, made a realm called Hell. A land that embraced my creation of evil. The place had no real form, merely a construct of energy that imprisoned souls, a creation from the previous fellow. The place was designed to torture a soul using its own fears, quite creative if I do say so myself.

Once Satan was done, he asked for my thoughts.

"Oh, Father, does this humble vision of mine suit your tastes?" (Satan)

"You know I love all things, Satan. I'm most impressed with this ingenious creation." (---)

"Thank you, Father. This humble one will stay here for now, for I am satisfied with this realm." (Satan)

"Feel free to do what you want, I will not bar you from your whims." (---)

Although I was proud, I really wish they would stop referring me to as Father. My wish is to only have companionship with, not a dominion over my creations.

Moving on, I noticed more and more gods started joining in on Eden; changing, adding, taking, and residing there. They had started to establish things called 'Religions.' The concept behind these 'Religions' was quite grand, having people worship you was a wish that I had no want for.

The others, though, seemed to revel in this worship. From my observations, I noticed that the gods would get a little stronger every time the god of Edens' creations started to truly believe in them. After further investigation, I found out that this was a product of a god that had figured out a way to convert belief into a source of power through the system of Magic created by another god.

This Magic was quite wondrous for the weaker gods, the ones that I had created last that hadn't gotten much of my powers.

Eventually, feeling left out, Satan and the god of Eden, now referred to as 'Earth' by the Humans, got involved in this religion thing. The god of Earth decided to rewind the time of his creation to get a headstart over the other gods. Which, as one might assume, made them a little upset.

Now, with the most prominent religion 'Light,' the god of Earth went back to sleep in Heaven. Meanwhile, Satan had decided to play an active role in his religion. Things like sacrifice and tributes, allowed for his believers to temporarily use a portion of his power. Which I thought was a good way to get believers.

The other gods weren't very prominent, as one might expect, due to Satan and the god of Earth using evil and good for themselves, respectively. Unable to do much to assist them, I compromised and created a plane for two groups of gods, I made the Western Pantheon and the Eastern palace.

The Western Pantheon was something I made using the Tree of Knowledge that the god of Earth had "destroyed." I had asked him if I could keep it as a memento, and he had been quite happy to give it to me. The tree was turned into an all-encompassing World Tree that would house the realms for the gods in the Western Pantheon. It wasn't much in my opinion, but the others seemed to love it seeing as they had poured praise on me.

The Eastern Palace was a place quite similar to Heaven. The key difference lies in the ability I bestowed upon the resident gods to cultivate, thus increasing their powers and abilities. The Palace was not a palace in appearance, but a land of rich energy and curious formations. There were floating islands, massive volcanoes, vast oceans, towering pagodas, and places to achieve tranquility. The residents were very happy with this creation and also wished for me to make it possible for their believer to ascend to the realm of the Eastern Palace. Seeing no reason to not do so, I allowed for passage between Earth and the Eastern Palace. Although, for a human to get there, they will have to invest untold dedication toward tempering their own mind to get access to the realm.

After a while of inactivity, I had taken notice that the humans had progressed. Forming 'society' and 'law' they began to establish themselves through wars and teamwork. Reaching the same status of the Elder Dragons, which were the children brought about by the union of two gods.

All was well, so I had decided it was time to move on and make even more things. With a final goodbye and some fierce protest from some of the gods, I opened the door to another plane of existence.

0