Essentially A Slave
25 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With a grand flash of light and the relaxing sound of wind chimes, Carmen began his journey into the Land of Exiles.

Opening his eyes Carmen looked around. His surroundings consisted of trees, trees, and more trees. Obviously confused, Carmen rubbed his eyes in disbelief.

"It would seem that there has been a mistake..." (Carmen)

"There has been no mistake." (---)

"Ah!? You're still here?" (Carmen)

"I have always been here, I am an ever-present being." (---)

"Something like an Admin?" (Carmen)

"As in administrator? If so, then I guess that works." (---)

"So Sir Admin, what might you be following me around for?" (Carmen)

"Maintaining balance." (---)

"What do you mean by balance, I thought this was a game of freedom?" (Carmen)

"That it is, but at the moment your freedoms will be confined." (---)

"Confined? Where am I confined to exactly?" (Carmen)

"At the moment you will be restricted to stay within a radius of 1-mile from the spot you are standing at." (---)

"Eh!? That's quite absurd don't you think Mr. Admin." (Carmen)

"You wouldn't be in this situation if you had just picked a normal race." (---)

"I technically picked a normal race Mr. Admin..." (Carmen)

"An Undead may be a normal race, but you shouldn't be able to create a Grim Reaper." (---)

"Now why shouldn't I have?" (Carmen)

"Because that is one of the five Unique races." (---)

"That's where my confusion comes in, why is a Grim Reaper only Unique? Shouldn't it be at least Legendary or something?" (Carmen)

"The Grim Reapers are only Unique because their abilities are significantly weakened for it to be safe for other Users." (---)

"Careful now, you seem to have broken character. Seeing as the deed is already done, there's not much you can do to change what has already happened." (Carmen)

"User [Equilibrium] is currently under analysis for whether or not your character will be allowed." (---)

"Eh!? You're taking my Grim Reaper away?" (Carmen)

"Yes, it is the best solution to the current issue that does not prevent the User from playing." (---)

"If that's the case just send me back to character creation." (Carmen)

"We appreciate your understanding." (---)

"Yeah, whatever." (Carmen)

"When you have made your choice please select one of the available races: Human, Elf, Dwarf, Orc, or Undead." (---)

Thinking back to all of his knowledge from reading novels and the mythical beasts and such, Carmen began planning out his next masterpiece. When he broke it down it seemed quite simple; there isn't much one can do with humans. The same applies to Elves, Orcs, and Dwarves. So, his main point of focus would be what he'd be able to create through the Undead race.

After thinking intensively for about a minute, Carmen decided what he'd choose.

"Make the character Undead, then increase the height to 7 feet tall. Ah, also remove all of the fleshy bits, make it into a skeleton." (Carmen)

"Good choice, a relatively normal undead. Will that be all?" (---)

"Nope, I still have to clarify what we are looking at right now." (Carmen)

"What would there be to clarify?" (---)

"Something that will guarantee that I have the best experience possible, obviously. This 'skeleton' is actually a Gashadokuro." (Carmen)

The Admin's eyes turned a shade darker as he opened up a browser so he could look for what a Gashadokuro is. A couple of seconds later the Admin returned to 'reality' and looked in shock.

"There's no way this will be allowed..." (---)

"I don't see why it wouldn't be." (Carmen)

"Well for one, it is immortal. While it does have the possibility of dying, it feeds off of others' blood to replenish itself. Also, it remains due to it being sustained by malice." (---)

"I don't see any problems with that." (Carmen)

"Don't forget that it basically has the most overpowered stealth ability, being that it cannot be sensed or seen until it is right next to you." (---)

"Oh really! I didn't know that. I almost got the short end of the stick with a tall and immortal skeleton. Anyways get on with it, I wanna play now." (Carmen)

As Carmen said that the Admin seemingly logged out. A couple of seconds later Carmen received a notification from SAI.

*Due to unforeseen circumstances, User Equilibrium will be unable to play. Land of the Exiled will be playable after VR Projekt Staff have reached a conclusion on: Gashadokuro Character Creation.* [SAI]

"That's mighty Unfortunate." (Carmen)

*While User Equilibrium waits, all races have become available to browse and customize.* [SAI]

"Ooo, time to make some cool Elder Dragons I guess." (Carmen)

After messing around with the character creation for roughly two hours the Admin came back, albeit with a slightly dejected expression.

"What seems to have you in the dumps 'Addy'?" (Carmen)

"User Equilibrium's request for the Undead race Gashadokuro has been approved." (---)

"Nice saves me some trouble of actually trying to become unique." (Carmen)

"Not so fast. Some restrictions will be applied to the race Gashadokuro; inability to wield (bladed) weapons, inability to equip armor, inability to receive buffs, User will be unable to join other User's Party, crafting skills limited to a max of level 5, and in the unlikely case of death the character will be terminated." (---)

"That's not so bad." (Carmen)

"In addition to the restrictions stated, Gashadokuro will be required to participate in all Events specified by the Event Team in VR Projekt." (---)

"Eh!? That's forced labor, you can't do that." (Carmen)

"If that is how User Equilibrium feels, the deletion of the Gashadokuro race is the alternate option." (---)

"In that case, what do I do if I'm Offline when I have to be in an Event?" (Carmen)

"All Events with Gashadokuro will be short Events, conducted only when User Equilibrium is available." (---)

"In that case couldn't I just say I'm busy?" (Carmen"

"An investigation will be conducted if we become suspicious of any dereliction of duty." (---)

"So essentially I just have to do what I'm told when I'm told?" (Carmen)

"Correct." (---)

"Well, there's not much I can do to argue with these terms. Alright, let us get this show on the road!" (Carmen)

"User Equilibrium is required to sign this contract before continuing." (---)

Following that, a contract with an extensive amount of terms written on it appeared and floated over to Carmen. Taking a brief glance through the contract, Carmen eventually signed and tossed it over to Addy. With a grin, the Admin received the contract, following which, the contract disappeared into particles of light above his hand.

"The contract is signed. User Equilibrium, we welcome you to the Land of Exiled." (---)

0