The Journey Begins
24 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Following the disappearance of the contract and the Admin's words, Carmen was sent to a starting village. The starting village was one for those of the undead race. Going by the name of Nightborough, it was an extremely bland village with only the bare necessities; humble shacks, quest board, an eerie well, and a slightly better shack which was presumably the home of the Village Head.

"It would seem that I have arrived quite late." (Carmen)

Looking around, Carmen noticed at least three players at or above level 3. There were players all around him that had gear already and looked as if they were about to head out to get more. The funny thing was that there was an incredible amount of people who went with the default 'zombie' Undead, with the very rare sighting of a skeleton in the mix.

Taking his last tourist-like glance at the surroundings, Carmen began marching off to the forest that surrounded the village. What Carmen did not notice was the Party-of-four that trailed after him. Another thing that Carmen did not notice was that most of the players surrounding him when he got to the village were looking at him. Not because of his bony appearance, but because of the staggering seven feet tall height.

With the height of his character, Carmen towered over all of the surrounding level 1 monsters. Another funny thing was that when Carmen stepped on a level 1 Feral Squirrel it died almost instantly. Taking such a handy piece of data into consideration, Carmen advanced through the forest without a care in the world.

After marching his way through the forest for about six minutes, Carmen found his first level 2 enemy; level 2 Wounded Wolf. The Wounded Wolf was, as one might expect, wounded. With the injury, the wolf was quite slow, it hobbled along.

Getting into a sprint start position, Carmen readied himself for his charge. Looking at the ground Carmen psyched himself up for his first real fight in LOTE. After fully hyping himself up Carmen looked towards the wolf. Digging his bony toes into the soft soil beneath him, Carmen shot himself forward. Running toward the wolf, Carmen waited to get within range and then jumped.

Soaring through the air in majesty Carmen raised his feet as if he was about to cannonball into a pool. In one fluid motion Carmen stomped on the back of the Wounded Wolf with as much force as he could muster. Following this action, Carmen felt a crisp popping sensation through his feet, adding onto this was a sickening yelp from the wolf.

After his heavy stomp, Carmen lightly hopped off of the wolf. With a grin, Carmen searched around for any drops.

"Oi, you aren't going to find anything." (???)

"Eh, why's that?" (Carmen)

"Mobs don't drop items until level 5, only Copper Coins and exp." (???)

"Thank you, kind citizen you saved me a whole lot of hassle. So where do I get weapons?" (Carmen)

"Items have to be bought from the NPC shops, at least until level 5." (???)

"Seriously? That's kinda dumb." (Carmen)

"Yeah, but it stops players from fighting over equipment drops in the beginning stages." (???)

"Good point. So, how do you happen upon me, sir?" (Carmen)

"Followed you from the village." (???)

"Nice that you're honest. Why'd you do that though?" (Carmen)

"Curiosity and because of the skill that I've just witnessed." (???)

"Eh, what skill? All I did was jump on it." (Carmen)

"Well for one, most people would probably get into a fistfight with the wolf or hit it with a stick. I don't think too many people would do what you did." (???)

"True, but how does that get translated into skill instead of dumb luck?" (Carmen)

"Intuition." (???)

"Ok. So what do you want?" (Carmen)

"Join my party, we're trying to reach level 10 within the next day-or-so. We could use your help in regards to tanking, your size will be quite handy." (???)

"I appreciate the offer, but I am unable to join a party." (Carmen)

The stranger seemed to get a little irked from that statement.

"Why?" (???)

"I've set a personal challenge for myself." (Carmen)

"And what might that be?" (???)

After a brief silence, a grin began creeping its way onto Carmen's face. Straightening his back and grinning, as much as a skeleton could do anyways, Carmen chuckled and spoke an outrageous thought.

"Solo everything in the game." (Carmen)

Carmen looked at the fellow across from him, pitying this feeble-minded mortal he shook his head and tapped his shoulder as he walked past. Seemingly confused at the revelation, the fellow stared blankly as if he was looking at an idiot. No, it'd be more right to say that he was looking at an idiot, considering the statement he had just heard.

Glancing back at the fool who had just walked past him, [Gboy225] started to laugh along with his other friends. Shaking his head in an almost identical manner to Carmen, he walked away as well.

"I guess I should go a bit deeper. You only live once, time to power level and get a divine grade piece of equipment that I can use." (Carmen)

Getting back into his sprinter stance Carmen prepared himself for the massacre that he would get to witness as well as partake in. With a little shake of his butt, Carmen bolted off through the forest. Any mob that he saw in his path was charged straight through, killing most of them instantly.

Roughly half-an-hour later, Carmen retraced his path of destruction and picked up all the coins that dropped from the various leveled mobs. After collecting all of the coins Carmen had 57 Copper, thinking that this was enough he returned to the village. Or he tried to, looking around Carmen saw no familiar sights, except for dead wolves and other animals. Looking around once more Carmen decided on a plan.

"No choice but to leave it up to fate I guess." (Carmen)

With those words, Carmen grabbed a stick on the forest floor, studied it for a couple of seconds before twirling it around in his fingers. After casually doing a trick that most people are unable to do, Carmen stabbed one end of the stick into the ground. Inhaling deeply, Carmen resigned himself to fate and let go of the stick. After letting the stick sit stationary partially in the ground Carmen did some light stretching before spinning and kicking the stick off into the forest.

With a grin, Carmen began searching for the stick. When he found the stick he looked in the direction it was pointing and began walking.

0