All In A Day’s Work
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Initially [Tungsten Drop] had been mentally against hiring this skeleton, But as he watched him wrestle with the beast he became convinced of the little miss's judgment. This fellow, despite only being level 3, was going toe-to-toe with a Half-God that they had been trying to kill for the past hour.

Through this ordeal, he had lost two levels and several pieces of equipment. Luckily though, his connections in real life had played a substantial role in keeping him geared at a lower cost. If it weren't for the little miss's adamant protesting against outside help he would have already killed this and gotten to level 8. Sadly, he had no sway in what the little miss chose to do, the only person who was able to do so was #3 who was basically incompetent.

Meanwhile, Carmen had decided it was time to make a strategic last push. Grabbing firmly onto Moder's "antlers" he pulled as hard as he could in one direction. In an almost comedic manner, Moder was toppled over on the ground.

Taking labored breaths Moder struggled to get back to its hooves so it could run away from this detestable skeleton. To its utter dismay, it could not find any strength within its godly body, almost as if it was being suppressed by the heavens. The look in its eyes became crazed and Moder released a deafening wail.

Covering his ears Carmen stomped towards Moder and kicked it in the head.

"Oi, shut up already. You're going to damage this master's hearing." (Carmen)

As if kicking it wasn't enough, Carmen began to punch and smack at its head. Taking a moment to collect himself Carmen took a couple steps back and observed the Half-God in quite possibly the worst state that it had ever been in.

Seemingly becoming impatient with how long this was dragging on for, Audrey released her frustration at the situation.

"Are you done yet? If so, you're coming with us, I have a contract for you to sign." (???)

"Shut up brat, can't you see that this glorious master is trying to tame the gods?" (Carmen)

"Preposterous, you low-class scoundrel. You have no right to speak to me in such a way!" (???)

"As opposed to a high-class scoundrel? Little lady, I have no obligation to suck up to you. I am a free spirit and nothing will tie me down." (Carmen)

"We'll see-" (???)

"King! Your father has given us strict instructions to assist in correcting your behavior. Out of the kindness of your heart, please pardon this man for not understanding the crimes he has committed against you." (Tungsten Drop)

"Hmph, I guess I'll allow it just this once." (King)

"Thank you, madam." (Tungsten Drop)

"Oi, I think that you're neglecting some key information here; I don't give a fuck about this 'little miss.' Don't pretend that you're doing some kind of favor for me, I do not need pity from someone like you." (Carmen)

Carmen, being the dense and opinionated person he is, decided to rebuke [Tungsten Drop] for his generosity. While it was a nice gesture of kindness on behalf of [Tungsten Drop], Carmen had no plans to be the weak-minded fellow he was in real life. Carmen had decided that he would follow all of his whims and desires, so long as they were reasonable, which is what got him in the situation of trying to tame Moder.

"Quite the ungrateful lad, isn't he?" (Frontal Assault)

"Indeed." (Tungsten Drop)

"Should I 'add-him.'" (Number Three)

"If this is how he's going to act, then there is no possibility for cooperation. Add him to 'the list.'" (Frontal Assault)

"Uhm, what's his name?" (Number Three)

"You can't see it either?" (Frontal Assault)

"Nope, what about you Tungsten?" (Number Three)

"Most I've received is his level, everything else is in question marks." (Tungsten Drop)

"Should I just put a couple of question marks? Surely we won't find any more people that we can't inspect." (Number Three)

"It'll do for now. Once we establish ourselves in this game it'll be fairly easy to find this fellow." (Tungsten Drop)

"Got it Boss-man." (Number Three)

While they were having their conversation, Carmen had resumed beating on Moder, all-the-while saying slurs and goading him to become his mount. At one point Carmen had taken out a pelt from one of the beasts he had killed on his way here and tried to use it as makeshift reins. Obviously, such an idea was not successful and Carmen ended up wasting a material he could sell for a little extra copper in a village or city.

Suddenly, Carmen came up with an immensely genius idea; just ask Mr. Admin. Looking around at the surroundings and at the sky, Carmen called out.

"Hey Addy, can you give me a little help with a small task of mine?" (Carmen)

In no surprising way, the Admin did not appear, nor did he whisper something into Carmen's mind like an ancient cultivator. Instead, Carmen received an extremely lackluster message in his inbox. Opening the message Carmen was a little incensed that he couldn't show off his connections in front of this spoiled brat.

*Message From: Supervisor #1
What seems to be the issue?
*

"Eh, that's totally not a cool way to make an appearance in this master's darkest time." (Carmen)

*Message From: Supervisor #1
I don't care, not in my job description.
*

"Well, then there's not much I can do I guess. Anyways, how do you tame stuff?" (Carmen)

*Message From: Supervisor #1
Make an offering, settle on some terms, have it submit to you. All of those work.
*

"Ehhh, then why hasn't Moder submitted to me yet?" (Carmen)

*Message From: Supervisor #1
He is of a higher status race-wise. The pride of that beast is too high for you to tame it, even if your race is considered to be at the Legendary rank.
*

"Then I guess I'll go with a different option. Hey Moder..." (Carmen)

Hearing the detestable skeleton talking to itself, Moder became worried about its future prospects. It did not want to submit to this low-breed as his pride would simply not allow it. Even though that is how it thought, that did not mean it wasn't still afraid of this monstrous skeleton.

"Moder become my mount, in return, I will allow you to live. In addition, I will help you search for a suitable mate." (Carmen)

Seemingly confused at the change of pace, Moder did not respond.

"I'll give you ten seconds to figure out your decision. If you don't choose wisely, you'll know the consequences." (Carmen)

With a heavy shudder, Moder gave in to its desire for procreation and decided to go along with the whims of this detestable being. As if acknowledging Moder's will, a spark of light came shooting out of its chest, hovering in front of Carmen. With a toothy grin, as much as he could manage as a skeleton, Carmen reached out and grasped the spark.

*Congratulations User [Equilibrium]; you have tamed the Half-God Moder, son of the Norse God Loki.
*

*Congratulations User [Equilibrium]: you have become the first to tame a being of Legendary and above origins.

Would you like to have your achievement announced? ->[Yes]<-->No<-
*

*Region-wide Announcement: player [???] has become the first to tame a being of Legendary, or greater, origin.

Awarding 1000 Reputation with all beings inhabiting the Undead Lands.
*

*Countrywide Announcement: player [???] has become the first to tame a being of Legendary, or greater, origin.

Awarding 1000 Reputation with all beings inhabiting the Undead Lands.
*

*Worldwide Announcement: player [???] has become the first to tame a being of Legendary, or greater, origin.

Awarding 1000 Reputation with all being inhabiting the Undead Lands.
*

0