Exchange
19 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After his successful taming, Carmen smacked Moder in the back of its head.

"Do something useful, kill those brats." (Carmen)

Moder reluctantly stood up and hopped its way over to the party. In preparation for the impact, [Frontal Assault] and [Number Three] pushed on [Tungsten Drop]'s back. With his party's assistance, [Tungsten Drop] managed to fend off the beast's charge. Unfortunately, Moder was not aiming to clash head-on with the shield. In a smooth motion, Moder slid around their defense and sent [King] flying in a manner similar to what had happened to Carmen.

Once [King] was out of the battle, Moder stabbed an antler into [Frontal Assault] as he was the slowest in turning around. In a matter of three seconds, half of their party had been killed. After getting two successful kills, Moder's disdain his master increased. A master that made a wounded and dejected being, such as itself, deal with trash such as them was unworthy of controlling it.

Carmen who was watching from the side finally decided to act around this time as well, although for a different reason entirely. Carmen skipped his way towards the items that had dropped from [King] and [Frontal Assault], placing them into his almost full inventory. With a chuckle akin to a child opening presents on their birthday, Carmen yelled over to Moder.

"Moder, you seem to think that your strikes are effective. This one here is still alive." (Carmen)

Leaning up against a tree several yards away from where she was standing when the battle began, was [King]. She was battered and bruised with blood dripping from her seven orifices. As Carmen looked down on her with his towering-height, she seemed to be as indignant as ever when looking at Carmen.

"You were quite high-and-mighty not too long ago, ain't that right little brat." (Carmen)

"Stay back, scum. If you value your life, you'll let me live." (King)

Carmen might have considered such a statement if she had been more assertive when saying so. Sadly, [King] seemed to be afraid and had tried backing herself away from Carmen who knelled to get to eye-level with her.

"One who knows not their limits will writhe in suffering for eternity." (Carmen)

"What? Explain yourself, scum!" (King)

"The victor need not explain... If you've lost, you should not be here to explain." (Carmen)

With those words, Carmen grabbed [King] by her neck as he rose from his kneeling posture. [King] desperately clawed and punched at Carmen's hand but to her utter shock, a pop-up coalesced into her eyes that filled her with dread.

*Immortal Object*

[King] lost all strength in her body as she was looking at the pop-up. Questions were spinning around in her mind, stirring up gales of doubt, fear, anxiety, self-loathing, and hatred. In the entirety of her life, she had never been on the losing-end of matters. Now, however, she was relegated to being strung-up by her neck in the hands of this scum. To make matters worse, she would never be able to have revenge because of one key issue; her enemy was immortal.

Noticing her will weakening, Carmen shook her around by the neck before becoming bored. With a sigh and a crisp cracking sound followed by the sound of a body hitting the forest floor, Carmen walked toward the site of the initial confrontation. Of course, not until after he had picked up the item that [King] had dropped.

While Carmen was dealing with [King], Moder had killed [Number Three] and pinned [Tungsten Drop] under his shield that Moder was standing on. In Carmen's eyes, this was a very convenient situation. Walking over to [Tungsten Drop], Carmen knelled down next to him in the same way he did for [King] not too long ago.

"How goes it, my dear sir." (Carmen0

"Cut the bullshit. We both know this was only going to ever end in two ways. We just didn't have the strength to choose which direction was chosen." (Tungsten Drop)

"Oh my, quite the prideful man you are. Did you get to witness the state of the brat before death?" (Carmen)

"You better not have done something you'll regret." (Tungsten Drop)

"I am a free spirit, I regret nothing I have done of my own will. You, on the other hand, will regret having met me. As for that little brat, she'll forever be tainted." (Carmen)

"What have you done! You monster, how could you do such a thing!" (Tungsten Drop)

"You have your way, I have mine. As for the right way, the correct way, or the only way, such a thing does not exist." (Carmen)

As if getting tired of this dialogue, Moder stomped down on [Tungsten Drop]'s shield, killing him in the process. With its head held high, Moder went off to the side and sat down matter-of-factly. With a glare of annoyance, Carmen tossed the shield off of [Tungsten Drop]'s body. In LOTE, bodies stayed around after death. This occurred because of the spell Revive, which would summon the dead's soul to reclaim its body.

Pushing [Tungsten Drop]'s body away, Carmen grabbed the ring that was dropped.

*
-> Ring of Holding <-

Item Type: Accessory

Use: Grants wearer 5 extra inventory slots.

Description: A ring forged by an unknown mortal craftsman, etched onto the surface are the words, 'To lie is a condition of life.'
*

"This should be quite valuable, is it not?" (Carmen)

*Message From: Supervisor #1
Give me the ring.
*

"Eh, why?" (Carmen)

*Message From: Supervisor #1
Someone got that too early, and we have to collect it. Though, we didn't because it was in that fellow's hands.
*

"So now that I have it you're going to snatch it from me, and cut off my profits. No thank you." (Carmen)

*Message From: Supervisor #1
You can't even use it.
*

"That may be true, but! I can still sell it for some extra coin." (Carmen)

*Message From: Supervisor #1
We'll give you an item in exchange.
*

"What are you gonna give me?" (Carmen)

*Message From: Supervisor #1
We can give you a weapon for you to use until level 10.
*

"Eh?! So cheap, at least give me something that I can't get myself." (Carmen)

*Message From: Supervisor #1
All weapons you can use at this stage of the game are low in quality and will break. We have a hammer that has infinite durability. Deal?
*

"You better not scam me." (Carmen)

And with that came a flash of light as the ring vanished from atop his hand, replacing it was a large hammer.

0