What A Scam!
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Looking down at the nondescript hammer in his hand, Carmen was a little bummed. In essence, the sledgehammer he was holding wasn't very flashy. It was the most generic thing he had seen since entering the world of LOTE.

As Carmen was getting progressively depressed about such a bland weapon, he remembered. Opening the system interface he selected his inventory.

*Use Item: Weapon of Evil
->[Yes]<-->No<-
*

Following his selection, the sledgehammer released eerie black smoke and slowly began changing. Unable to hold his excitement, Carmen began jumping around like a child high on a sugar rush. Eventually, the sledgehammer stopped releasing smoke and Carmen was greeted with a new sight. The once dull sledgehammer became the new-and-improved, slightly darker, Demonic Sledgehammer.

Seeing its new 'properties' Carmen's excitement dived into the Mariana Trench.

*Item Type: Blunt Two-Handed Hammer

Use: Blunt Damage

Description: A very generic hammer. Imbued with the spell Unbreaking, it is surely the most reliable on the battlefield and while at work. Because the user has the item: Weapon of Evil, it has taken on a devilish hue of gray and black.
*

Unsurprisingly, Carmen was not happy with this development. Sadly, there was nothing he could do. Carmen will have to suffer using a bland weapon until level 10, and hopefully, by then he'll have found a magnificent weapon befitting of his noble status.

Looking off to the side, Carmen locked sight with Moder. Moder, as if sensing his master's grief, began to slowly back away.

"Oi, Moder. Come here so this master can release his frustration." (Carmen)

Taking the chance while it had one, Moder bounded off further into the forest. Carmen watched in disbelief as Moder vanished from sight. Feeling rage show its ugly head, Carmen yelled out.

"You lowly beast, you dare run from your master!" (Carmen)

*Due to harsh treatment from User [Equilibrium], tamed beast [Moder] has canceled the contract.
*

Dumbfounded, Carmen stared at the notification. But not too long after, another notification popped up.

*Region-wide Announcement: player [???] has become the first to enrage a tamed being of Legendary, or greater, origin.

Awarding 1000 Reputation with all beings inhabiting the Undead Lands.
*

*Countrywide Announcement: player [???] has become the first to enrage a tamed being of Legendary, or greater, origin.

Awarding 1000 Reputation with all beings inhabiting the Undead Lands.
*

*Worldwide Announcement: player [???] has become the first to enrage a tamed being of Legendary, or greater, origin.

Awarding 1000 Reputation with all beings inhabiting the Undead Lands.
*

"What the fuck is this bullshit?!" (Carmen)

*Message From: Supervisor #1
Your favorability got too low, thus the current situation.
*

"How was I supposed to know that!" (Carmen)

*Message From: Supervisor #1
If you checked the Taming tab in the interface, you would have known that your favorability was extremely low.
*

"What a scam. Give me a new mount you useless supervisor." (Carmen)

*Message From: Supervisor #1
Can't. Go find one on your own.
*

"A least give me a direction!" (Carmen)

As Carmen finished, a spark of light hovered in front of him. Carmen reached for it, hoping it would be a map or something along those lines. As if two magnets of the same polarity, Carmen's hand, and the spark recoiled away from each other. After a couple of seconds, the spark moved in a direction behind him. Carmen followed until it stopped, turned into an arrow and pointed off into the forest.

With a sigh, Carmen grabbed the item that [Number Three] dropped and walked off in the direction of the arrow.

...

After respawning in the village, [King] screamed trying to release her frustrations. The surrounding players looked at this seemingly psychotic girl and continued on their way.

"Little miss! Are you okay?" (Frontal Assault)

{Frontal Assault] came running the moment he heard her scream. Assuming that the Little Miss was the first to die, [Frontal Assault] had stayed around to search for her. Unfortunately, after roaming around the respawn point, he saw no sight of the Little Miss.

"I'm fine! Get #1 and 3 here right now." (King)

"Yes Madam! Right away." (Frontal Assault)

Opening the interface [Frontal Assault] started typing. Not even five seconds after he started typing, [Number Three] showed up with a gloomy face.

"Agh! It's not fair, how do they expect someone to beat that thing!" (Number Three)

Looking around, [Number Three] spotted [King] and [Frontal Assault]. Running over to them he began complaining. Meanwhile, [King] was fuming as she awaited the arrival of [Tungsten Drop]. She kept radiating an odd sensation, a feeling that she was angry and calm at the same time. In her mind, she was thinking of ways she could potentially deal with an immortal being.

After a couple of tens of seconds, [Tungsten Drop] showed up at the respawn point. He had his arms crossed and his eyes shut in contemplation. Although outwardly he appeared calm, internally raging hellfire tempered his mind as he cursed the detestable skeleton.

Looking up after sensing multiple stares directed to him, he noticed that the Little Miss appeared fine. His face went from one of contemplation to one of worry as he walked toward his party members.

"Is everything alright, Madam?" (Tungsten Drop)

"I'm fine... #1, you said that you know some people in-game, right?" (King)

"Yes, we can even form a 30-man raid team if you should need it." (Tungsten Drop)

"Good. Call them for me, tell them that I'm recruiting for our future guild and have them scout some prospective members." (King)

"Right away! It'll take only a moment." (Tungsten Drop)

With the Little Miss's permission, [Tungsten Drop] began messaging all of his contacts. While he had said a 30-man raid team was possible, if the Little Miss requested more people, he could get close to 150 within a matter of a few hours. The scariest thing about all of this was that all of the people [Tungsten Drop] messaged was level 7 or higher. These people when put on a level-leaderboard, would all be in the top 50 in the Undead Empire.

Off to the side, [King] wasn't very happy. When she started playing, she had decided that she would rely only on herself and her bodyguards to advance through this game. But not even ten hours into her first session, she was calling upon outside assistance. This had been the main reason for her anger, if not for her overwhelming defeat, she would have at most had some people go kill that skeleton. Now, things were personal.

Meanwhile, Carmen had been walking in what felt like no-particular-direction-at-all. While he had seen the occasional animal, nothing quite caught his eye as Moder had. With a sad rhythm to his step, Carmen pushed on in hopes of a brighter future.

0