Adventure’s log -4.2
165 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Tref was having a great dream about Balagour showing him some fancy fire magic but was woken up by the loud shouting, “EVERYONE ARM YOURSELVES” Tref woke up disorientated but quickly grabbed his shortsword and ran in the direction of the shouting, there he saw a squadron of goblins with a hobgoblin as their leader. The sound of swords clashing could be heard as Rimmel fought back against the hobgoblin.

Tref saw Rimmel getting pushed back by the ugly blue creature and shouted “You’ve got this Rimmel, show that goblin who’s boss!” but as he shouted a goblin suddenly appeared before him, the goblin was of a green variety, the goblin’s club was covered in what appeared to be dried out blood though Tref couldn’t tell for sure. A ‘shing’ could be heard as Tref drew out his shortsword, Tref gripped the sword with both of his hands, ‘I can do this right? I can kill a goblin, I've killed one before so I can kill one now’ Tref was trying to put on a brave front but on the inside he was shaking, the goblin swung down his club at the young half elf, Tref narrowly avoided the attack by jumping back.

‘Come on Tref you can do this, you can kill this thing’ although visibly shaking from the last attack the young half elf had a look of determination in his eyes, he gripped his shortsword tightly and swung at the goblin, the goblin stepped backwards and counterattacked by hitting Tref in the stomach, this left the half elf visibly winded and the goblin took the opportunity to swing his club down at Tref, Tref was hit in the back and promptly fell to the floor.

‘I-i can’t do this, I can’t! I need to run I need to run’ the determination that was in his eyes mere moments ago had all but vanished and was replaced by a fearful expression, just as Tref was starting to think that everything would be over Malabo appeared and chanted ‘entangle’, the goblin was slowly being entangled by thick wooden roots, Malabo stared at the goblin is disgust and tightened the roots around the creatures neck “Greee gree Gree-” the goblins neck was snapped and the roots gradually dissipated. 

“Tref, are you okay??” Malabo hugged Tref tightly trying to comfort the young half elf, “y-yeah” was all the half elf could say, ‘I could have died then, I could have seriously died, if not for Malabo I would have…’ Tref hugged Malabo tightly, she patted Tref lightly on the head and said “all will be okay".

The moment was interrupted when Rimmel shouted “A little help here please, you can have your moment later but please help me!” Rimmel was being pushed back by the hobgoblin, all he could do was parry the creatures attacks and hope to counterattack, “Kreeeeee!” the hobgoblin screamed in excitement, its eyes locked onto Rimmel, Rimmel was clearly outmatched by this evolved goblin. 

“Tref I’m going to need your help, Although I can entangle the goblins and kill them, it would use way too much mana so I need you to  kill them, can you do that?” Tref although still shaken from his earlier experience nodded , ‘entangle’ two goblins were quickly entangled by thick tree like roots, Tref who was slightly shaking  once again gripped the shortsword and pierced into the first goblins throat, “GREE GREE GREEE!” the second goblin panicked after witnessing such a site however Tref quickly ripped his swortsword out of the first goblin's throat and then plunged it into the second quickly silencing the monster. 

“Mala, I need some support over here!” Balagor was currently being attacked by arrows from two goblins, he was trying his best to deflect them with his large warhammer but he had still sustained some minor injuries, Malabo quickly located the goblin archers and proceeded to entangle them, “Tref finish them off!”

The shaken half elf ran up too the restrained goblins and once again stabbed right into them, green blood gushing out of them as he did, he had failed to deliver a swift blow to the second goblin archer “KREEEEE KREEE GREEEEEEEE!!” the goblin screamed out in pain but Tref stabbed the goblin again and again and again, until the goblin finally stopped screaming.

“Tref, TREF!” The young halfling now covered in goblin blood finally regained his senses and stopped the senseless stabbing , Tref looked on in horror at what he had done, the goblins face was now deformed, its body a mushy mess from all the stabbings. Malabo ran over to Tref and checked too make sure he was okay.

Rimmel was now no longer on the defensive, after the hobgoblin had seen what had happened to his comrades it had attempted to retreat however with Balagor now aiding him the hobgoblin stood no chance, Rimmel slashed downwards towards the creature and continued to press his advantage, he would swing downwards then horizontally, his slashes seemed more like a dance at this point, the hobgoblin attempted to evade them however with Balagor right behind him he had no place to retreat too.

“Hiyahhhh!” With one final thrust the hobgoblin was killed with a swift strike to the heart, the piercing blade being bloodied by the hobgoblin's remains. 

“Mala, how's the kid holding up?”

“Rimmel, He's a bit shaken up but he should be okay” Malabo said with a smile.

Balagor chimed in with “Mala,take the kid away from this mess, we’ll clean it up and gather the mana crystals, can you guys check on the  others?”

Malabo nodded and motioned for Tref to follow her.

5