Adventuer’s log -3
136 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Last night we were ambushed by goblins led by a hobgoblin (they were seriously disgusting!), I being the hero that I am ran in and killed every single last one of them…well I wish that was the case, in reality Malabo saved me from a goblin, she used some type of magic (I heard it was called spirit magic??) to entangle the goblin in wooden roots and then she squeezed the life out of it, that was scary too see.

If it wasn’t for Malabo I would have died at the hands of those monsters…just thinking about that moment makes me shake, I’ve thought about it several times and if Malabo hadn’t intervened I would have certainly died, I was hopeless in that situation…and that's why I've decided to start training with Rimmel! Even once we reach the capital he says that he’ll teach me the ropes of being an adventurer and teach me some cool tricks with a sword! (though I'm not exactly sure what type of tricks he’ll teach me…)

Balgour also showed me some more of his magic, he combined two spells together (or did he just use one spell…I’m not exactly sure) and a huge flame came out of his right palm and it hit one of the training dummies that were set up by Rimmel, It was awesome to watch! Only problem was that the other dummies also got set on fire…(me and Balgour really got chewed out by Rimmel for that ‘stunt’...)  

After the attack last night most people were okay if not slightly injured but the main merchant Elery, was hit by a stray goblin arrow…Balgour said that he bled out only a few minutes after the attack started, Rimmel was close friends with Elery, I mean that's why he’s currently guarding this trade caravan, Rimmel after he set up the dummies has mostly been keeping to himself or training me, I hope he'll be okay...when Malabo went up too speak with him earlier he asked too be left alone, …I really hope he’ll be okay, over the last day of getting to know him I’ve started to see him as a mentor (even if he is a strange one…)

We were going to head to the campsite today but everyone has agreed to mourn the loss of Elery, well almost everyone, Rimmel wanted to keep moving forward but Malabo,Balgour and the rest of the caravan wanted to stay in the woodlands for a day too regain there bearings (I mean it's probably for the best)

From that last encounter with those monsters I’ve ‘levelled up’ I feel slightly stronger than I was the day before, I wonder if I could take a single goblin on my own without the help of Malabo. Balgour explained what ‘Experience points’ were the other day (when he restrained a goblin and had me kill it) but I'm still confused as to who or what gives up experience points, I know we get them from killing monsters but are we absorbing the monsters essence or are we being rewarded by someone or something…Oh well I’ll ponder more on this later, while I could ask Balgour or Malabo I’d rather figure it out for myself!

While that ambush last night did leave me a bit shaken, I should be okay in a few days. I'm more motivated then ever to get stronger! I have too if I want to become a great adventure.

5