Adventurer log -3.3 (Sudden ambush)
55 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tref ran faster then he had ever ran before, he was so frustrated at Rimmel, why had he just ran away like that, he could have died if he wasn't of guard! Thoughts like these were circulating around Tref's mind, his anger and confusion growing more and more. "Tref wait up, let me explain!" Rimmel was running after Tref and although he could easily catch up he wanted the kid to slow down and listen on his own volition, "Kid slow down and let me explain!" Tref however was having none of this and just kept running, trying his best to ignore Rimmel. 

 

Tref eventually ran out of breath but Rimmel was still keeping his distance, "Kid, are you going to listen too me now?" "I'm not a kid Rimmel!" Tref was getting sick and tired of everyone calling him a kid, he was at an age where he could go out and explore the world on his own, he wasn't a kid anymore, 'why does he keep calling me a kid, just because I'm short?, I'm going to be an adventurer soon!' Tref was still inexperienced and had little clue about what the outside world was like. 

 

The white cat sighed "I'm sorry Tref,  I shouldn't call you a kid, your going to be an adventurer soon I get that but I've known you since you were a baby so it's hard to not call you that" Tref was taken aback but a question suddenly formed in his head 'wait he met me when I was a baby?' this was a first for Tref "Wait you've known me since I was a baby?" Rimmel looked at Tref  "Yeah I did, I've known your father for a very long time, much longer then you've been born and he's helped me all throughout my life so of course I wasn't going to miss your birth!"

 

Tref was taken slightly aback by this "How come I've never met you before then Rimmel...or Mr Rimmel even?" "Tref look I am an adventurer and my trade requires that I move around a lot so I haven't been able too visit the village or even your father often" Tref nodded

 

"But Tref we are getting off topic, you running deeper into the forest is reckless and dangerous, you should know that the deeper you enter into the Hathaway forest the more dangerous it gets!" Tref started looking at the ground "Sorr-" Rimmel wasn't finished speaking however "Not only does it get far more dangerous from the different species that appear but the number of monsters also increases!" Rimmel continued ranting at Tref, "I'M SORRY RIMMEL" Tref by this point was filled with shame, "Apology accepted, now lets get out of here while we still can"

 

Before Rimmel and Tref could leave however, small cute bunny looking creatures appeared all around them, they appeared from behind the trees,from under the ground and from the nearby greenery, Rimmel and Tref were both surrounded and heavily outnumbered by the cute cuddly creatures "Maybe these aren't changelings, maybe there just cute creatures" Tref gulped "I wish that was the case but come on we both know the truth here" Rimmel sighed and unsheathed his sword Tref followed suit.

 

"Just follow my lead, Tref" he nodded, Rimmel suddenly burst forward and slashed at the cute looking creatures, as Rimmel was approaching the cute creatures transformed into monstrosities of all types, most had huge tusks appear on them while others had huge fangs and spiky tails, The white cat warrior slashed down at a pair and instantly cut them in half, 'this is going to get messy' Rimmel thought, his outfit now covered in blood.

 

A changeling lunged at Tref, Tref side stepped to the side and then stabbed his shortsword into the changeling killing it in one swift blow, as he killed the first one another one lunged at the young wannabe adventurer, he managed too duck however his shortsword was still stuck, the changeling once again lunged at Tref and just as it was about to hit Rimmel kicked the beast away, "You alright kid?" Tref got back up sword in hand, "I told you I'm not a kid!" Rimmel slashed down at a Changeling and then responded "Haha sorry, force of habit." 

4