Adventurer log -3.4 (Sudden ambush 2)
45 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The pair were being overwhelmed from both sides, Tref was trying his best to block the attacks of the changelings but the constant onslaught made it difficult for him to block the attacks let alone dodge them, Tref's breathing was getting heavier and heavier, the small wounds that had accumulated over time were now taking there toll on him "Rimmel, I need some help here!" Rimmel tried to help out but he was struggling on his own side, Rimmel slashed downwards towards the lunging changeling and then spun around to his left too slice another, this mesmerizing dance was Rimmel's signature fighting style.

 

'Shit, He's not going to hold out much longer' he gripped onto his necklace, 'Should I really use that?, but it takes such a toll on my body...; while Rimmel was thinking through his next actions Tref had been overwhelmed by the changelings and was now being pummeled from multiple sides. Tref screamed out in agony causing Rimmel to quickly look over in Tref's direction, Tref was heavily wounded with blood pouring out from his wounds.

 

'Oh screw it!' Rimmel activated his artifact and a sudden surge of power could physically be seen, Rimmel suddenly had a blue aura form around him and his eyes changed too be as deep as the ocean, Rimmel screamed and increased the intensity of his 'dance' he would slash at one changeling and then quickly move onto the next, each time dodging and weaving in-between the oncoming attacks, his body was drenched in the blood of his foes but he did not relent instead only speeding up as time went by.

 

Five changelings suddenly charged at Rimmel and flung him too the floor, his sword being flung away, the strengthened white cat grabbed two of the changelings that had attacked him and bashed there heads together, he charged over too where Tref was and kicked the changelings away, "Can you stand?" Rimmel asked, his light blue aura now starting to fade ever so slightly, The boy shook his head, the boy was thrown onto Rimmel's shoulder, "Hold on tight, kid" Tref tried to say something but he didn't have the strength to even speak.

 

Rimmel crouched down into a beastlike stance and pounced at the Changelings, the ones that were in the way were flung aside and an opening was created, 'Now's my chance!' Rimmel dashed through the opening and didn't look back, any changelings that chased after him he would either crush or fling out of the way. After five whole minutes of running, Rimmel felt as if he was in the clear.

 

'I won't be able to hold on much longer' Rimmel had not left unscathed, small cuts had accumulated overtime and they were now taking a tole on him, the blue aura that was surrounding him dissipated and the backlash from the artifact was about to begin, Rimmel suddenly started spewing up blood, 'why do I even use this ' he looked down at the necklace he was wearing, the necklace was an artifact that could forcibly activate a fake aura, it came with one major drawback however, he would use up part of his life force in the process. 

 

Rimmel's vision started getting blurry, he checked on Tref just before he collapsed, 'he's fine,' Rimmel collapsed from a combination of his injuries and exhaustion...when he came back to his senses he was looking up at the night sky, he surveyed his surroundings and saw Balgour and Malabo staring at him, "Why did you two follow me to the afterlife?" Malabo slapped Rimmel, "This isn't the afterlife you idiot, look around you!", Rimmel coughed slightly, "Wait I'm alive?, Oh great now I have to put up with you two for longer". "Well your more then welcome to follow the grim reaper if you want", the three of them laughed together, Then Rimmel suddenly remembered about the condition Tref was in, "How's the kid?", "He's doing fine, just needs some rest and a few more potions", Rimmel sighed in relief 'so it was worth it'.

 

 

4