Chapter 2
10.3k 18 267
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gwyn looked at the mirror and couldn't help but smile at the reflection. In front of him is Gwyn, his game avatar.

He already accepts that he is transmigrated to another world after he got a lot of memories from his current body yesterday.

His name is Gwyndolin Alexander Cunningham. He is the son of a Count in a kingdom called Gipan Kingdom.

This world is called Gaia, and it has five continents based on their directions: Northern Continent, Western Continent, Southern Continent, Easter Continent, and Central Continent.

Gipan Kingdom is located in the northern part of the Southern Continent. Cunningham County is located in the southernmost part of the Gipan Kingdom. His family has been guarding the continent against the kingdom in the south for thousands of years.

"It looks like I took over this body after it died from a 'bandit' ambush."

Gwyn takes over the body that recently died in an ambush while he and his family are traveling somewhere. His parents did not know that he had died and another soul had taken over, they only know that Gwyn survives, and that is all that matters.

"Now, why do those 'bandits' decide to attack us and who is sending them?"

The reason why Gwyn knew that it was not a bandit is because of what his father said to him. They quickly ran away after 'killing' him, which was not bandit behavior. Gwyn shakes his head and walks out of his room, where he sees a maid waiting for him.

"Young master, the Lord is waiting for you in the dining hall."

"Lead the way."

Gwyn follows the maid to the dining hall, where he can see a man sitting at the Lord's chair at the end of the table. This man is Gwyn's father, Alexander Gerrion Cunningham, the current lord of Cunningham County.

He has the same white hair as him, but he has light blue eyes instead of silver eyes like him.

Sitting near him is my mother, Cecilia Ainsworth Cunningham, née Rull. She has Sepia Hair and silver eyes and is the definition of a motherly woman. The people on Earth will call her Pure Milf 10/10 would call her mommy.

Sitting in front of her is a young girl in her seventh. She is Rachel Cecilia Cunningham. She is Gwyn's little sister. She has her father's hair and eyes. However, she has her mother's round face and kind expression.

"Ah, Gwyn. Take a seat."

Gwyn nods his head at his father's words and takes a seat next to Rachel.

"How are you, dear?" His mother asked him with a worried expression. "Are you doing fine? Pain anywhere?"

Gwyn shakes his head and says.

"There is nothing wrong, mother. I'm doing fine."

"Good. Good. I'm really worried when I see you get stabbed in the chest. Don't worry, your father is investigating who is the one sending those men to you."

Gwyn can see his father nodding his head.

"Aye. I already sent some men to have some talk with the 'bandit' who attacked us."

What he means by that is that they are now tortured and interrogated using pain.

"I see. That is good then."

"Yes. However, we still need to take you to the church to see your talent."

This world has a tradition called the Talent Ceremony. When a child reaches the age of fifteen, they need to go to the church where they will be baptized and awaken their talent. The ceremony costs money; a low-income family usually cannot pay the church for the fee, and only a mid to rich family can pay it.

Even when they have the money, the talent they get is randomized, and only a certain family will always get good talent. Because of this reason, the Family Bloodline is very important in this world.

Getting a seed from a noble is considered a blessing. Because of this, there are a lot of cases of r*pe happening in the other kingdom that let it happen. The Gipan Kingdom forbade that act a few hundred years ago, and the punishment for r*Pe is exiled, and their title will be given to their child.

"When are we going, father?"

"After breakfast. We don't want to make the Bishop wait."

"I see."

Gwyn and his family start to eat the food when the food arrives at the dining table.

=||=

Gwyn looks out of the window of the carriage and releases a sigh.

"Big brother?"

Gwyn looks at his little sister and smiles at her before saying.

"Nothing, Rachel. I'm just worried that we will get attacked once again. I don't want my cute little sister injured."

And Gwyn means it. He never had a family in his previous life, and now he wants to do everything he can to protect his family when he knows that his family cares for him.

Hearing his brother's words, Rachel can only smile and blush a little before saying.

"Meany."

"Meany? Me? I'm telling the truth, you know?"

"T-Then hold me! Big brother is always busy with your studies and never plays with me."

"Hmmm, you are right. Here, come on."

Rachel's face lights up, and she quickly sits on her brother's lap. Gwyn smiles and pats his sister's head gently.

"Brother, can you read a story for me?"

"Oh? What story?"

"Here."

Gwyn takes the book and looks at the title of the book.

"The Silver Prince and the Three Bards, huh?"

"En! Will you read it for me?"

"Of course." Gwyn opens the book and starts to read it. "In the era of war…."

Gwyn and Rachel spend the rest of the journey reading the books and playing with each other. After a few hours of journey, they arrive in front of a massive church in the other city. Gwyn and Rachel walk out of the carriage and walk inside the church, where he can see an old man already waiting for them on the podium.

The old man wore a church uniform consisting of white robes and held a staff in his hand.

"Welcome to the house of Gods, child."

The House of Gods is a church that worships Alena, the Goddess of Light and Creation. They are also the biggest church in the entire Southern Continent. They are the ones who awaken someone's talent and give them a superpower.

"Please get closer, child."

Gwyn nods his head and gets closer to the bishop. When he gets closer, he can hear the bishop pray for a minute before his entire body is showered with light for a few seconds before the light disappears. He can feel a massive amount of power awaken from his body and a connection that he thought he would never see again.

He can see two small silver plaques floating above him.

"Take it, child. That was your talent. Read it and show it to your parents."

"Thank you, sir Bishop."

"Don't mention it, child."

Gwyn nods his head and walks out of the church with the two silver plaques with him to the carriage where his sister waits for him.

"Brother! What kind of talent do you get?"

Gwyn smiles, gets inside the carriage, and closes the door. He passes it to his sister and says,

"I get [Druid] and [Astrologian]."

267