Chapter 4
7.7k 15 260
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the feast, Gwyn gets inside his bedroom and decides to test his new power. He already knew the basics of how to use his power from the awakening ceremony, and it was the same as when he was still in Second Life.

However, even though he already knows about it, he needs to test it. Just to make sure it is working.

He takes a deep breath, and suddenly a small black hole appears next to him. The black hole did not do anything, and when he put his hand inside the black hole, Gywn could not help but smile.

He can feel it. He knows it. He knows all the items inside the black hole. It was his original inventory. The inventory he has when he is still playing Second Life. Gwyn laughs a little before testing the second thing he wants to test.

He takes a deep breath and closes his eyes. A second later, a pitch-black portal appeared in front of him. When he gets inside, he can see a familiar room waiting for him on the other side of the portal.

He is back in his guild base. Gwyn explores the entire floors one by one before finally stopping in front of the Vault. He gets inside the vault and walks straight to his equipment at the end of the vault.

"We met again, my friend."

Gwyn takes off his equipment from the statue and puts them on. He looks at his equipment and smiles a little.

"Sadly, I cannot use you every day. At least for now."

He did not want to explain where he got the equipment to his parents. He will equip them individually and let the others know he gets new clothing. He put away his equipment and stored them inside his inventory.

After getting his items back, he goes to the training area, where he quickly gets in front of the training dummy.

"I don't know if this dummy can take all of my attacks. Let's try low-level spells first. [Mana Spike]"

After saying that, seven spikes made of mana appear above him, and with his command, it flies at the training dummy in front of him. When it contacts the training dummy, it explodes.

[Mana Spike] is a level 1 AOE spell that creates spikes made of mana. At first, it only summoned one spike, but it increased the stronger the player with a limit of seven spikes. This spell is not the best DPS; people still use it in PVP and PVE because of how fast the cooldown is, and it only costs single-digit mana.

"The explosion sounded powerful but the training dummy did not have a scratch on it. Let's increase the power a little bit. [Rolling Rocks]!"

A massive boulder appears in front of him, and it is compressed for a second before it flies at high speed at the training dummy. It creates a loud noise when it hits the training dummy but just like before, it does not have a scratch.

"Oh! It looks like the training dummy can handle it just like in the game. Does that mean I can go all out? Let's try it out."

With a grin, Gwyn releases a barrage of spells at the training dummy. If he were doing it in the real world, people would think it was a battle between two great magicians.

=||=

"Father, I have a question."

After training inside his pocket dimension where his guild base is located, Gwyn decides to walk around the mansion, and he notices something.

"What is it?"

"While walking around the mansion, I noticed something, father."

"Oh?"

"I notice the land is screaming in pain. Do you know what is happening? I also just noticed that our harvest gets less and less as the year goes by."

Alexander looked at his son for a few seconds before sighing.

"Take a seat. It is a long talk."

"Ok."

He takes a seat on the sofa in front of his father's desk. He sees his father make tea, put them on the table, and sit in front of him.

"I guess It is already time for me to involve you in the problem we have." Alexander takes a sip of his tea. "Let's start with the problem you feel. It started three years ago. A well-known Alchemist with great talent in Alchemist experimenting near our territory without us knowing. The southern lord will not care about his experiment if only they are successful and not hurting us."

"Sadly it was not, right?"

Alexander nods his head and says.

"Aye. Something is happening and the result of his experiment causes our harvest to decrease year by year. Some of the southern lords already feel it in their vault and in their people. At the moment, all of us still have money and stable income to buy all the food we need to go through winter every year."

"However, the longer we wait the bigger problem this will cause."

"That's right. I predict we will have a problem in ten years or maybe even less than that."

"I see. That is bad. Have you tried to ask the church?"

"Yes. All the southern lords already tried to ask the church but they never sent their strongest priest to our territory even with the promise of a huge reward."

"Why?"

"Because of our relationship with the northern lord."

"Huh?"

Alexander sighs a little and rubs his head.

"The northern lords and the southern lords have had a bad relationship since a hundred years ago. They see us as a barbarian who does not know anything but fight and us, the southern lords, see them as arrogant lords and because of how they will always make our life harder than it needs to be."

"Has this rivalry… resulted in a war?"

"War? No. Skirmish? Yes, a lot of time. Usually, it was the northern lord who started it. We are too busy defending our land from the kingdom in the south."

The kingdom to the south is Gokuya Kingdom. They are the second biggest kingdom in the entire continent. They are an expansionist nation with a focus on the military. If not for their neighbor, the biggest kingdom in the entire continent with the same focus as them, the Gipan kingdom, would have fallen long ago.

"I see. That is good then. What about the relationship with our fellow northern lord?"

"Huh? We have a great relationship with them because if we cannot get along with each other, Gokuya Kingdom will exploit our weakness. Once it happened ten years ago and it resulted in your grandfather dead and a lot of people dead as well."

"I see."

"Yeah. Because of this reason we need to stand together against the enemy from the north and the south."

"We see the north as our enemy?"

"Not an enemy per se but an annoyance. Even the Royal Family did not really care about us."

"Ah, this is bad."

"Yes. They will not help us when we need help when our food is depleted."

Gwyn stays silent for a few seconds before he finally says.

"Father, will you let me handle this matter?"

"What? What do you mean?"

"I have a way to fix this problem."

"How?"

"Do you remember one of my talents?"

Alexander stayed silent for a few seconds before widening his eyes.

"[Druid]! You are the master and protector of nature!"

"That's right. I can cure the land. That is why I am asking you about this problem. I want to help our people and prevent a disaster from happening."

His father looked him right in the eyes before saying in a serious tone.

"Are you sure? You are a newly awakened person. Curing a large territory will take a lot from you."

"I'm sure, father. As the heir of Cunningham county, I need to play my role to help our people."

Alexander looked at his son proudly and nodded his head.

"Then I will leave the future of our people in your hands, my son."

"Yes, father! Leave it to me."

Alexander, Cecilia, and Rachel look at their son/brother standing in the middle of the field while he is wearing his equipment from Second Life. Each of his pieces of equipment is carefully selected by him to boost his spell and stats to better support his teammate.

Gwyn takes a deep breath, and suddenly eight cards appear around him. He also takes out his staff from his inventory. This is Gwyn in his full glory. His main job is [Astrologian], and his side job is [Druid], with the tarot card as his main weapon and his staff as the side weapon.

"First thing first, let's start with a cleansing spell [Canis Major: Sirius]!"

[Canis Major: Sirius] is one of the three Gwyn's favorite spells. This spell cleanses all debuffs all the allies around him have and gives small healing over time. This is his favorite because it was very useful, and its cooldown was not too long. It was only thirty seconds.

The only downside is that this spell needs a lot of mana. Lucky for him, Gwyn is a monster in mana capacity and management because of his build and his equipment that give him mana boost and mana consumption reduction.

The people near him can see a beautiful light show appear in front of their eyes, with Gwyn in the middle of it. To the people watching, it is as if an angel descends from heaven and blesses their land as they can see the trees and the grass start to get healthier than before.

"And the second one! [Nature's Blessing]!"

[Nature's Blessing] is one of the higher-level healing spells (Level 100 spell) and one of the most powerful burst healing spells he has. It fully heals anyone a hundred meters around him and gives them a temporary boost. He did not know that the game's range was different than in real life.

The game [Nature's Blessing] has a hundred meters range, but in real life, the range is doubled up. The same with [Canis Major: Sirius] that only has a range of hundred meters now doubled up as well.

His family, who watches on the side, can only watch in awe as they can see their son/brother do another miracle. The nature around him obeys his command, and they grow at his command. While Alexander cannot feel it, Cecilia, who has a talent in a magic-related field, can feel the mana in the air start to change.

"The mana in the air gets even more pure!"

He cannot help but shout in excitement and surprise. As a magician, the quality of mana in the air affects her spell after all.

After casting his spells, Gwyn walks toward his family, who quickly asks him about his condition.

"I'm fine, Mom, Dad, Sis. I still have a lot of mana inside of me and I only need two minutes before I can cast it once more."

While [Canis Major: Sirius] only needs thirty seconds to rest, his [Nature's Blessing] spell needs two minutes before it can be cast again.

"Let's go to another place. I still have a lot of things to do."

It was the starting legend of Gwyn the Saint in the southern lords' territory.

260