Chapter 5
6.8k 19 244
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Should I use 3rd POV or 1st POV? (This will take effect in two or three chapter in the future)
  • 3rd POV Votes: 11 32.4%
  • 1st POV Votes: 23 67.6%
Total voters: 34 · This poll was closed on Dec 2, 2022 05:39 AM.

|Gwyndolin Alexander Cunningham POV|

I wipe away the sweat from my forehead and release a sigh. It has been a month since I used my spell to take care of the Southern Territory from the poison that tainted the land. It was even worse than I thought it was.

The poison not only tainted the water but the land itself. Because of my [Druid] class, I have a connection to the land underneath me.

Since I reincarnated into this world, I have noticed many things. My body became very strong, and it was because of my class.

I choose these two classes in the Second Life because they cover each other's weaknesses. [Astrologian] is a pure support class that does not have a lot of DPS spells and shit stats. However, this class gives a lot of mana to the user, mana regeneration, and a lot of passive skills with a lot of effects but mostly cooldown-shortening passive skills. [Druid], on the other hand, has good stats, especially in HP and Physical Defence and a variety of DPS spells. However, this class spell requires a lot of MP and has a long cooldown.

All my stats are also transferred into this world. I can feel my body is stronger, and my stamina is massive as I only sweat after doing the repetitive activity for eight hours.

"Young master, Gwyndolin."

I look at my back and see two servants walking toward me with a towel and a glass of what looks like orange juice. I nod my head, take the towel and drink the juice.

"Thank you."

"It is our pleasure, young master."

Currently, I'm on a journey. I offer my service to my father to tie all the Southern Nobles together. In exchange for a tighter alliance, I will help all the nobles from this problem. Right now, I'm in Lionheart Barony.

Lionheart Barony is the last place I visit before I go back home. I have been doing this for three months, which was tiring but seeing the people smile is a great reward for me.

"How much more land do I need to clean?"

I asked one of the maids, who brought a map with her. She opens the map, and I can see a lot of the area has been crossed. Only three more areas.

"Three more, huh? We will go to this one first and go to the other two. I think we will be finished before the sun sets."

"I will inform Lord Lionheart immediately."

"Good. Thank you for accompanying me all the way here and I'm sorry for you to be dragged into this."

The two maids shake their heads and say.

"No, my lord. We are supposed to be the ones thanking you. If not for you, we will starve to death this winter."

"Is it that bad?"

"Yes. This territory is the one that is hit the worst by the poison. A lot of people died from famine and some of them managed to run away from this place."

"I see. That means there are a lot of sick people in this place, huh?"

"Yes."

"Very well. I will ask Lord Lionheart if I can heal the people in this territory. I guess I will tell my father to give me another month to heal the people."

I don't want people to experience pain. I have experienced it, and it was not good. I know I cannot help all of them, but I will help the people in need as much as possible.

"You will do that for us?"

"Of course."

"Even though they are strangers?"

"Yes."

I can see both of them smiling, and I don't know why.

"You are really a saint."

"Me? A saint? Nah."

"A hero then."

"Nope. I'm just a human who helps fellow humans."

To not let them say more, I walked toward the guard waiting for us in the distance and said.

"Come on! I want to get back before sunset."


|3rd POV|

"Did you hear? The southern nobles are gathering under a single banner."

"Really? Who is the one leading them? The marquis?"

"No. The one leading them is the Cunningham family."

"Really? They are gathering under the banner of a mere count? Hah."

Catharina von Xenotra, who heard the news from the side, shuddered at the information.

"They are already under a single banner?"

Catharina bit her finger at the news. It was the first news out of three phases before the rebellion happened. White Lily has three problems that the player needs to face. The first one is the Southern Nobles' rebellion or what other players on Earth called Barbarian War. Followed by the Monster Wave and the Awakening of the Devil Kings.

She has heard from others and read in the game that the people in the south only care about power. Not only that, he heard from the rumor going around the noble inside the room that a lot of people were running away from the south because they were starving after the lord took all their food.

With that rumor going around and what she has read in the game, she gets even more scared at the news of them getting under the care of the Cunningham family.

"I need to make haste. I don't have much more time. However, how can I get enough power to defeat him and his army?!"

In the Barbarian War, Gwyndolin led his army into battle against the Northern Army. If the player gets defeated seven times out of ten in the RTS gameplay against the southern army, Gwyndolin will become a king and rule the entire kingdom with his iron fist.

"And Catharina will die when her mansion gets raided by them. Damn it! Why are there so many death flags!"

Catharina releases a sigh and rubs her forehead as headaches start to appear.

"Calm down, Catharina. You still have a chance. First thing first, I need money. I can get them if I decide on a certain someone but it will take time and I don't like his personality."

Catharina thinks for a few seconds before an idea appears inside her head.

"Glass. I'm from a Glass Blowing family in my previous life! I can make beautiful glasses before selling them."

Glass is considered a luxury item, and the Xenotra family lives near the beach to get the base ingredient to make a glass.

"Yes. That is a great idea and with my talent I can speed up the production of the glass. I need to gather a lot of money before the second phase shows up."

She dreads hearing the second phase when Gwyndolin takes over the Cunningham family.

244