Chapter 6
6.8k 12 251
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gwyn looks out of the window and smiles a little. His job is done, and he finally has some rest in his home. It has been three days since he finished his job of healing the land of the Southern Nobles and healing the sick people from the famine and a small plague.

If not for him, the plague would spread, and many people would die in the future.

"Even with all that, there are still a lot of things that need to be done."

He wants to help Cunningham territory. With the food supply having been taken care of, he wants to increase his family income. The southern nobles will always use most of their income to train more troops because of two problems.

The first one is the monster wave. That's right, just like any fantasy world, Gaia also has monsters. They are a creature of the abyss and spawned into the real world from the excessive energy of the abyss.

There are three layers of Gaia. The first layer is where the Gods lived. It was paradise, a place filled with mana, and the place many magicians yearned to reach. The second layer is the middle layer, where mortals live. The third layer is the Abyss Palace, the place where monsters lived and were born.

Just like the gods can meddle in mortal business, the abyss can also do that through a crack. Unlike the paradise, the Abyss Palace has a tighter passage between it and the second layer.

They can only go through a crack that sometimes appears in the world's second layer. Many researchers and magicians believe that this crack appears because the Abyss energy the third layer produces cannot be contained anymore and creates a crack.

A few of them even theorize that the energy in the third layer will accumulate so much that there will be a massive worldwide monster wave.

On the border between the Gipan Kingdom and Gokuya kingdom, there is a location called Death Zone. This location is a place where a lot of Abyssal Cracks appear and spawn a lot of monsters.

Other than the threat of Gokuya kingdom, the Cunningham family and the other southern nobles need to worry about the monster coming out of the death zone. This is why most of the southern nobles think of strength because many people would die without them.

"Military is already good enough for now. Father can take care of it. I need to think about something else."

After thinking for a few seconds, Gwyn gets an idea.

"Hmmm, how about a hospital? I can make one with all the money in my guild. Building a hospital will not be cheap but it will be an essential thing we need. Maybe it will cost me around twenty to thirty thousand golds?"

The southern continent uses a single currency called Southern Coins. Gwyn rolls his eyes at the unoriginal name.

Southern Coin is divided into gold, Silver, and bronze coins. One gold is equal to ten silver, and one silver is equal to one hundred bronze.

"Hmmm, I also need to make a private farm for all the seeds of plants from Second Life. I want to see if they can grow in this world if they can only grow in Second Life. I also need to grow them in my guild base."

Gwyn takes out a piece of paper and starts to write.

"First thing first, hospital. The second will be a private herb garden for my potion-making project."

Second Life did not have a class like [Potioneer] or [Enchanter]. The player can do that as long as they have the right ingredient and learn the recipe. While Gwyn did not have all the potion recipes in Second Life, he had a good enough recipe to make a good supply for the raid.

"And the third…."

"Brother!"

Gwyn snapped from his thoughts when he heard his little sister knocking on the door to his room. He put down the quill and walked to the door. When he opens the door, he can see his little sister waiting behind the door with Lily, the Wolf Pup, standing behind her.

"Rachel? What is it?"

"Let's play! You are inside your room all day!"

He looked at her for a few seconds before nodding his head.

"Sure."

"Yay~ Come on!"

Rachel drags him to the garden, where Gwyn sees his mother drinking tea while reading a book.

"Mother! I brought my big brother with me!"

Cecilia looks at her children and smiles brightly.

"Gwyn! Rachel! Would you care to join me?"

"Of course, mother."

"En!"

Both siblings walk toward their mother, and the servant pours them a cup of tea. Cecilia takes a sip of the tea and says.

"So, Gwyn."

"Yes, mother?"

"What makes you stay all day inside your room?"

"Ah, I'm just writing all the projects I want to do, mother."

"Oh? What kind of project?"

"After seeing so many people die from sickness, I want to make a hospital. I want to make a hospital to help the people in need."

"Ah, what a great dream. Sadly, it was impossible, my son."

Gwyn looks at his mother with a confused expression while she gives him a sad expression.

"Why? If it was because of money, I have money that I have saved since I was a child and some from the other nobles."

Gwyn gets a lot of money from his journey across the southern territory. All the Lords decide to give him a lot of money even though he says that he does not need it. After they beg him to take the money, Gwyn can only sigh and take it.

"It was not because of money, Gwyn. It was an order directly from the king."

"What? Why?"

Cecilia sighs and says.

"The grandfather of the current king banned all the southern nobles from building a hospital."

"Why?! That is a moronic decision!"

"I know, Gwyn. While I agree with you, you shouldn't say something bad toward the royal family. They are a fickle being. Once they hear you say that, they will do something that I don't want."

"I'm sorry mother."

"Don't be sorry, Gwyn. I agree with you."

"You did?"

"Yes. It was a moronic move from the king. Without a hospital, we cannot treat our wounded soldiers and we need to depend on the northern nobles to heal our men."

"Let me guess, they charge us a lot of money to heal our men?"

"You are correct. Sometimes, I wonder if it is better to accept the Gokuya Kingdom to join them. We have offered our loyalty to the royal family for thousands of years but the only thing they give to us is scorn and hatred. We did not do anything wrong to them and they think of us as a savage that eats babies for breakfast and eats puppies for dinner. We are fighting for our lives here while they are busy partying in their castle without a care in the world."

This is the first time Rachal and Gwyn see their mother talk like that. In their life, they never see their mother raise her voice like this.

"Ah, I'm sorry about that."

"Don't worry mother. I don't mind it. In fact, I think you need to get loose once in a while."

"Fufufufu. Thank you, dear. Anyway, I'm sorry to inform you but building a hospital is not good."

"Hmmm, what about an apothecary? Instead of healing them using magic, we will use potions to heal people in need."

"Potion? Hmmm, that is a good idea. The royal family only bans a place that uses a healer and any healing magic, not a place of healing using potion and medicine."

"Oh? That means we can exploit the loophole?"

"I will ask your father later. He has the royal edict. I need to make sure first before I allow you to start your project."

"Speaking of projects, I have another one."

"Oh? Tell me."

"I want to make a private farm for all the herbs and medical plants I need. With my talent as a [Druid], I can make the production of the medical plant as fast as possible. I want this project finished as fast as possible."

"And the reason why?"

"You must notice it as well, mother. It was too quiet the past couple of months. It was in the history book of our family that every time there is a long silence, there will be something happening. Either it was the monster, or it was the Gokuya Kingdom."

Gwyn can see his mother nodding her head with a frown on her face.

"Yes. I also noticed it as well. However, farming is hard work, you know?"

"I know. However, I have a way to make sure the farm is going to work."

"Oh? Really?"

"Yes. I will tell you later when I get the land for the farm. I also need your help for my next project."

"Another project?"

"Yes. It was a potion production. I read a lot of books about alchemy from your private collection."

Gwyn's mother has a talent called [Alchemist: Healing]. It lets her make a healing potion and learn faster to make a healing potion or concoction. Her talent is specified in healing potions, and other healing concoctions, which means she cannot or at least will have a hard time learning another type of Alchemist.

"And?"

"And I manage to make a new healing potion that I need you to try."

"Truly?"

"Yes. What do you think?"

"Of course, I will help you, Gwyn. It will be my pleasure. It has been a while since I tried a new recipe and experimented."

"Thank you, mom."

"Kyaaa~ You call me mom! It's been a while since you call me that!"

Cecilia suddenly jumps from her chair and hugs her son tightly. Instead of being embarrassed by his mother's behavior, Gwyn hugs her back and buries his head on her neck. For a child who never gets parental affection, Gwyn wants to absorb all the affection he gets from his family.

He did not want the warm feeling inside his body to disappear. He wants them to stay as long as possible.

251