Chapter 9
6.5k 6 224
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

|3rd POV|

The soldier who stands on the wall can only look at their young master decapitating all the monsters coming from the Void Crack. Spell after spell flew out of his staff and hit the monster underneath him.

Each time he moves his staff, the earth moves and destroys all the incoming enemies. It is as if seeing nature itself punishes the incoming monster.

Gwyn, who is still floating in the air, sees that the enemy is still coming out and decides to summon a reinforcement.

"Come! [Wicker Man]!"

[Wicker Man] is a skill that lets him summon a Wicker Man, a ten meters tall wooden golem with a hollow inside. [Wicker Man] is an eighty-five-level skill druid used as a tank. It can take a lot of damage and store all that damage inside of its body, forming a fire.

Once the golem is dead, it will explode and cause massive damage.

"[Guardian of Nature]!"

Gwyn is not done. He summons four creatures into the world. The first one is a massive White Tiger with a wind around its body as armor. The second one is a Red Phoenix that flies to the sky while its body is covered by fire. The third one is a Golden Eastern Dragon with a thirty-meter-long body covered in lightning. The last one is a Black Tortoise with a small hill as its shell.

In his worry about not letting any monster touch the wall of his hometown, Gwyn did not realize that he was going overboard. He alone can destroy all the monsters, and now he calls a level eighty monster and four level ninety-five monsters to his aid.

The fight lasts for fifteen minutes before the Void Crack slowly disappears.

Alexander can only look at his son in shock at his power before smiling. He knows that his family has a bright future ahead of him. With Gwyn as the head of the family, the northern nobles will not dare attack his territory.

He then orders his men to return to their station as the crisis has been taken care of.

After killing the last monster, Gwyn flies toward his summoner creatures and gives them a pat on the head.

"Thank you for your help."

The four guardians of nature release a happy sound while the giant Wicker Man only stands there in silence. After saying goodbye, he dismisses all of them and sees them disappear into thin air.

Gwyn then flies toward the wall, where he sees his father waiting for him.

"Father–"

Before Gwyn could say anything, Alexander smacked him on the head and scolded him.

"What do you think you are doing?! What if you are injured?!"

Gwyn looks at his father and says.

"But I'm fine, right?"

He got another smack.

"This time you are fine! What if it was a stronger monster?! What if it was an abyss dragon?! You will be roasted to death, boy! I know that you want to test your new power but remember to never get into battle recklessly!"

Gwyn can only look down in shame as he did not think about that. Void Cracks has a duration; the longer it opens, the more powerful monsters it will spawn.

"You are lucky it was only fifteen minutes long! If it was half an hour long, I don't know what would happen to you. We have a wall for a reason, Gwyn!"

"I'm sorry."

Seeing his son's ashamed expression, he can only sigh and hug his son.

"I'm not angry at you, son. I'm even proud of what you did. However, you also need to remember that we are worried about you. We don't want you to get injured or even worse, die because of your recklessness."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry. Be better. Next time, you don't just get inside the battlefield. Use the wall to your advantage, our ancestors built it for a reason. Analyze the situation before doing an action."

"I understand."

"Good. Now, go back. I will take care of the rest."

Gwyn nods and flies to the lord's mansion, where he knows he will get another scolding from his mother. After seeing his son get back to the mansion, Alexander looks at the corpse outside the wall and sighs. He knows that it will take a long time to clean.

"The cleaning process will take a long time."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|Gwyndolin A. Cunningham - Heir to Cunningham Family|

I can only look to the ground as mom scolds me for who knows how long.

"Do you understand, Gwyndolin Alexander Cunningham?!"

I wince a little as she calls me by my full name and not only by my nickname. I slowly nod my head and say.

"Yes, mom."

"Good! Now, hug me."

I smile at her and give her a tight hug. I can feel someone hugging both of us, and when I open my eyes, I can see Rachel join in the family hug. We stayed there for a few seconds before I released both of them.

When I released them, Rachel ran toward me and tackled me.

"Brother! Can you teach me how to summon that golem? It was so cool!"

"Ah, you saw that?"

"En! You are so cool! You point at your staff and bam! The earth moves and then you twirl your staff then summon a massive golem! It was so cool!"

I look at my mother, who smiles at us and says,

"Mom, how does she know? The distance between the wall and the mansion is quite far away, right?"

"Ah, it was because of Elizabeth over here."

I look at the old maid who is standing next to mother.

"She has a talent. Your grandfather awakens her ability after she takes over the head maid position. The same with the head butler, he also awakened his talent. Her talent is called [Farsight]. It was a talent that let her create a small floating orb…."

Elizabeth summons black orbs that float on her hand.

"... that can let her see something in the distance. It has a range of ten kilometers, which is quite useful for scouting, especially since her ability lets others see what she is seeing. Sadly, it has one weakness, it creates a sound when activated."

Elizabeth let the orb fly out of the mansion, and I could hear a sound from the outside. It sounds like a car engine in my past life. The sound was not too loud, but it was noticeable. I then look at Elizabeth, who has a hologram appear on her hand showing the outside.

"I see. So that is why Rachel knows what I'm doing."

"Yup~ We saw you fight, you know? As much as I want to continue to scold you for your reckless behavior, you look really cool. Ah~ I can already imagine a lot of women swooning at my boy~ What should I do?~ I don't want to be a grandmother just yet~ But it is not so bad~ Maybe I will let him?~"

I decide to ignore her and take Rachel away. Mothers have a stronger relationship with the world 'Grandbabies' and 'Grandmother'. She cannot determine if she wants me to have kids because she is still too young, and calling her a grandma makes her feel old.

But at the same time, she wants to see grandchildren of her own because one of her friends (Older than her) already has a granddaughter, and she is bragging about it to my mother.

I shake my head and decide to think about it later. I will not touch that landmine for a long time.

224