Chapter 10
6.1k 10 222
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

|Catharina von Xenotra - Heiress of Baron Xenotra|

"Fufufufu~ What with your obsession with Gwyndolin, hmmm? Are you cheating on me?~"

I shudder a little at his tone. This man in front of me is called Jonathan Rellios Verqur. He is the third son of Lord Verqur, a Duke that holds a large territory to the west of the Gipan Kingdom. He is a master of info gathering and a genius in business matters.

That is why I decided to seduce him myself.

Sadly, he has one flaw. He is a sadist and cold blood murderer. He likes to torture and kills his victims. Haaaaa, I hate my life.

"No. I just want to know what is going on in the south."

"Is that so?~ Well, Gwyndolin managed to defeat a monster wave alone."

"Alone?"

"Hmmm~ He is also the one who found the loophole in the Royal Edict that let him build a clinic and apothecary."

Clinic? Apothecary? What? What is happening in the south? The game never once tells me about that! The game only tells me that the south is a place where the people only think about strength, which means they are barbarians, right? They cannot build a clinic and apothecary, right?

Dammit, game! Now that I think about it, the game only said that the southern people like strong people! The game did not tell the player that the southern people only think about strength. Does that mean they are not barbarian like many Game Theory says? Does that mean my info for the game is useless? Dammit!

I need to see it with my own eyes.

"Jon, do you think I can go to the south?"

"Hmmm?~ What for?~"

"I want to see the clinic and the apothecary they have."

"Fufufufu~ Do you want to copy them using your talent?"

My talent… the cheat that I got from whoever sent me to this place. In White Lily, players will get a random talent before they start. Some people will spend hours in the opening game to get a perfect talent, and the most powerful talent is called [Time Master] and [Creation]. The first one is just like its name suggests, the player can control time, and the most powerful spell it can do is called [Decay], which can make the enemy grow older to the point they become nothing but ashes. It was the most powerful spell that could even kill Gwyndolin in a single attack.

[Creation], on the other hand, lets the player create anything, even talent. As long as they have enough mana, they can create anything. However, getting this talent is almost impossible. If not for three people getting this talent, many players would have thought that this talent was only a myth.

Sadly, I did not get any of those two. I got the fourth strongest talent called [Copycat]. I can copy other talents temporarily (5 to 1 day, depending on the power of the talent). However, this talent is broken because it can become permanent as long as I copy them repeatedly. It will not be as powerful as the original, but I get other talents.

Because of my talent, I get three talents from my family. The first one is called [Golemancy], which I got from my mother. The second one is [Sand Mastery] from my father. The third one is called [Puppetry] from the head butler.

With the combination of those talents, I manage to create a great business. I managed to create a glass business. The golem created by [Golemancy] will be the worker, and I can control it using my [Puppetry] even from a distance and [Sand Mastery] let me produce and control sand.

Of course, there is a limit to all that, but it was good enough to create a great business. I'm currently the richest young woman (under twenty) in the kingdom if what Jon said is true, and it felt great.

"Maybe. Depends on the talent."

That's right. In White Lily, Gwyn will always get two talents, but he also gets a randomized talent, just like the player. Many speed runners run depending on how powerful Gwyn's talents are. If he gets [Creation] and [Time Lord]? Just reset it because it was impossible. Even in normal gameplay, it would be impossible because he would be too powerful.

"Do you want me to pay the church?"

"Oh? Are you sure? It was a lot of money, you know?"

In White Lily, you can give certain money to the church to let the player know which talent Gwyn got from his awakening. This is the method speedrunners use to determine whether their run fails or not. After dating Jon, the player will use his money to buy that information.

"Sure. It was not a problem. It was just monthly pocket money for me."

I hold an urge to strangle him at his word. Jon's father, the duke, is one of the richest men on the entire continent. His family is a family of merchants that even reach other continents and bring a lot of money with their trade.

Their family also has something they can monopolize as it can only grow in their territory. It was a flower, a flower that can regrow someone's limbs. It brings them a lot of money for each flower they sell.

"I see. Then I will leave it to you."

"Fufufufu~ Then I want to ask for a reward!"

"Oh?"

"What is it?"

"A kiss on my cheek!"

Without hesitation, I kiss his right cheek and see him blushing. I stand up and get out of his room, leaving him in shock. This is why Jon is the easiest to get. He is too pure and too loyal.

When you are close to him, he will give you undying loyalty. He will blush like a virgin girl if you give him a kiss. The hardest part is getting close to him because he has already gotten used to women giving him sweet words. Act like you are not interested in him, and you will get his attention. Give him a small affection, and he will follow you like a puppy.

If only he did not like torturing people and preferred BDSM sex, he would be a perfect target for many players.

Now, I have two options. I can go to the south and check the situation myself, or I can just stay here and wait. Going there will be hard because I know that my father will not let me go there alone and will send many guards to accompany me.

However, if I do so, it will increase the hatred of the southern noble toward me. The game can let the player go to the south and check the location for themselves, but if they bring many guards with them, the south will get angry, and the storyline event will get faster than before.

The safest option is to get there with a maximum of ten people, but my father will not let me do that.

The other option is to stay here and increase my affection towards other targets. It was the safest option, but at the same time, if Gwyndolin has powerful talent, I want to copy his talent. However, do I want to stay there for months just to copy his talent? Urgh.

The Red Flag will flutter in the sky if I do that.

Fuck it. Let's wait and see. If the talent outweighs the risk, I will take it.


Hey, I have Patreon. If you want to support me and read my other work, or if you want to donate and buy me some coffee, you can directly send it to my Paypal. You can click the button below if you want to support me. Thank you for reading my work, and have a good day!

 

I have some bad news, bad news for me. I need money, but I don't want to ask and want to earn it. Because of this, I want to do something. For each $2 donated to my Paypal, I will write 1k words and immediately post it. If you donate more than that, I will try to make it into one chapter, but if I can't do that, I will split it into two chapters. This is not life-threatening situation or something but I will grateful if you decide to donate and I will write as fast as I can to fulfill what you paid me for.

222