Chapter 11
6.1k 9 237
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

|Gwyndolin A. Cunningham - Heir to Cunningham Family|

"Young master~ Do you want to feel good? Fufufufu~ This big sister will serve you~."

"Young master, do you want to drink some of our wine?! I will take the best for you!"

"Young master! Please drink our best tea!"

"What are you talking about?! Young master Gwyn loves coffee! He will drink at my place where I brew him the best coffee."

"What did you say?! Do you want to fight?!"

"Bring it on!"

I can only smile awkwardly as two men fight over something as silly as giving me a gift. I continue to follow my little sister as she drags me to the city after she hears a new type of food coming to this place.

"Brother, come on!"

"Yes. Yes. What's with the hurry? The vendor will not get anywhere."

"But the food will be gone if we do not hurry up!"

I can only sigh and smile at her behavior. After a minute of walking, we arrived in front of a stall that was selling seafood. Oh! That is a rather rare thing to see. Cunningham territory is a landlocked territory. We did not have a lot of seafood in this place as the only place we could have fish was the massive lake to the north.

The only seafood we get is second-hand goods from the north, but we rarely buy from them because we know that they charge us a high price even though they sell us not-so-fresh goods.

Both of us waited in line after I told the other people that they didn't need to give their line to us. It was a quick and awkward wait for me. The people in line cannot stand being in front of the noble and give a ridiculous reason why they need to go and give us their place.

One man says he needs to give birth to a baby girl.

In the end, we arrived in front of the vendor. The owner of the vendor is a young man in his mid-twenty. He has blue hair and light blue eyes while wearing a light blue shirt. He is new. I have never seen him before. When he sees us, his eyes light up and say.

"Welcome, young master! What can I do for you?"

I look at my sister, who quickly says.

"Octopus!"

"Coming right up! And you, young master?"

"Hmmm, I will take mackerel."

"Of course!"

I look at the owner for a few minutes before saying.

"Are you new around here?"

"Hmmm? Ah, I'm new in this city, young master."

"Really? Where are you from?"

"I'm from the Lionheart Barony to the west, young master."

"Really?"

Lionheart Barony, huh? I wonder where he got the fish from? Lionheart Barony is in the same landlocked territory as Cunningham. Hmm, does he have a connection with the northern noble? Can I have that connection as well? I love to try to get my hands on some seafood.

In the past, I wanted to eat some sushi, but because of my disease, I couldn't eat any raw fish.

"Young master?"

"Ah, sorry about that."

"Don't worry about it, young master."

"Anyway, can I get your supplier of the fish? Cunningham County is a landlocked territory, the same as the Lionheart Barony. That means you have a connection to the northern merchant, no? Can I ask you to send a message for me?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|Vendor Owner POV|

My name is Verol, and I'm a spy sent by sir Jonathan to the south. I was sent to this place to spy on the Cunningham family, the de facto leader of the entire Southern Nobles. The rumor of their exploit has already reached the northern territory, but they still think that the southern people are nothing but a barbarian, and their clinic cannot be compared to the northern clinic.

I can safely say that their thinking is wrong. It has been a month since I arrived in this place, and I must say that the rumor is false.

The southern people are polite and friendlier than their counterparts in the north. Not only that, they are far cleaner. Many northern nobles did not care for their people's hygiene, resulting in unpleasant smells coming from their city.

Lucky for me, the royal family has a strict rule of hygiene, resulting in a clean capital city.

I can see how the people in the south think more about strength than anyone in the north because they will die in this place without them. The forest can kill you, the road can kill you, and even the city can kill you if the monster wave happens.

Strength is a necessity for these people; the northern people think they are barbarian because of it.

Anyway, I decided to become a seafood vendor, thinking that it would attract enough attention so I could meet the Cunningham family in person, but it looks like I bite more than I can chew.

"Hello?"

"Ah, I'm sorry young master. My mind often wanders around."

What should I do? What a rookie mistake. I get so used to my job spying in the north that I forget to see the land in the south. I can't say that I got all the supplies from Verqur Duchy because they are the most northern noble in the kingdom! They are in the opposite direction from each other.

"I'm sorry young master but the merchant already has too many contracts he needs to fulfill. He is a small merchant after all."

"Oh? A small northern merchant willing to sell their goods in the south, huh? That is rare."

Balls! Of course, they didn't! Fuck! In a panic, I forgot that a small merchant did not want to go to the south, for it was too dangerous for them, and hiring a mercenary to guard them was expensive, making their profit almost zero.

"T-The owner of the company trains young men to be their guard, young master. To cut some losses, you know?"

"I see. You must be close to the owner, huh? For him to show you all of that."

"O-Of course! I'm his best friend."

"Hmmm"

I can feel a cold sweat coming off my back as I can feel Gwyndolin's gaze on my being. His gaze and intense eyes pierce through my being as if he can read my soul. I quickly finish their order and take the money they give me.

As I see them walk away from me, I release a relieved breath. What a terrifying young man he is. I guess I now know why Lady Catharina calls him a Villain. A regal and cold young man whose eyes can pierce your being and read your soul. That is Gwyndolin Alexander Cunningham.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|Gwyndolin A. Cunningham - Heir to Cunningham Family|

"Brother! You should practice your smile more! You are scaring him!"

"Really? I don't do anything, though."

"You are glaring at him!"

"I don't. I only look at him working."

My little sister looks at me with a cute frown before saying.

"I blame dad for this."

"Huh? Why?"

"He gave his expression to you. You have an angry expression! Even when he is not angry, he looks angry! You should train your smile, brother!"

"I can smile, you know?"

"Really? Prove it."

I look at her, and I give her a small smile.

"No! Your smile looks like you want them dead! Come on! I will teach you."

After we reached the mansion, Rachel and I spent three hours practicing how to smile. What makes matters worse, mothers come when we are in the middle of the so-called training and decide to get involved. Father even looks at me in pity, as if he has gone through the same torture.

Haaa… Smiling is hard.

Hey, I have Patreon where you can read my other works, or you can go to my Paypal to encourage me to write this novel more! For every $2, I will write 1k words chapter, and for every $1, I will add 500 words more. I will try to write as fast as possible and then post it immediately. I will not force anyone to donate, as you spending your time reading my fic is enough for me. Have a good day!

237