Chapter 22
5.5k 29 218
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Get me a basic healing potion!"

I order Julian to take a potion while I stitch the wound on my patient. The man in front of me somehow survived a bear attack, but he needed quick medical attention. I already heal the worst wound and only a couple of basic healing potions.

"Here, drink this."

The middle-aged man nods his head and drinks the potion without question. I nod my head and say.

"Take this potion and drink it after you wake up tomorrow morning. I want you to take it easy for three days. You can hunt but take it easy. Don't carry anything too heavy or run too long. When you feel tired, quickly take a break. When you feel a slight pain in your arms, quickly put down any item you carry."

"Yes. I understand. Thank you, young master."

"Good. You are good to go."

The man gets up, bows at me and gets out of the building.

"That is the last one, right?"

"That's right, young master. Thank you for your hard work."

"The others are also working hard, you know?"

Jullian only smiled at me without saying any more words. I get up from the chair and leave the building temporarily given to us by the lord of this territory. We are in Baxter barony and have been staying for three days.

It has been three months since I started my noble duty and explored the southern territory.

Baxter barony is located in the western part of the Gipan kingdom. They border the Luzia kingdom. The Baxter family is one of the richest and was the richest among the southern nobles. The Cunningham family beat them after we became a distributor of the healing potions.

They are the ones who have access to other kingdoms that do not want to kill them. Sadly for them, the Luzia kingdom is not rich. They did not buy many things, and the one they bought was cheap.

The Luzia kingdom is mountainous and rocky. Their main food sources are fish and mountain meat like goat and boar. Because of this, they need to import a lot of food like grains, vegetables and fruits.

Because of their status as a poor kingdom, the northern noble that bordered the Luzia kingdom did not want to trade with them.

The reason? The Luzia kingdom usually traded using goods like iron, copper and lead. Sadly, the northern nobles wanted gold or silver to pay for the food they sold. On the other hand, the southern nobles were willing to buy their iron and copper happily because we needed them to gear up our troops.

"So, what is today's agenda?"

"Lord Baxter invites you for a feast, young master."

"When?"

"The feast starts in…."

Jullian looks at the sundial clock near our building and says.

"They start in three hours, young master."

"Three hours, huh? Very well. I still have time to eat and take a bath. Will you come?"

"No. Lord Baxter wants you, young master. They did not make a feast for us but rather for you. We already had our feast when we arrived here two days ago."

"Fair enough."

I nod my head and walk upstairs, where I stay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|Silvanna Baxter - Heiress of the Baxter Family|

I look in the mirror to see if I'm good enough for today's guest. Today's guest is someone really important to us. I know that as a daughter of a noble family, I have a chance of getting married to another family and releasing my heiress status, but I already accept that.

My father is a picky lord who chooses my partner very carefully. If it were a second or a third son/daughter, I would retain my title as an heiress, and my soon-to-be husband/wife would join our family instead of me joining his family.

However, the opposite happens when I marry the firstborn son or daughter. I will release my title as an heiress and join their family.

My father is not too strict regarding my partner if it is the first option. However, when it was the second option, he was even more strict than my etiquette teacher.

Gwyndolin Cunningham is one of those people he approves of. The Cunningham family is one of the oldest families in the entire kingdom. Not only that, but they are also the richest family in the southern nobles, beating us in recent months.

That alone made other nobles' families drool, but it did not stop there. Gwyndolin is also one of the most powerful young men in the entire southern territory or even the kingdom. On his noble duty, he rescues, heals, and helps over thirty villages and ten cities.

Among those cities is Linton, the city where my family rule.

Recently, many wild animals have gone rampage, and many commoners have gotten hurt. We did not know the reason why they had gone rampage, but father had already sent someone to investigate it.

The animals stay in the forest for now, and as long as the commoners do not encounter a large animal, they are good.

We are lucky that Heir Gwyndolin comes with his men and helps all injured people.

"Silvanna? Are you ready, dear? Heir Gwyndolin has arrived."

"Coming, mom!"

When I open the door, I see my mother greet me with a smile. Yuliana Bexter is one of the most beautiful women in the world. Even when she reaches her thirty and three children, she still has a body many will envy. She has a natural seductive expression that makes many men shiver and a smile that makes their faces look like a tomato.

"Look at you! You look like a goddess!"

"It is because I got this from you, mother."

"Fufufufu~ Now, come on. We cannot make the guest wait."

"Of course."

We walked to the dining hall together. While walking, I look at my mother and smile a little. I can see her magic dancing around her. I have a talent called [Aura Reading]. I can see someone's aura and guess what kind of talent they have and how powerful they are.

Mother has a talent called [Pyromancy], which makes her aura fiery red and dances around her like a fire.

Some of the talents are weird. Father has a talent called [Color Intuition]. It lets him know if something bad will happen if his vision changes to red. It sounds like a weak talent, but it lets him survive a lot of danger because he can see the future in fifteen minutes.

Just like two months ago, he and his men were dealing with a monster nest. He and his men are about to enter the cave, but before they enter, father's vision changes to red, and it warns him about the danger if he gets inside the cave.

Later, he knew the monster had set a trap to lure them inside the cave.

Anyway, what is weird about him is that his aura is not outside of him. His aura is located around his brain and eyes. It is weird.

"Silvanna, are you ready?"

I snap from my thoughts when I hear my mother's voice. I nod my head and say.

"Yes. I'm ready."

"Good."

When my mother opens the door, I can see my father, Adrian Baxter, having a conversation with a young man in front of him. This young man is Gwyndolin.

Before introducing myself, as a habit, I look at the guest with my talent activated. However, I was not prepared for what I saw in front of me.

I can see a massive tree that pierces the sky above Gwyndolin. The tree is so massive that it can cover the entire world. Surrounding the tree is a sea of stars, dancing and moving around it. I can see twelve stars that create a creature.

I can see a ram, a bull, two small children, a crab, a lion, a figure of a woman, a scales, a scorpion, a human and horse hybrid, a goat, a mermaid, and two fish dancing around.

It was…

"Beautiful."



14.6k words / 20k words

Happy New Year!

Sorry for the late update. New Year party gets a little bit overboard and end up waking up in a bush a few kilometers away from my home with only a boxer and a bowtie for some reason. Anyway, enjoy the chapter.

Hey, I have Patreon, where you can read my other works or go to my Paypal to encourage me to write this novel more! For every $2, I will write 1k words chapter, and for every $1, I will add 500 words more. I will try to write as fast as possible and then post it immediately. I will not force anyone to donate, as you spending your time reading my fic is enough for me. Have a good day!

218