Chapter 29
5.1k 14 175
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

|3rd POV|

Sitting behind a massive round table is a group of people wearing a cloak that covers their faces. They are currently waiting for someone.

After a few seconds of waiting, a man wearing a regal robe appears and takes a seat on the throne. As he takes a seat, the others stand up and bow to the man. With a wave of his hand, the others take their seats.

"Let's start this meeting with a report. Let's hear it from the people that take care of the Gipan Kingdom."

"That would be me, Your Holiness."

The one who stands up is a man wearing a black cloak and holding a staff made of human bones. He has a bald head and blood-red eyes that shine sinisterly.

"Ah, Terax. Go ahead, tell us the situation in the Gipan Kingdom."

"Of course, your holiness. The plan for the Gipan Kingdom is going smoothly, your holiness. We have more than half of nobles signing their souls to our cause. The relationship between the south and the northern nobles gets even worse than before."

"Good. The northern noble of the Gipan Kingdom will not be a problem. They think that they have the fang but they are nothing more than an old dog who lost all its claws and teeth. Even their so-called finest knight is nothing but a glorified training dummy. The only problem is the southern people, the only reason why the Gipan Kingdom still stands to this day. Good work. Anything you want to report?"

"Hmmm, there is one thing I think you need to hear, your holiness."

"Oh? Speak."

Terax nods his head and says.

"One of the nobles asked the Underworld Guild to curse the southern land."

"Keep going."

"I use the [Human Sacrifice: Curse of the Damned] curse. A rather powerful curse. However, even after I place a rather powerful undead to protect them, all of the cursed anchors are destroyed."

"Oh?"

"Yes. The Undead Skeleton I place to guard the cursed anchor is defeated, not a complete destruction."

There are reasons why the undead skeletons are well-known as hard targets to put down. Unless their entire body gets entirely destroyed, they will keep coming and sometimes regenerate for a certain undead skeleton.

The only way to put them down is to extract their negative energy from their body. Negative energy is what makes them alive and, if taken away, will kill them. However, negative energy is a volatile energy that attacks a living being.

Anyone who tries to extract the negative energy will experience a painful backlash that can even kill them.

"I see. That is troubling. Who is the one killing them? Are they from the church? As much as they are full of corruption, they are still one of the most powerful obstacles we have in our way."

"No, Your Holiness. The one who defeats all the skeletons is Gwyndolin Alexander Cunningham."

"I see. The Cunningham Family, huh?"

The man who sits on the throne looks at the ceiling with a frown on his face.

"Why always that family? Even after three hundred years, they are still a thorn in my way. No matter."

The man looks at Terax and says.

"I will be the one dealing with that accursed family and I will let you use their body and soul to make an undead."

Terax looks at his lord in happiness and bow.

"Thank you, Your Holiness!"

"Will this be a problem to the plan?"

"No, Your Holiness. It even speeds up the second stage of the plan, Your Holiness. The puppet is getting desperate as his income gets lower and lower every month. With a little push, we will be able to start the second stage."

"Good. Make sure it happens. Keep whispering into his ears and make the puppet make a stupid decision that we can use to accelerate the second stage of the plan."

"Of course, Your Holiness."

The man nods and looks at the woman sitting next to Terax.

"Now, let me hear the progress we have in the Luzia Kingdom?"

The woman smiles and says.

"All is according to the plan, Your Holiness. Soon we will have an impregnable base for our operation. Soon the seeds will spread and kill all the people in Luzia and we can replace all of them with a puppet for our army."

"Good. How long will it take?"

"The seed will spread and get deeper into the population in half a year, Your Holiness."

"Half a year, huh? Can you speed it up?"

"I can do that, yes. However, it will weaken the process and make some of the stronger victims survive."

"Tch. We cannot allow that. Very well. We will wait half a year for it to settle."

"Of course, Your Holiness."

"Good. Keep the good work and our lord shall reward you."

The woman beams at him and sits back down. The man nodded his head and got up from his throne. When he gets up from his throne, the other follows suit.

"My people! We have been waiting for the day of our lord's resurrection! We will make the world bleed and from the sea of blood he shall rise!"

After he says that, the other roar in approval, and the man grin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Thank you for taking care of us, Lord Baxter."

"No. We should be the ones thanking you and your companion, heir Gwyndolin. You helped us a lot for the past two weeks."

I smile at him and nod my head. I then look at Silvanna and give her hand a gentle kiss.

"Good bye for now, heiress Silvanna."

She nods her head and says.

"Yes. Be careful out there, Heir Gwyndolin. May the Goddess shine her blessing into you."

I nod and return to my companion, where we continue our journey. While marching, Julian walks to me and says.

"Young master, will we still use the same plan? To the north and then go east?"

"Yes. We will still visit the village in the north to make sure they are okay. We will not stay there for long. A day or two days at maximum will do. Why? Do you want us to take a detour?"

"If you are willing, young master."

"Oh? Why?"

"I hear from the people in Linton city that they see a suspicious movement happen near the border between Baxter territory and the Luzia kingdom."

"An army?"

"The villagers say it was not an army, they don't think so. The hunter who investigates the area says that the footprint is not a footprint of a group of people. It was an individual person."

"I see. I wonder why Lord Adrian did not say anything about this."

"I think he did not want to rely on us to solve all of his problems, young master."

"So he hid it, huh? Good work, Jullian. Do you know where it is?"

"Yes, the hunter gave me the map."

Jullian gives me the map, and I look at it for a few seconds before nodding my head.

"Very well. We will check that area and see if there is no problem."

I wonder what is going on. As far as I know, that area is empty. The treaty between Japan and Luzia kingdoms says there should not be a village, town, or city within ten kilometers of the border between the two kingdoms.

If there is a movement in that area, it is either a spy or an army marching. A spy should not leave any trace behind, and if what Jullian said is correct, then it was not an army because there are only a few footprints on the ground.

Maybe a poacher? That is a good assumption. That area is filled with good games to hunt.

Oh well. We will know about the situation when we arrive there.

Hey, I have Patreon, where you can read my other works or go to my Paypal to encourage me to write this novel more! For every $2, I will write 1k words chapter, and for every $1, I will add 500 words more. I will try to write as fast as possible and then post it immediately. I will not force anyone to donate, as you spending your time reading my fic is enough for me. Have a good day!

175