Chapter 30
4.2k 11 163
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When we arrived there, I could see the air had changed. Since I overlooked a curse in Linton city, I started wearing one of my most powerful accessories. It was a ring, and it was called [Ten Ring of Solomon].

And yes. As the name suggests, I need to wear all ten of them. Lucky for me, the ring can camouflage and blend with the skin of my finger.

I got these rings from a Boss Raid. The boss is called [Satanas, Seven Deadly Sin]. It was a demon–type boss with a massive DPS and Life Steal. My guild is lucky to have me in the fight because I can clean all the DPS effects like [Burn], [Curse], and [Poison]. That effect takes a percentage of someone's Max HP rather than a fixed number or percentage of someone's current HP. Tank is next to useless in this boss if there is no Cleansing Support in the party.

Anyway, the ring has an effect called [Solomon's Wisdom]. It lets me know if there is a curse or any kind of debuff affecting me (Even the hidden one), know how to cure them, and know how to find the source of the curse.

When we arrived here, I quickly knew something was happening in this place. [Solomon's Wisdom] is active and tells me we are passing some sort of barrier.

"Prepare to fight."

"Eh?"

Jullian looks at me with a surprised expression while Sonia nods her head. Of course, she will notice it.

"We just pass a barrier. It was a notification barrier. That barrier will notify the owner that we just got inside the barrier."

"I see."

Jullian nods his head and takes out his sword. The other follows suit. I look at Sonia and say.

"Sonia, where is the source of the mana coming from?"

"That"

Sonia and I lead while the other makes sure we are not ambushed. We continue to walk deeper into the forest, and I can feel the mana get thicker. After walking for another minute, we arrive at what looks like a temporary shelter for a group of people.

I can see ten people walk out of the shelter with what looks like a makeshift spear made of stone and a chipped sword.

However, what catches my attention is their ears. They have long and pointy ears. They are elves.

"W-Who are you people? W-We did not want any trouble."

I order my men to lower their weapons, and I walk forward.

"My name is Gwyndolin Alexander Cunnigham. We come here not to cause any trouble. We heard on the news that the hunter saw a footprint on the ground. However, when the investigator sent by the lord of this territory comes back with a zero result, we know something is not right. Can I ask if it was your doing?"

The elder stayed silent for a second before nodding his head.

"Yes. I have a talent that makes them not notice this place."

I nod and say.

"Illusion-type talent I assume?"

The look of shock on his face confirmed my suspicion. I nod my head and smile at him. I already know about it. The barrier earlier had other functions other than the alert function. It is an illusion barrier that makes anyone passing it not see the village behind the elves.

Sadly, it has one major weakness. It will not work if the party already knows about the barrier. It was either because of a hasty construction or because the caster needed more experience making a barrier.

I have a feeling it was the former.

"Don't worry. I'm not angry. I'm just concerned. Not for me and the lord of this territory but for you."

"Concern for us?"

"Yes. This area is forbidden, you know? Not for visitors but rather for living places. You can get arrested and even executed if you are found to start a village in this place."

When they hear that word, I can see their pale faces get even paler. I quickly reassure them that I will not execute them.

"You don't need to worry. We come here not to arrest you. However, because of the law, we need to relocate."

I can see hesitation and fear inside the elder's eyes. Fear? Why? Why is he afraid? Did something happen? Before I can ask them, I can hear something grumbling. It is coming from one of the elves. It is his stomach.

I laugh a little and say.

"What about we eat first? I have a lot of food."

I take a lot of meat, vegetables, and fruit out of my inventory. I can see the elder think for a few seconds before nodding his head.

~A moment later~

I smile a little. In front of me is a group of elves and humans talking to each other with a smile. The elves hesitate for a moment, but they start to open up and accept us after a moment. I look at the elder and say.

"So, are you finally telling me the reason why you guys are here?"

The elder looked to the sky for a moment before saying.

"We are a peaceful people that live in the forest north of here. We only stay within our forest and never once disturb anyone. We even pay our taxes. However, it changes when the animals in the forest migrate south for some reason, and the plants start to die."

"Migrating? A monster?"

"We suspect as much. However, before we can even investigate, the lord of the territory comes to our village and accuses us of making all the animals run away and the plant die. Without asking for confirmation, he and his army start to kill our people."

He releases a sad sigh and looks me right in the eyes.

"You can see we only have a few men left after that attack. Most of the men helped us escape. What is left is the young, the women, and us, the old."

I look at the people in front of me, and I notice what he says is true. I can mostly see this village's old, young, and women. I cannot see young men among them.

"I see. Which territory is it?"

"We come from Your Duchy."

I grimace a little at that. Duke Yorim is a well-known bastard even in the south. The Yorim family is the closest Duke family to the southern territory; we get news from that place every month, and a lot of that news is not good news.

An accusation of r*pe, a murder of a noble family, and even a plot to kill a group of noble houses.

Yeah, Duke Yorim is terrible news. He is a spoiled child who has too much power in his hand and thinks anything in this world is his. I'm not surprised if the entire animal migrates to the south after he and his army hunt them down to appease his appetite for food.

I release a sigh and say.

"What about moving to our territory?"

"Pardon me?"

"My name is Gwyndolin Alexander Cunningham, and I'm the heir of the Cunningham family. We have an empty territory you can use to build your village. I can even help you build your village."

"You will?"

I smile at him, and with a wave of my hand, I grow a tree from the ground.

"I'm a [Druid], and as the [Nature's Herald] it is my duty to help a fellow [Guardian of Nature]."

I don't know how it works in this world, but in Second Life, [Nature's Herald] has the role of a leader of the entire race that has [Guardian of Nature] in their race, like Elves, Trent, and Nature Spirit.

I don't know what effect it will have on the elves in this world, but I hope it at least has the same effect as the one in Second Life, giving a full 20 favorability to Elves, Trent, and Nature Spirit NPC.

I blink for a few seconds when I see all the elves quickly run in front of me and kneel. Wait. What?

"I'm sorry, my lord! We welcome the Herald of Nature! The protector of the forest!"

Errr, did the effect get boosted? [Nature's Herald] is supposed to be a useless passive skill! Not a game-breaking skill like this!

163