Chapter 31
5.1k 32 153
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Please stand up!"

The elder and the other elves slowly stand up after I say that. I look at them for a second and say.

"Why are you guys kneeling? Can I ask why?"

The elder slowly walks near me and says.

"W-We can feel it, my lord."

"Feel what?"

"W-We are the creatures of nature and we can feel your connection to nature, my lord. We can feel mother nature makes you hur herald. That makes you our lord, the leader of all nature creatures."

Yikes. Not only the effect, but the lore also comes into this world. I need to be careful about showing it. The elves can feel it after I cast some spell. That means as long as I don't cast any druid-related spell, I'm good, huh? I'm good if I don't use it in front of a nature-based creature.

However, what about my [Astrologian] class? I shake my head and let it stay deep in my mind. I will think about it later.

"I see. I don't know if I can be a good lord to you guys. I'm still learning how to be a good lord but I will make sure you guys get taken care of."

I can see the elder look at me for a second and see his eyes start to tear up. Without giving me a chance to ask what is happening, the elder starts to cry.

"Eh? What? What happened?"

I walk toward him and pat his back, trying to make him stop crying.

"Are you okay?"

"I-I'm just so happy. I'm disappointing my ancestors for letting my people die in vain. Thank you, my lord. Thank you for taking us."

What have they gone through to cry like this? I have a feeling he did not say more about their past. I will ask them later when they open up to me a little more.

"No problem. However, I must inform you that we still need to journey to Cunningham territory. The journey will be dangerous but we will make sure you guys are safe."

The elder bows to me once again and says.

"Thank you! Thank you, my lord!"

I smile and help him get up.

"No need to thank me. For now, you guys need to rest and let us heal your wound."

I look at my companion and see they already have a makeshift treatment room. I nod my head and say.

"Alright! I'm sorry to ask you to stop eating but can you guys make a line? I will heal and cure all your illness and wounds."

~Two days later~

"Pardon me?"

"Teach us how to fight, my lord!"

I look at the group of people bowing at me.

"You guys want to join the training?"

One of the young elves walks forward and nods her head.

"Yes, my lord. We don't want to be a burden to you and your companion! We want to learn how to fight and help you."

"It will be hard, you know? We train to the point of puking. We train to the point of our body breaking. Your body will break and you will cry, are you okay with that?"

"Yes!"

To my surprise, she is not the only one with those eyes. The others have it as well. The eyes fill with determination. The eyes who want to improve. Impressive. I look to the side and see Jullian nod his head in approval.

Heh. Of course, the training maniac agrees with them. If not for my potion and healing spell, he would be dead because of overworking his body.

"Very well. You can join us tomorrow morning. For now, you guys need rest. Tomorrow morning will be a hard day for you guys."

"Yes, my lord! We will not disappoint you!"

I smile at them and see them walk out of my tent. I look at Jullian and say.

"How long do you think they will last?"

Jullian thinks for a few seconds and says.

"I think they will survive the harsh training, my lord. They have those eyes. The eyes of the hopeless people. The eyes of someone who found the stars that give them the light. They did not want to make the stars disappointed in them and they will do their best to make the stars keep shining on them."

Huh? Since when did Jullian use that kind of word? You are supposed to be a direct and blunt kind of person! Not too long ago, you called Lord Baxter ugly when he followed a weird trend happening in the city.

I can still remember Lord Baxter's face when you said that. I feel sorry for him.

"I see."

"And I think we should use my training for them."

"What?! Are you crazy? They will die."

Jullian raises his finger for a second before putting them down. Yeah, that's right. At least you're self-aware that your training is borderline insane. I look at his ankle and see a small ankle cuff. That cuff is my invention.

It was a combination of both this world magic and Second Life magic. I manage to create a gravity cuff that can increase the gravity around someone up to a thousand percent of this planet's gravity.

At the moment, he has three times the planet's gravity around him. He fights with a handicap, and he still can beat the shit out of the other soldier.

"Papa"

I snap from my thoughts when I look at Sonia, who is sleeping on my lap, opening her eyes.

"Yes, Sonia?"

"Can I also train?"

"Hmmm? You already train with us, you know?"

"No. I want to learn how to heal."

"You want to be a healer?"

"En. Like papa."

I smile at her and give her a head pat.

"Sure. I will train you."

"En!"

She gets up and hugs me tightly. Man, why does she get this clingy? Since we departed from Linton city, she kept trying to hug me every time she had a chance. She is also always glaring at Silvanna.

Wait! Is she jealous of her? That must not be it, right?

I shake my head and forget about it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|Sonia - The Unofficial Daughter of Gwyndolin Cunningham|

"Don't force your mana. Let it flow. Let it gently flow through your hand, and imagine the spell you want."

I nod my head and follow papa's instructions. Slowly, I can feel his hand healed. I don't like when papa uses his hand to teach me healing spells, but he insists it is the best way.

I don't like seeing papa bleeding. I don't know why but my heart hurts when I see him bleed like that.

"Good. You are doing great, Sonia."

I smile when I feel his warm hand touch my head. I like that. I like his warm hand. I want him to keep touching my head. I want to feel his entire body on me. I want him to always hug me. I don't want anyone to have him. He is my papa and no one else.

I don't like that woman touching papa. She is too close to him. I don't like her. I think papa calls her Silvanna. She is bad. Bad. I don't like her.

"Sonia?"

I quickly look at papa and see him looking at me with a worried expression. Don't do that, papa. I don't like that expression! Smile! I like when you smile.

"Are you okay?"

"En"

Papa looks at me for a few seconds and sighs.

"Are you jealous, Sonia?"

"Mu?"

Jealous? What is that?

"Jealousy is when you feel like you see something or someone and feel like you should be the one having it."

I look at papa and nod.

"En"

I don't like it. I don't like when that woman is hugging papa. I don't like the feeling when I see someone hugging him. I don't like when people thank papa by embracing them, but the feeling is stronger when that woman is hugging papa.

I don't like it.

"I see."

He sits next to me and says,

"You don't need to get jealous, you know? I will never leave you."

"Really?"

"En. I will always be your papa. However, there is a time where I need to make my own family."

But we are already a family!

Papa looks at me and smiles a little. He put on a smile that looked like he already knew what I was thinking.

"We are a family, Sonia. You, me, father and mother are a big family. However, I also need to make my own family. Just like how my mother and father married and gave birth to me, I will also need to search for a wife to give birth to a new generation."

"T-Then I will be your wife!"

He looks at me for a second and laughs. He pats my head and says.

"Of course, you are, Sonia. Anyway, that is for today's training. I will be back in the tent, okay? We will continue to train tomorrow."

Papa walks away, leaving me behind. I look at the ground for a second and then nod my head. Papa says I will be his wife, and I know I can trust him! I will do my best! I will beat that woman! I will keep papa's warm to myself!

I will not let her have him!



Sorry for the late Bonus Chapter! Busy with work and other IRL problems.

Words: 1.5k / 3k

Hey, I have Patreon, where you can read my other works or go to my Paypal to encourage me to write this novel more! For every $2, I will write 1k words chapter, and for every $1, I will add 500 words more. I will try to write as fast as possible and then post it immediately. I will not force anyone to donate, as you spending your time reading my fic is enough for me. Have a good day!

153