Chapter 44
2.8k 8 100
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

|3rd POV|

People are dancing, cheering, and even kissing each other.

Today is the day of celebration. After three days of mourning for the people who died in battle, the king of Luzia declared they would celebrate for two days straight. Today is the last day of celebration and when Gwyn has free time.

Even after declaring it is time for celebration, he still has the job of giving antibiotics to all the people of the Luzia kingdom. Of course, he still gets out of his lab every now and then, but he does not focus on celebrating, and he is not alone.

Princess Hilda decided to stay with him and ensure he ate and drank enough.

"You know, you don't need to stay with me. It is a pretty dull job."

For the first few hours, he spent time reading and testing the new recipe for the antibiotic. With the help of [Solomon's Wisdom], Gwyn made a new drug for the people. This medicine will cure them completely. Even destroying all the parasites inside their body.

It was a pretty dull job, and Hilda accompanied him through.

"I can't do that, Gwyn. I can't just leave our savior alone in his lab while he is trying to help my people after defeating a Monster Wave."

"Haaa… If you say so."

Both of them walk through the street. Gwyn looks at the stall around him, and his eyes land on one food stall. He walks to it.

"Excuse me? Can I get one Grilled Crab Leg, please?"

"Oh my~ Lord Gwyn! Of course, please take as many of them as you want! Free of charge!"

"You don't need to do that, you know? I will pay."

"Ah! No, I can't do it, my lord! You are our savior!"

"Shhhh! Just get me two of those and take these."

The owner tries to say more, but Gwyn takes two grilled crab legs and puts a golden coin on the table. He ignores the owner, telling him that the money is too much, and walks to Hilda, who is laughing at the display in front of her.

"You know, one gold coin will feed him and his family for a month, right?"

Gwyn gives her one of the crab legs and says.

"I don't really care. I like crab and I like to have it everyday."

"Really? You like it that much?"

"Yup. There is a vendor in Shadowfell that sells seafood."

"Really? Shadowfell is a landlocked territory, right? Is it fresh?"

"Relatively fresh. The owner says something about someone with a talent that ensures the food stays fresh a little bit longer."

"Really? That is a great talent to have when you are a merchant."

"Yes. If only the monster did not spawn in our territory as often, we would have a great trade route."

The Southern Territory of the Gipan Kingdom is an excellent source of raw material. Most of them are Iron, Tin, and Copper. This is one of the reasons why the Gokuya Kingdom wants to take over their territory.

That source of Iron alone is enough reason to conquer them.

"Hmmm, I wonder why your king never made a trade route between the north and the south."

"And piss half of the northern noble? No. They see us as a barbarian who only knows how to fight and decide to isolate us so we cannot spread our barbaric way to them."

"Truly? I never go there but my father said the same thing. They are too high of themselve. Father goes there to make an alliance but they make it as if he comes to them begging for their help. If not for your people, he will not go there."

"We are sorry."

She shakes her head and says.

"It is not your fault. It is their fault. Anyway, my father wants to make an alliance between your people and us. Sadly, we cannot do that as it will provoke the northern people."

"They are so full of themselve."

Gwyn can hear her chuckling.

Both of them continue to walk around the city and eat a lot of food. After exploring the city for an hour, they stop on the wall facing the massive mountain to the north.

"You know, I like this place."

"Really?"

"Yeah. It is peaceful. I know it is hard to live in this place because of how hard the land is, but it is peaceful, and the people are kind and willing to work together. It is just like home. People only have one thing in mind, survive. It sound not good but people are more honest to each other when they have only one thing in mind."

Hilda smiles at him and says.

"Sadly, even though we only want to survive, the same cannot be said for the royal family. Each day is political. Many noble want something from us, and it makes me sick sometimes."

"Ah, you have it rough, huh? I'm lucky my parents did not like politics and usually went straight to the point. The same principle many southern nobles use. We don't like subtlety. If we want something, we say it."

"That is nice…."

They stay silent for a few minutes, enjoying the cool breeze and each other's presence.

"Can I ask you something, Hilda?"

"Of course."

"You are not the only child, right?"

"Yes."

She has a feeling she knows where this is going.

"Can I ask where they are?"

"My oldest brother is studying abroad. He is currently on the Western Continent, studying in one of the most famous academies in the world. Academy, where he will train as the best swordsman in the kingdom. The same with my second and fourth brothers. However, they study different subjects. My second brother studies economy and trading while my fourth brother studies magic."

"Oh? Really? That is great. What about you? Don't you want to study abroad?"

She shakes her head.

"No. Not really. Before you say something, my parents are not the ones telling me to stay here. I'm the one choosing to be here. People of the Luzia kingdom never see their heir, and to compensate for that, I decided to stay here and get to know the people. I don't want them to think that we are distant people. I want them to think that we are a close royal family. Someone they can rely on and someone who will protect them."

Gwyn holds himself from pointing out the flaw in her plan. The noble will see her as an obstacle to the prince they support. He read a lot about it in novels and history books. Especially in a society that lets women be rulers, her behavior threatens many people in the game.

"I see. So, what do you want to do now?"

"Now? I will help the people in the city. After that? I think I want to explore the world. Maybe visit Shadowfall after all of this is over."

"Then I will welcome you with an open arm."

"Promise?"

She raises her pinky finger. Gwyn smiled and put his pinky finger around hers.

"I promise."

"Good! Come on! There are more stalls I want to show you! After that, we can visit the bathhouse!"

Gwyn can only smile and follow her.

100