Part 1; Chapter 7: Ticket to Ride
240 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Black Bloodstains 
Chapter 7: Ticket to Ride.

“Again!” Shouted Floyd from the top of her lungs. I landed heavily on the ground, my body covered in sweat, I’m using my lungs like never before, and I was exhausted. I have been all day training, learning, or suffering depending on your point of view, with this pair of fuckwads. First with the pretty boy of the school, and then with this thing those men would use for ‘research purposes.’

It has been a hectic and exhausting day with the primary purpose of learning how to manage my powers. Guess what? It’s very fucking hard to do! Not only that but there are different ways to use one’s abilities. This was the main reason I needed two teachers! You got the obvious Harry Potter stuff, which involves casting spells and such. And there is also something I never knew that could be possible. 

Meeting my old classmates was also kind of weird. Mainly with Shawn. He knew me by the person and has a clear grasp of who I am, or how I used to look like. He made fun of me after Alice left the room. Turns out… He was also dead, but he can sort of continue studying at school. Alice had killed him like four years ago, and ever since then, he had worked for her. 

He still goes back home with his family, the best part of him is that he will grow old slower than the rest! Alice had drowned him after a swimming session, thus granting the ownership of Shawn to her, and he had pretty much the same experience as I did. He went to the city, got sick, puked all over the place, etc., etc., etc. But he didn’t blow up the fucking thing while his powers were revealed. They turned out to be the complete opposite of white, blue, so light and mine and water.

I would never have related medieval combat with ghosts and magic. You never see slimmer wielding some sort of chain mace. It turns out we do have weapons! Individually for each of us, like an actual extension of our body. We use our energy to invoke them; this creates a weapon 100% related to the person’s energy, thus becoming an extension of itself. This way everyone has an individual piece of weaponry. 

“This way there isn’t an overpopulation of swords and bows,” Shawn said. Kind of a hypocritical comment, since seconds later some sort of sword appeared on his hand. His sword was kind of weird, it began strait and ended within a little curve. The front had more blade than the back. I’ve seen that kind of weapon before, in a Snyder film, but I’m not sure which was it. 

He thought that he could teach me the basics of sword-wielding. But… It turns out I don’t have a standard weapon or one that I’ve seen before. A blade came out from both of my forearms. They were long and pointy, touching the ground if I put my entire arm to rest, they weren’t just straight, they were thick and fat at the start, then had a part which was thinner, and ended with a sharp arrow-like figure. It had a hook on the lower portion; it wasn’t as long and occupied the smaller part of the blade. 

He couldn’t teach me what he wanted to show me, but he still made me run laps and exercise. Something I’m very accustomed to, so I didn’t have a lot of trouble. And we started a few combat lesions, these were straightforward, the basics of it. Just to get me used to the new can openers in my forearms. 

Rosie was a completely different situation. Instead of physical training, it was more of mental and shit inside my mind stuff. She could at least teach me the basics on magic since both of us can use them. Turns out… it’s a hard thing to do. You don’t shout words and twist a piece of stick around. You think and concentrate on your inner energy. You’ve seen those Chinese monks focus on their chakra and things like that? I had to do that in my first class! 

Since I am energy, I’m the one who can manipulate it; I’m the only one who can do something with my power. So I must concentrate on using it, and control how it moves in my body, inside and outside of it. Have you ever tried to use the force as a kid? Or to transform into a super Saiyan? Do that shit like ten times the concentration, and you know what I fell like. 

It was easy to let my energy out, very fucking easy, but controlling was a completely different situation. Try to turn off a forest fire, by just blowing it out. Rosie’s training consisted of concentration, and it also involved a lot of pain into it. The energy I used, if I don’t concentrate on it correctly, will hurt my own body. The entire right sleeve of my shirt disappeared. This is the reason that I was send flying, the orb I was trying to make bursts up and explodes, sending me several meters in the air, and hitting the ground harshly. 

I stood up slowly, my arms trembling of exhaustion. My face is all sticky sweaty, as well as my entire body. Dirt and grass have stuck to me, my chest expanded due to my heavy breathing. My legs can barely support me; they trembled as soon as I laid all my weight on them. There are pieces of sticks were stuck in my hair, which is covering my left eye. Most of my clothing is ripped, and I have some scratches in several parts of my body. 

“Scott! How are you planning to serve us if you can’t make a simple orb? Try again!” She shouted mocking me. I was angry, mad, I wanted actually to do this, and I needed to do it if I want to shut this girl’s mouth. I concentrated again on my hand, letting all of the energy free on it. Like a flame, it lights up, immediately, more significant than my height. I began to feel the burning sensation on my hand, slowly extending to the rest of my arm.

I close my eyes and concentrate on the big piece of energy in my hand. I picture it slowly engulfing itself, closing, creating a ball. Step by step I do this, from top to bottom. Focusing on creating a flat orb, no bumps or pieces that stick out, it has to be perfect so it can… 

BAM

The ball exploded in my hand, sending me flying to a nearby tree. My back hit it first, and then I landed face first to the ground. My whole body was in pain; not even the hardest training I’ve made can be compared to this. I remained in the field for a while, trying to catch my breath. I ignored whatever comment Rosie told me. I did the same thing, I stood up slowly, pulled some hair out of my face, planted my feet in the ground and concentrate on making the orb. 

This time I didn’t close my eyes, I was mad, tired, and exhausted. I stared intensely at the energy I had in my hand, concentrating on creating the orb. I saw it slowly morphing into a ball, ignoring the pain and the exhausting. I have one goal now, and I had to do it. I didn’t even notice when the orb had finally formed, but a shout from Rosie made me see it. It was perfect; it looks that it could also bounce, I did it!

I stopped sending energy to my hand, making the sphere disappeared. I let myself fall to the ground; never the grass has felt so comfortable, I could fall asleep on top of it. I felt something rubbing my back, not sure what it is. “Good job kid, you did it faster than me,” Rosie said. “Come, we need to head back home.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Water was slowly drifting down my body. Never had a shower felt so good. Even if it wasn’t as warm as I wanted it to be, it still felt amazing. Not also the fact that my body is entirely different mattered. Breasts, curves, legs, nothing of that mattered. The water over my skin felt delicious. I was tired, exhausted to be exact. But this felt good, oh boy this felt good. I was even in the ground, letting the water hit my body. 

I looked at my hands, so different from before. Small, thin, quite petite, the same with the rest of my body, it’s bizarre to be seeing this. I stayed inside the shower for a while, thinking of everything, not sure where I’ll be next. Alice did mention that she had a mission for me. Bring a specimen… Would she mean that I would need to kill somebody? 

I slowly stood up; I had already been in the shower for quite a while. And I don’t want to know what would happen if the water bill turned out too big for this month. I stepped out of it, grabbing a nearby towel to dry myself up. However, I can’t dry myself like I used to do it before. My skin soon gets irritated, and it hurts, so I had to pat on my skin slowly. 

Laurie gave me a new set of clothing before I entered the bath, like before, very healthy and casual outfit. Jeans, a shirt, and a jacket. The whole panties and bra is still an issue. The panties feel good; they’re very comfortable, and the bra helps rather than bothers. 

With my hair still wet I stepped out of the bathroom. Maybe I had the water way too hot; a lot of steam came out of the room when I opened the door. Alice, Laurie, Shawn, Rosie, and dead girl number 5 were sitting in the living room, waiting for me. How many people had Alice killed? What is wrong with her? Since this is the only thing I can do, I slowly walked towards them, sitting in a spare chair that was laying around. 

Alice, who was reading a book spoke up, not removing her gaze from whatever she was reading. “Great, everyone is finally here.” She slammed her book closed, and lay it on the table. “Well hello Elizabeth, how was your first training day?” I just looked at her, madly, pissed off. “I suspected you’d react that way. We don’t need a lot of introductions then! You already know both of my cuties here, you even had the chance to be the classmate of one.” 

“However.” She said in a louder tone. “You have no idea what’s the reason, of why I had chosen you. Where do I start…” She remained quiet for a moment, just staring at the ground, thinking. “Well, get the easy thing out of the way. We’re the ghost; you already know that and such; however, you don’t know how our society works. We’re like the human race from centuries ago, a noble family rules much of our governments, and only them get to have the power. We’re however more civilized, the king does have the last word, but there are councils and federal agencies that help him to decide, and to let the people participate.” 

“I don’t want to bore you with political facts and such.” She walked towards a shelf and brought a chessboard to the table. “I’m assuming you know what this is so I don’t have to continue. The most powerful is the one that gets to be in the throne.” She said pointing at a black square, in which a king appeared. “Since we live longer than usual, kings tend to be there for quite a while.” 

“We do however promote changes and such, so they decided that not only the most powerful has to rule, but also the smartest, and the one that thinks for the people. The way we measure this is quite different, we play a little game of chess!” She said in a very childish tone. “Our games of chess are different, not that there are different pieces or a different board. Tell me the details of a normal chess game in the human world.”

I lifted my left eyebrow and looked at her with a puzzled face. “A board of sixty-four spaces, in which two sides battle against each other. A total of thirty-two pieces, sixteen per side, each piece with a specific movement pattern, and different ways to get rid of the other player’s pieces. Each side gets eight pawns, two towers, two bishops, two knights, one queen, and one king. The point is to leave the opponents king, in such a way that no matter what he does, he gets eaten.” I sarcastically opened my hands. “You want me to tell you the way each piece moves or what?”

“No, that’s all I needed to hear.” She said responding to my sarcastic tone. “In our game rather than just leaving the king to die, we have to kill him.” She made the tips of her fingers touch each other, like a Bond villain. “That’s where you guys step in. Our pieces still consist of the typical king, queen, etc. But we don’t use pieces of wood; we use actual people. And rather than just taking the piece off the board, when two pieces collide, those pieces have to fight against each other, the one that wins is the one that remains on the board.”

“The pieces still have their specific attributes; they are different between each other of course. The king is the most powerful and the queen follows him. The rest is a completely different thing. Knights are completely related to speed and combat; knights tend to use weapons rather than magic. Magic is the job of the queen and the bishops. The queen has more of aggressive and combat-related magic, while the bishop takes care of other units; they heal their wounds and buff them up. The tower is the physical force of the team, strong and powerful. They do use weapons, but they are rather big and heavy, or completely related to their fists.” She stared at all of us, taking a look around.

“I’m the king, and you are my pieces.” She said in a rather comical tone. “Rosie is my queen, Shawn is my knight, Laurie is my bishop, and Kalyn is my tower.” The blonde girl awkwardly waves her hand to me, blushing at the same time. I lifted my hand, to ask what kind of piece I am I, or why was I not on the list. “You… you are something else. Your power level, if you like to say it that way, is the one of a king. However, since there’s already a king here, you technically can’t battle normally.”

“Then why the fuck did you make me join your team?” I said in a little angry tone. “Wouldn’t it be more logical to get the rest of your pieces? You’re still missing eight pawns, and another knight, tower, and bishop. What’s the whole point of me being in your team if it is not even complete and I can not even play?”

“Our team is complete.” She said shutting me up. “Shawn has the power level of two knights, Laurie of two bishops and Kalyn of two towers. You still will be able to participate, until a pawn gets to the enemy base. And that’s your job for tomorrow. I want you to get me a level eight pawn. Not only that, but you’ll return to school as a normal teen would do. The box on your right contains everything you need, papers, books, clothes, etc. Tomorrow you’ll start school as usual. Inside the box will be everything you’d need to get the job done, you’ll use whatever they taught you today to kill the subject, which is also on the box inside a folder.” She stood up and began walking towards the room she always walks too. “Guys, could you please explain to her what to do exactly? Thanks.”

I completely ignored whatever she did afterward, and I continued to pick up the box and put it in my tights. It was a standard cardboard box, nothing special about it. Open it up the first thing was my password, opening it up it read ‘Elizabeth O’Connell” with my previous information and such. The birth certificate said the sad thing, but it used my ghost parent’s name with O’Connell at the end. 

“Geoff, I simply couldn’t imagine you looking like this!” Shawn said breaking the ice. “Alice already explain your whole backstory and…. Damn…” 

“Yeah, haha, I think the same way of you being a ghost. Maybe that’s the reason that you could catch up with me in everything.” I said in my sarcastic tone. I completely ignored him and continued on my search of the box. Inside there was the horrid school uniform, complete with shoes and stockings. Then the folder that Alice had mentioned. 

“Look, Geoff. We’re going to be partners now, we should at least try to get along.” Shawn said catching my attention. “I know we weren’t even friends before, hell! I could consider that we were some sort rivals. But now we are in this together, and we must work as a team to become the best.” 

I sighed and looked at him; I can barely stand the fucking optimism he always carries along with him. “You know how I always preferred to work alone and by myself,” I told him while I move my hair out of my face. Now that I notice, this black mane is constantly getting over my face, very annoying. “However.” I sighed again. “I guess you’re right, I have no fucking idea of how does this work, and you are the only people that can help me.” I opened the folder and noticed some scroll, with weird patterns painted on the paper. “Like… What is this for example?”

“Ooh! That’s the scroll you’re going to use for your job tomorrow.” Kalyn, the girl that I’ve never seen before, spoke up. He blushed to notice that I lifted my eyebrow after her response. “You see… We already know who is your target, and we prepared for you a plan and everything. Inside the folder, there’s a picture and a name of who you are going to… you know… kill…” 

Why would this girl be so nervous? Did I say or do something? Whatever…. I continue opening the folder, and I take out the picture of… “You got to be fucking kidding me…” 

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

“Shit! Shit! Shit! Please, God, don’t make the teacher close the door!” I shouted while running through the halls of a school. I still have the toast that mom made me this morning on my mouth. I forgot to put the alarm on again! And if I get one single more delay, I’m going to be toast! The morning was a fucking rush! I could barely put on my uniform this morning! After the sun woke me up I took the quickest shower I’ve ever had, I barely have the suit put on; my hair is a mess, The first thing has to do on recess is to go to the bathroom and get myself presentable.

‘I’m getting closer, closer, closer… There it is! Room 1319! And the door is still open! Fuck yeah I made it!’ O fuck… it’s closing! “Please let me in! Don’t close it!” I shouted as I ran as fast as I could. I knew I had no chance so I slide on my back so my feet don’t let the door close. “Please let me in Miss Trackfield! My clock didn’t wake me up this morning!” 

I feel the pressure leaving my feet, and I look up to see the teacher, with her old wrinkled face looking disappointed at me. “Get inside Sam!” She shouted at me as I stumbled to get up. “You’re lucky we’re presenting a new student of the class. If it weren’t for that you wouldn’t have entered my class! Now go to your seat!” I barely noticed the person standing in front of the room, as I muttered something between my teeth and walked towards my seat. 

My friend Steve greet me in the way, I fist bump him as I sat down on my seat. I re-organized my clothing, and then… And then I think I fell in love. Everything on her was… amazing. She’s probably as tall as me, perhaps just a little shorter. She doesn’t have the boobs, but the way her curves show up in the tight girl’s uniform jacket makes up for it. Her legs look long and soft, smooth and perfect, and the way the girl’s skirt covers them up, in the line between formal and sexily enticing, accentuate them more. Not even the black knee-high socks prevent me from admiring those godlike totems. 

And her face! God damn her fucking face! Her hair, her luscious, silky black hair. Dark as a night with a new moon, the stars making it shine perfectly, reaching right below her mid back, just above her curvaceous waist. She has perfect white skin, not a single wrinkle or freckle, red full kissable lips, placed perfectly in one of the greatest chin and cheekbones combination, extremely attractive that makes her small petite nose pop out seductively. Her eyes, big, long, bright red eyes.

WAIT! Red eyes!? I mean the iris, not the red type of eyes that you get when you’re sick, or you’ve watched a lot of tvs. Her irises are red! And they are in perfect balance with her eyes, perfectly big. But… “Red eyes?” I shouted without noticing it. Everybody turned around to look at me, I had thought out loud, and the worse part is that it is not the first time that it had happened! 

I was hiding between my stuff; I was so ashamed of doing that, even the girl, who must be the one who has to be embarrassed looked at me with judging eyes, judging red eyes. “Yes, it is a sporadic genetic disease. Not some sort of contacts.” She said coldly. Her voice pierced my ears, subtle, perfect for a girl — not that kind of annoying girly tone. Her hair gently began to cover her left eye; it gave a light emo detail to her. Not bad, not bad at all.

I barely listen to what the teacher said afterward. I think it was the reason why she was suddenly changing school, but I was lost in her, staring at her I couldn’t do anything else. When she noticed me she just raised her eyebrow, in a ‘WTF’ expression. I tried to cover it up by looking around as if I wasn’t staring. She then began walking towards me, her legs swooshing between each other. Does she have a thigh gap? What kind of underwear is she wearing? What color? 

She then sat down in the seat that used to be for some weird loner named Geoff something. He had disappeared like three days ago, but I don’t care about that! Who even fucking cares about him?! I had the perfect diagonal way to stare at her. I just needed to move my head a little and that’s it! Perfect vision of the right side of her face, as well as the perfect spot to admire her juicy legs. 

I completely ignored the lesson; I was interested in something way more fucking important, staring at this girl, which I have no idea of what her name is. She’s formal as fuck, carrying single colored notebooks, no cute animals, teen idols, one color. Same with her pen, simple cheap black and red bic pen. It also seems to be one of the smart girls, taking notes and constantly staring at the whiteboard. I stared at her during the entire lesson; not caring that I even took a single note. 

Even after the lesson had ended, I continued looking at her. She took out a book out of her bag and began reading it. I saw her as her left eye shifted from left to right, reading whatever the content of the book is. I felt a definite hit in my back, removing me from my trance. “Dude! Wake up! You passed out for the entire class or what?” My friend Eric told me, a skinny and nerdy looking fellow. Looking, only that, he has the same grades as I do. Big square shaped glasses, bucked teeth, acne all over his face, and a very weak thin body. 

“Yeah brah, is it because the way I crushed your ass last night on LoL?” My friend Frank said turning around from his seat. Frank also has some nerdish look, more in the weird fat guy kind of nerd. He’s not morbidly obese, but he is overweight. “You know what the bet was. Whoever wins, gets not only the mags but also the flash drive.” I just grunted, passing him our big loot crate we had made several days ago. 

We… are considered to be a little… weird. And we sort of are. We are a trio of very hormonal teenagers. Eric was having an entire collection of hentai books, while frank owns a special pillow… I just collect some figurines! And to be fair, I’m the coolest of the group! I’m neither fat or athletic; I have a reasonable looking face, as well as body — a bit longer hair, not something metalhead like, but long. My hair is brown, pretty standard. However, my eyes are weirdly great! They are either green or blue! Kind of cool! 

“Guys! I found the perfect spot to ogle the girl’s changing room.” Eric said graving my shoulder. “Today, first recess, I’ll meet you guys at the soccer field. If we are lucky, we might be able to sneak a peek of Rosie Floyd in her undies!” Eric said making a little dance. I just sighed and continued looking at my beauty reading her book. I wish I could see her on her undies…

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hate it! I can barely understand whatever these ancient monks tried to write on this fucking book! I slammed it close and put it in my backpack. I was all night trying to find a meaning for this piece of an old used tree! It’s not that it isn’t in English, or it is written in the le olde type of English. No! I can’t understand how to do the fucking magic control! Energy!

Not only that but I hate been here. Thankfully the first three blocks had passed already, and I was eager to leave this classroom immediately. Having to wear this uniform feels weird… It fits me perfectly, and I was astonished the way it look this morning when I tried it on. Also entering school as a completely different person is something very, very, strange. You know everything that happens inside, but not the other way around. For them I’m the new kid Elizabeth O’Connell, needing to start a whole new identity, taking notes in class and everything. 

I stood up and began saving everything in my backpack. Books, pencil cases, etc. While at the same time looking around the classroom. Same as always… The nerds at the front, regular guys in the middle, jocks and cheerleaders at the window, and creeps at the back. Yup. Everything is normal. I took a deep breath, thinking of the possible ways I’ll need to make so I’ll be left alone. Maybe the library? Nah, it might be a little too obvious… 

A light tap on my shoulder distracted me from my thoughts, so I turned around to face whoever was doing that. Lizzie, sheesh long time I haven’t said her name, greeted me waving her hand. “Hi! Um… Elizabeth right?” She said a bit nervously. I just nodded and tried to smile at her. I just lifted half of my lips. “I know how hard it can be being the new kid in the school. So I was wondering since you don’t know anyone around here, why don’t you come and have lunch with my friends and me?”

Ugh… Why did you put me in this situation! I can’t say no to her! She has her huge friendly smile on, and she’s genuinely the most beautiful person I’ve ever met! I tried to hide me… no, I decided to be social. “Yeah… I think you’re right… of course, if you don’t mind.” I said in my most friendly way possible. And as always my hair had to cover the left side of my face. At least I’m starting to get used to flipping my head like a maniac, so it gets out of there. 

“I obviously don’t mind you silly! Come!” She said grabbing my hand, and pulling me through the classroom. New note, girls tend to be more friendly between each other. Not once in my life had I thought that I would touch hands with a male, aside from greeting them. I guess it’s just more things to get used to… 

We walked through the school’s hallway, going down the staircase and such. We’re probably going to one of the gardens the school has. I can also notice something else, I think I shrunk when I got transformed. Lizzie is like, few inches taller than me, when I used to be quite taller than her. I hope she guides me somewhere where there isn’t a lot of sunlight. I don’t want to get dizzy and puke all over the place. 

Yeah, I can’t be in the sun neither. My dark gene makes me weak against it. But thankfully I no longer need to sleep, by just being in the dark my energy levels get recharged! So guess what I was doing last night! Apart from bored I started practicing using my powers. Letting my energy grow and shrink, and making easy things with the weird black fire. 

We got to the back side of the school’s cafeteria, a placed, thankfully, covered by the shadows of the other school buildings. It had several metal tables, as well as some little food machines. The closer we got the faster Lizzie began to walk, and few meters from one of the tables she released me and went running to hug her friends. “Hi girls!” She shouted from the top of her lungs. “I want you to meet someone, her name is Elizabeth and she’s the new kid at school.” 

I just slowly walked next to her, moving my fucking hair out of my face. I didn’t expect Lizzie was a friend of these two… “Elizabeth let me present you to…” 

Diana Romanov, A.K.A. the Amazonian. She’s this huge chick who has Russian heritage. She’s probably the tallest girl at school, reaching a height of 6.5; there goes the nickname of Amazonian. She’s very pretty, but at the same time intimidating; long bright blonde hair that reaches all the way to her lower back, amazing athletic figure, and with very attractive parts. She’s not very girly as you would expect, she has a tendency of being very rude towards guys, and there’s even rumors of her being a lesbian, and a street fighter. 

“And…” 

Penelope McAllen, A.K.A. Strawberry Shortcake. Kind of the opposite of Diana, she’s the average height of a girl, she’s very sweet and gentle, always being cheerful and happy for others, and you always see her caring any type of candy. Lollipop, sweets, anything, one day she even brought a cake to school. No one knows how she manages to eat all that amount of sweets and don’t have a glimpse of fat anywhere. She’s not fit, but she’s not at all fat. 

“Hello,” I said putting my hand in the air. I repeat, trying to be social, emphasis on trying, rarely I made a friendship apart from people I was forced to work as a team, so this kind of stuff is very rare to me. I have no idea what to do, so I greet them with a hug as Lizzie did? A simple handshake or… “Um… nice to meet you.” I said in a very calm way. My hair decided to cover my face again, this time I’ll let it, so he gets what it wants. 

“So you do exist! I thought you were some sort of rumor or things like that.” Diane said sitting in the table. In the table, not at. “Don’t blame me, who changes school at the middle of a year.” She took a bite of her apple as she said that. She has this aura of confidence around her, she’s not wearing her jacket, the sleeves of her shirt are fold up to her elbows, and the uniform’s tie is untied. 

“Yeah Elizabeth, you never told us why you changed schools.” Lizzie said sitting down next to Penelope. “Can you tell us please?” She pouted a little and began taking out her lunchbox. A bit girly but normal metal box. “Lopes did you brought something to share?” 

I began walking towards the only open spot at the table, right across Lizzie. I was careful to not let my skirt fold the wrong way, a lesson Laurie forced me to learn, sat with my legs glued to each other, and began taking out the simple paper bag with my lunch inside. Thankfully, like I prepared my lunch yesterday, I also prepared the perfect excuse of why did I change so suddenly schools. Since I just brought an orange I decided to use my actual backstory with a few changes here and there. 

“Well… It is a bit of a long story; you don’t mind right?” I said as I began to peel off the skin of the orange with my nails. They just shook their heads, happy to listen to a story while they ate. “You see, I come from this sort of low-income family from Boston. I lived with an older brother and a very hard to treat my father.” I already had half of the peel out of the orange, and I could see that I have all of their attention. “Turns out, they weren’t even related to me; when I was a tiny child, the crazy mother had snatched me away from my actual family. She was some demented lady that wanted a daughter very badly.” 

I was a quarter of the peel left when I made a small pause to breath, the three of them instantly said the typical ‘U-hu.’ When someone does these pauses. “I know that since last Friday, when a small swat team went to the house which I lived to arrest the mother and father. After that I was taken away, or rather back, to where I actually was supposed to be living at.” I took a deep breath and continued with my peeling and with my story. “I couldn’t handle that, I should feel lucky that my real parents are actually these big people from New York, both are big political figures. But…” I stammered a little with that word. “I couldn’t handle it, it was just too hard trying to talk friendly with someone you barely know, and who you barely have any relation to, apart from whatever a paper says.” I had no idea of what was happening to me, my breathing became heavier and faster. “So, so I asked to take a time away from them. And I moved here, with a family member.” 

I looked back up again at them. They had this look of shock on their faces. After that, I felt water running down my cheeks. I look down at the orange, and I could notice that I had destroyed it, filling my hands with pulp and water. I began to feel some of my energy fleeing my body, thankfully humans can’t see them, but they can still fill them. I didn’t want to cause a scene and destroy a building. So I quickly stood up and grabbed my backpack. “I better get my hands cleaned up… I-I’m sorry, see you later I guess.” I said as I ran off to the nearest bathroom to calm down. 

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Today was a perfect day! Not only I met the love of my life, but I managed to take a long good look at the girls in their undies! Yay me! But wait, there’s more, I manage to get the loot crate back from Frank! So I also have quite the entertainment ready for the rest of the day. This is life. I relaxed on the back of the wall as I waited for everyone to leave for the last class of the day. Like always, I sleep off most of the levels, so the day passed like fucking lighting! 

I picked up the bag and the loot crate as I began to walk out of the classroom. I had a smile from ear to ear, and walked like if I owned the world. Until I stepped out of the door, when I saw the love of my life leaning overlockers in front of the classroom. She began walking towards me, with a look of worry on her face. My hands began to sweat and my breathing became very heavy. I never had gotten so nervous this fast. 

She was playing with her hands nervously. “Um… Hi.” She slowly and worryingly. “As you know I’m the new kid in here, and it turns out that I’m missing several school books.” She took an intense breath and swallowed some saliva. “A teacher recommended me this bookstore that is nearby, that will most probably have the books that I need. The problem is… That I have no idea of how to get there.” I could see her blush and close her eyes. “Could you please guide me to this location?” She handed me a piece of paper that must be recycled or something that contained the address of a plaza two blocks away from here. 

OH MY FUCKING GOD! Is this a date! Did the love of my life just asked me out!? I knew we were meant to be together! “Yeah sure, I’ll take you there. “ I said smoothly and trying to keep a cool low tone on my voice. I read that some girls dig that. “My name is Sam Johnson, the pleasure to meet you.” 

I extended my hand so she would shake it. Her small petite hand slowly approached mine. “Elizabeth…” She looked to the ground and then up back at me. “You don’t have a problem by taking me there right? I’m sorry if I waste your time this afternoon, but I barely know how to get around here, and I don’t want to get very back with the classes.” 

“No problem!” I shouted at her happily. I then coughed and returned to my normal cool deep voice. “And it’s my pleasure to take you there.” I grabbed her from her shoulder and began walking outside the school. This is the,e best day of my life!

Holy shit! Not only she’s very fucking pretty, but she’s also one of the best listeners in the world! She giggled and laughed at most of my jokes, even at the weird geeky otaku ones! I want to marry her immediately. She also tickled me while we were walking, making fun shapes like circles and such on my back. She’s wonderful! We reached the small plaza like half an hour later. I took the long route to get there; I’m going so smooth right now! If I’m lucky, I can even get her phone number!

The plaza is beautiful, filled with flowers and even a small fountain in the middle of it. This is the perfect place to ask her out! Oh my god, I’m going to do it! Yes! “Um. Eli?” That’s the nickname she agreed for me to call her. “There’s a delicious place around here that sells ice cream! I’ll invite you one, what’s your favorite flavor?”

“Oh please no, I don’t want you to do anything else for me!” She said sitting next to the fountain. The way the water splashed her back made her look even more beautiful, even a small rainbow formed behind her. She’s… 

“I insist. Please let me.” I must act cautiously; my dating life, and probably my virginity is on the tightrope right now. 

“Well, if you say so…” She said blushing and putting a finger over her lips. “Could it please be of strawberry? It’s my favorite flavor.”

“Of course my angel, I’ll be back in a moment,” I said like a fucking gentleman. Sam! You have winning lottery ticket in your pocket. Now you have to cash it in!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Angel… For real? Is this guy serious? Not even I would say that! I felt wrong before; no I don’t have a single gram of guilt of stabbing this fucking dork. I mean! What was he thinking?! The entire way here he kept talking about his toy collection back at his house. Who would fucking do that!? And he kept thinking that talking with this deep low tone would make it sounds more attractive? I wasn’t laughing with him, I was laughing at him. 

Sigh* Well, at least the problematic part is done, I have to use the scroll and stab him in… I never thought of how I’m going to kill someone. This isn’t weird. Whatever, I did what Kalyn told me to last night. I’m surprised that that shy girl was the one who killed both Shawn and Rosie. She’s continuously blushing and always speaks with a low, quiet tone. 

The first step was done, I gave him part of the scroll which indicates who will be the one that it takes effect upon on. The stupid guy didn’t return the paper with the address of the local plaza. I know that this place has a small number of visitants each day, and the fewer people, the more time the scroll gives me to kill him. This paper has this particular function, which uses time itself to stop it. This way no one sees what I’ll do to him. It makes some sort of bubble that freezes time inside of it, and prevents people outside to see what happens inside. 

The hard part was to draw the fucking symbol on his back. I had to practice doing circles, triangles, satanic symbols, and squares so the fucking thing would work. I used my nail to draw the logo on his back; I had to act all lovable and cutsie daisy so he wouldn’t suspect a thing. I also had to pull the symbol of the house of Alice. That one was at least easier than the other, a big claw that is surrounded by a circle. Three claw tips are passing through the symbol. Nothing hard, but try to do it with this guy laughing and moving all the time. 

I take out the paper, placed my hand over it, and began sending some of my energy to it. Soon enough, a dark beam emanated from it, going up around 10 meters in the air. I saw how from the top the energy began to expand, and in less than a minute, that energy had gone all the way to the floor, making the dome. It stopped being black, and everything returned to normal. Everything was ready; with the help of Kalyn, we created a plan to kill him. Well… She was the one who made it, to be sincere. She’s good at planning this kind of stuff; it shows that she has done this before. 

“You first have to make him leave, so you have time to prepare and use the scroll.” She said to me yesterday. That thing is done for sure; now I have to. “Make some sort of distraction; you want your target to think of something else.” I left my backpack near the fountain and left a note that said ‘I’m going to the toilet, I’ll be back in a sec. :).’ I left the basin and walked to the border of the dome, this way I can see what he does. 

I saw him coming back with two ice-cream cones in his hands. He also had a sluggish happy face with his weird swaggy walk. I saw him reading the note, and sitting at the border of the fountain. I knew he was distracted when he began zoning out and looking at the sky. This was confirmed when one of the ice-cream balls fell off the cone. Afterward, I saw him trying to get the thing back to the cone, with his hand… It was the strawberry flavored one…

“Then you need to cause fear and doubt to your target. Make it get confused and wonder what is going on.” I looked at my arms and began using my energy to take the blades out of my body. Soon two 4 feet blades came out of my forearms, they look shiny and sharp, and I crossed them together and began to sharping them up. The sound it created could cut someone’s ear. I also learned another trick yesterday; I could engulf myself in my energy, so my body and my face get covered by this thick black fog. It still had the shape of a human being, but you had no idea what was inside of it. 

I began walking towards him, making sure that by dragging my blades, they produce as much sound as possible. The noise from metal rubbing with rock forced him to turn around and look at me. He had a look on confusion on his face; he probably had no idea of what was going on. I look down at my blades, and they were definitely intimidating, long, painted in a very dark black, and they even produced some sparks. 

“Make it doubt about your real intentions. The more frighten and the less it knows of what are you trying to make, the better.” I stood in front of him, letting him stare at me for a while. He began turning his head, trying to find a logical explanation of the thing he was looking at. I gave him my hand, to make him think that I come in peace. He tried to touch it, but my energy hurt his fingers, making him react immediately, hugging his hands. 

“Turn the whole thing around, make it know what your real intentions are.” With all my force, I did a frontal kick on his chest, sending him inside the fountain, hitting the concrete statue. He yelped in pain, the moment he hit his back. While he was still trying to figure out everything, I jumped to the border of the fountain. This way I could look down at him, seeing how he was all covered in water, moving as further away as he can from me, hitting the statue again. 

“Finally. You finish the job.” 

To be continued…

1