Chapter 20: [Lord-class I] True Unlife.
83 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This was truly a warm scene. The reunion of mother and daughter filled me with warmth for a moment… Before another kind of warmth came…

Cough, Cough… Madam Mary, could you please put on your clothes so we can talk?” I interrupted, visibly embarrassed, my little virgin heart couldn’t bear the sight, and all I could think of was the word ‘shaved’…

Although Mary is a young and beautiful woman, she’s already an Initiate Magus like me. From the documents I received from Artmer, it seems she was a prospect count, bastard daughter of the Veritas King, and the founder of the Low Terrace Lineage.

It seems 80% of the startup nobles come from an extra-marital relationship from a major household. Sometimes, it’s not uncommon for a great genius to ascend from a bastard to member of the main household.

Noticing me, Mary straightened herself, covering her body with the robe she was using before. Keeping Violet behind her, like a mother hen, Mary looked at me. Her eyes were so ferocious, that it seemed obvious she was Violet’s mother. Her pressure was a thousand times bigger than Violet’s… I still don’t understand why this killing intent doesn’t faze me? Shouldn’t this be the kind of thing that makes one paralyzed?

With a noble demeanor set, Mary spoke.

“Who are you, necromancer? And who’s your friend?” She said, without a hint of politeness, looking at me and sixth(‘s clone, that she sees instead of the space rift,) with caution.

“My name is Kyle Adley. I bought you and Violet as slave, although I do not intend of using both of you as so. I had an agreement with your daughter, that I would cure you for a price.” I said, but then paused when he killing intent increased tenfold. “Also, please don’t attack me. I have turned you into a ghoul, so I can still kill you if I want. I hope you won’t do something we’ll both regret.”

Mary didn’t seem to take the threat well, and her killing intent increased once again. But when I was starting to get too nervous to continue this conversation with coherent sentences, Violet saved me.

“Don’t worry mom. We can trust him.” She defended me, unexpectedly.

Both me and Mary were surprised. Why would Violet put in a good word for me?

“Why do you say so?” Mary asked.

“Because he looks like a pussy. A noble scholar than probably spent most of his life shut in on his office reading books and exercising his right hand, a waste of society that only stays alive because he has a surprisingly good brain in his head.” Violet described me in an incredibly accurate way with a grin in her face, although neither me or Mary knew where that came from… But that grin seemed familiar somehow.

Cough, Cough… Although it pains me to admit it… She has good eyes. I’m exactly like that.” I said awkwardly. Although my secrets(?) were revealed, that was a good thing.

A perverted and timid scholar(otaku) is definitely more trustworthy than a necromancer.

Mary nodded, still in guard but not as much as previously. It seems that as a war veteran, she can smell a coward as long as she maintains a clear mind.

“Kyle Adley…” She closed her eyes and deeply tried to recall the name. “I never heard of the Adley family, no, I am sure such name doesn’t exist within the central continent as a major family, so you must either be an upstart bastard or a small inheritor… But it’s still better than a peasant necromancer… However, you still haven’t explained your friend’s identity.” She analyzed and pointed out Sixth’s existence again.

Before I could make up an excuse, Sixth answered.

“Just an observer, I don’t interfere in mortal matters unless it’s interesting, so just keep up the conversation normally.” Sixth said, not concealing his godly status.

Mary was surprised for a moment, as anyone would be after seeing a god, but calmed herself instantly. (Because Sixth helped her to calm down.)

“I see… To be able to catch the attention of a god, you must be an exceptional individual… It seems a God’s eyes do seem more than a mortal’s.”

“I am not a noble yet, just a scholar under Lord Angus of Red Stone. I also have another identity as Dread Lord Vrygewig, friend of Artmer of Black Gold, who bought you and your daughter.”

Hearing my former identity, she was unfazed, but got surprised again after I mentioned Artmer.

“The boy from Black Gold? So, you do have some connections… Are we in East Argent?”

I nodded.

“I see… Anyway, what was that deal you made with my daughter? What was her part in it?” She asked, although by her expression, she seemed to still think I am a lolicon.

“I want her to become a warrior under me… I don’t have the kind of intentions you think I do.”

“You are even worse than I thought!” She bellowed, her killing intent coming with full force again. “You want my daughter to fight for you?! Are you even a man?! Do you have balls?! If you do, I’ll tear them from your body! You won’t be needing them!”

Although I always spoke with a straight face, I was really embarrassed inside. It’s bad to stoop so low, but Violet is a rare material for Lord-class. My life is at stake here!

“Please don’t be mad… I don’t want to do that, but I need to get strong fast, since I will be facing people with ungodly power in the future. Violet’s Void Soul and unwavering will make her the best candidate to become a Lord-class. I’ll transform Violet into a Lord-class ghoul, that can grow with me in the path of necromancy. As someone who face the Doom King’s hordes, you should know how terrifying the Lord-class undead are.” Seeing her anger subside, I kept explaining. “And you should also know, that a Lord-class can never die while the Dread Lord lives, and while the Lord-class lives, there will always be hope for the Dread Lord to revive. I will take good care of her.”

That was all true. Lord-class undead are too powerful, and the power that makes Necromancers able to fight someone an entire level above them.

In this reality, there are few who can fight people and species an entire level above their own. The only ones capable of such were the True Dragons, the Chosen ones of powerful gods and demons, the Demon Lords and some great races.

And of course, the Lord-class undeads.

Ghoul Lords, Wraith Lords, Death Beast Lords and so on. All of them were too powerful and have powers that neither magic nor science can explain, a irrational existence whose purpose from birth is to defy death.

Undying, Unaging, Unnatural, the ultimate being that doesn’t accept death, the true Undead.

That is what a Lord-class represents.

“I see… It’s not like either of us have a choice, but it’s like Violet said, you look like a pussy, so it would be difficult for you to really harm us.” Mary sneered.

With both parties in agreement, I prepared the ritual.

It looked the same as the one I prepared for Mary, but the Magic circle was completely different. If anyone else tried to copy it, they would always fail, and someone who’s not a necromancer would never be able to draw it. Just its existence already repelled the laws of the world; I could see multi-colored threads rushing away from the circle like running from the plague. The circle still had air, but whomever looked at it would feel as if it were a vacuum, a Void.

Even Sixth frowned after seeing it.

Such magic circle… It was made by a transcendent. But who? Could it have been the King of the Despairing? Scarlet? No, this bends towards the truest void… Maybe it was Void? I’ll ask Scarlet.” He thought.

As Sixth took a picture of the Magic Circle with his phone, I was done with the preparation. Violet was covered in runes, that crawled thought her skin like worms. I did all those with normal chalk for inscribing in bodies, but they became like this after finished.

Indeed. The powers of necromancy are beyond the scope of what common science and magic can explain.

Violet laid on the magic circle and the ritual was conducted, with Albert aiding me with his instructions again.

The process was different from Mary’s as well. Violet didn’t fell anything. Calm mist materialized on the air. But I don’t really know if it was mist. Whenever I looked at it, I felt as if the mere concept of looking, acknowledging and recognizing didn’t exist. My head couldn’t even understand what that was, and I just think it should have been mist because of my previous experiences with necromancy.

And after that ‘mist’ entered Violet’s body, her body didn’t change. Nothing changed. She was the same as when the ritual started. There was no special effects, or any screams and sound of cracking bones like with Mary. But I could feel it, the power inside her. A seed inside her soul that connected with mine. I could feel that she was now my companion in the path of defying ‘death’.

Finally, I started to really understand what really ‘death’ is, and what it means to be unliving.

Life is being.

Death is void.

Unlife is to be, without ever falling into void. It isn’t simply living forever, but to never be erased from existence, to be independent from it.

That day, Violet and I embarked into the journey to Un-life.

4