Chapter 21: You are really something alright?!
86 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A normal Ghoul has the ability to recover after eating flesh, but the Ghoul Lord has a completely different ability.

Lord-class undead can evolve and after each level of evolution, they receive a new ability beyond the ones their common counterparts would have. A Ghoul Lord can, aside from recovering when eating flesh, also strengthen their bodies after eating the flesh of beings that possessed mana.

A Martial Artist doesn't have a powerful body. They can only expend mana to attack and defend, something even a Magus can do, but doesn’t do in such a wasteful way like most Martial Artists.

Only Daoists, Warlocks, Demonic practitioners, and some others can truly strengthen their bodies.

But not nearly to the same level a ghoul lord can. If a Daoist with a body-strengthening sutra is cut by a magic sword, they will still be cut normally.

But If a Ghoul has consumed a hundred kilograms of flesh, they would only receive a scratch from a magic weapon. If they have eaten a ton, even if a one-layered attack-focused spell is used, it wouldn't even leave a mark. If a ghoul lord eats flesh above its own level, the effect is even better. After eating enough, a ghoul can transcend their own level.

Lord-Class undead are the true reason why Dread Lords are powerful, each one of them has growth potential and have weird powers that common magic can't copy.

After Violet's transformation was done, I took out a sword from my Space Bag.

It was a crimson oversized sword, double-edged and three meters long and thirty centimeters wide. I was able to hold it using the mana I had recovered, but It was so heavy the expenditure wasn't low. The sword also had a leather strap attached to its sheath so it could be hung on the body, but It would still scratch the ground even if a grown man had it on his back, which is why the sheath is only one and a half meters long, but it was enchanted with space magic.

Even Martial Artists wouldn't use this sword easily, usually, only people with naturally powerful bodies would. However, it is still inconvenient because of its swinging speed, this is actually something only warlocks would use.

I gave violet the sword and she took it with her two hands and swung it.

“Light…” She said, her face filled with surprise.

The sword was swung as if it were just a common greatsword, even though it wasn't nearly as fast as a normal sword or a shortsword, it was still being swung much faster than it should have been.

A Ghoul Lord's body is one of the best among the magic-type special undead, It was almost on par with a physical undead like the Death Creatures (Also called Death Beasts).

“Yes. With your body now, it is only a matter of time before lifting a few tons is possible.” I said, nodding in satisfaction. “We have to go now, we spent too much time inside and the concealing spell has run out of power a long time ago. We can't let a patrol spot us.”

Although it didn’t feel like it, the ritual lasted more than one hour. But our perception of time was impaired by the ‘mist’.

I retrieved the sword from Violet and the four of us went out of the hole.

All three of us could just use death energy/mana to give our legs an impulse. It’s slightly wasteful, but there’s no need to cast a spell again.

But I then remembered we are really far from the city, so I cast Avril’s leg impulse and Cat’s Dexterity again, it took as much time as before to get to the city. I was already really tired from all the running and rituals, my body was healthy, but my mind is still as lazy as before.

I had to re-cast Lesser Disguise, since it seems like It was dispelled after I exhausted my mana casting the two spells. I had to recover mana for a while before entering.

We went back to Bosta Merchant Guild, and directly to Artmer's Office. Even though he didn't inherit the position of Guild Master yet, he was already a member of the guild and already did his own business, and he wasn't only good, he was a great merchant and the elders of the Black Gold Family thought highly of him. That was a give since he was making a personal deal with the head tailor of Mi-jo earlier today.

“Hey Art. I'm back.” Even though I didn't like the way he treated Violet, I can't blame him, and he is still (Something like) my friend. This society is different from mine after all.

Actually, Violet didn’t even care by the looks of it, even after the ‘training’ Bosta gave her. Nobles really uphold the ideal that there are not eternal friends or enemies, only eternal benefits. Violet didn’t seem to hold any grudge against Artmer, since any other noble or merchant wouldn’t have acted differently.

Artmer was looking through some documents, and when he saw me enter, looked up and smiled.

"Hey, Vry! Had your fun with that little girl? hehehe" He said, his intention obvious.

But then Artmer saw Mary and Violet coming behind me, especially because Mary was walking on her own and without her empty expression, he turned serious.

“Vry, you were able to fix her?” He said, without a hint of surprise. Artmer’s eyes were filled with caution instead. “You know she is a Magus, right? Not only that, she is a fifth rank Initiate Magus that is almost on the second level of Adept Magus. She wasn't restrained by any spells so it's dangerous for you to walk around with her.”

“Don't worry. Me and Madam Mary already made a deal, and I obviously have my own leverage to support it. She is now my partner, not my slave. Her daughter is also my partner.” I said calmly.

When Art heard me say that he looked at me, then at Mary and then at Violet. He hastily got up and put both his hands on my shoulders.

“I didn't make a mistake by befriending you! You are really something alright?! You spent a few hours with mother and daughter and put both of them under you?! Brother! Please teach me your secrets!”

When I saw Art's shining eyes and lecherous expression, I didn't know whether I should have laughed or cried.

Teach you my secrets?

I am on the path to become a Wizard! What secrets could I have?!

“Brother Art, please don't pour salt over my wound…”

6