Chapter 22: [Third Brother] Devil.
78 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

For someone who is a talent of the young generation, Artmer really does let his hormones get the better of him sometimes.

I quickly explained the situation to him, not mentioning the part where the two of them become undead, and he quickly apologized for his behavior.

We sat and chatted a little, and he told me more about Mary’s identity.

“Madam Mary isn’t just a talented magus, she’s also a great swordswoman and dominated many battlefields, countless first level beings of the Doom King’s army were slain by her, and she even killed a second level officer one time, although he was wounded and tired.” He explained her past, which made me respect her more as a war veteran. “That aside, she is also the bastard daughter of the Veritas king with a baronet. Although her mother is only a baronet, she inherited an Indigo soul when combined with her royal lineage, she also attended many events of the higher aristocracy from childhood after demonstrating her talents. Not only that, her Magus soul is innately more powerful when using fire and wind elements.”

It seems like Mary is even more amazing than I imagined, if she didn’t lose her mind, it is unlikely that she would end up as a slave. It seems like the one that cast the magic that destroyed her mind was the Doom King himself, not even a fifth level healer would be able to heal her for sure.

After we chatted and had some tea and pastries, I asked Artmer to use his connections to prepare a good staff for Mary and a custom armor for Violet(Since she’s too small to use the ones I have) He also told me that the people from Pica that we killed would go through facial alteration and I could take their corpses after that, which is good since the limit of Ghouls increased to fifty after I advanced to the second rank; I should also come back tomorrow, since his father was finally ready to receive me.

Mary, Violet and I exited Bosta.

While walking on the road, we saw a weird scene.

A young man sat in the middle of the street, with a rug below him. The man was extremely conspicuous, but people seemed to pass by without noticing him, not even glancing at him actually. However, what caught my attention the most was something else…

He was almost exactly like Sixth.

The man had white hair and red eyes, as well as smooth white skin. However, the look in his eyes was fiercer, sharp like a sword, but he had on a sly smile like a street vendor. He also only wore a loose white robe, unlike Sixth who always wears a T-shirt and Jeans.

When the man appeared, Sixth went towards him, without his usual smug smile but with his rare serious expression.

“Devil. What are you doing here?” He asked frowning, obviously displeased by his presence.

The man, Devil, looked at Sixth with his smile still on his face. His smile was a sly and fake smile, like a politician’s.

“Hey Sixth. I’m here to sell some goods to our friend over there…” He paused for a second, Sixth was getting more displeased. “On GM’s request, of course. The others will come later as well.”

Sixth’s displeasure disappeared the moment he heard the words ‘GM’s Request’. Now he seemed surprised instead… I wonder who GM is?

While I thought to myself, the second Sixth waved at me, gesturing for me to approach. I didn’t have to walk, since space bent, and I appeared in front of him instantly.

“Hello little guy. You can call me Devil, but that’s more of a nickname. Also, I’m not the Devil you’re thinking of. I’m much more powerful than him.” He said with a chuckle.

“You are one of Sixth’s brothers?”

“We aren’t exactly brothers, but for simplicity’s sake, it’s easier to call us that. I am the third brother, while Sixth is the seventh.”

I don’t know why the Seventh brother would be called Sixth, but I can’t understand how gods think. I learned that lesson after living with Sixth for a year.

Quoting something he said: “There was that one time I had to shit while my upper body was in a world, my stomach was in another dimension and my lower body was on another reality giving a speech. Why did I do that? Probably because I wanted to give a speech using my ass… And so I could tell this story to a mortal one day. Both of those things give me a weird sense of satisfaction.”

Yeah, I can't understand how Gods think.

“What are you doing here?”

“Well... I came here to sell these.”

With a wave of his hand, three balls appeared on top of the rug.

“You can buy one of these, but only one. I can't tell you what they are, but you will definitely find them useful on the second level of this reality's scale of power…” When he felt Sixth's literal laser gaze he added. “But they aren't anything that doesn't already exist in this world.” And only then did Sixth stop laser-staring his face. (He literally had lasers coming out of his eyes.)

“And how much do they cost…?” I was afraid that he would ask for my soul or something like that.

“The cost is to accomplish a mission. My other brothers will each bring their wares later on and you have to accomplish their missions as well.”

“And what is the mission?” I asked, relieved I didn't have to sell my soul…

But Devil's answer didn't fail to disappoint me.

“If I told you It would be too easy… But you can ask Sixth for some tips. He doesn't know what the mission is, but he does know what my personality and quirks are like so he can give you some help.” He said with a devilish grin. (Pun intended.)

“Also. If you break through the second level, the deal is canceled. Good luck.”

After he wished me good luck(?), Devil disappeared in a flash and I went back to my original position.

The flow of people went back to normal after Devil disappeared, and Violet and Mary acted as if nothing had happened.

When I turned to look at Sixth, he had a wry smile on his face.

“Any tips?” I asked mentally.

“Knowing Devil… My best tip is to enter politics.” Sixth said with his usual smug smile.

As useful as ever Sixth...

5