Chapter 24: Sign here, here, put a bomb in your chest and we’re through.
80 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up screaming and instinctively got up from the bed and went for the door.

“Why did mom let you in! I told her not to let you wake me up!” I screamed after opening the door.

However, when my drowsiness disappeared, I saw Violet standing in front of me.

“Violet?!” I jumped in surprise, my indifferent expression had already disappeared the moment I woke up, so the full shock I felt was showing in my face.

But I quickly recomposed myself.

“I’m sorry Violet. I was probably dreaming.” I apologized. But then realized the situation we were in.

A transmigrator with a loli slave that woke him up in the middle of the night for seemingly no reason at all…

If there is a god, I want to tell him that I am not a lolicon! Stop forcing Isekai gags on me! I don’t want that!

“Violet, it’s already late. Go to sleep. Someone could misunderstand seeing you in front of my door.”

While I was jumping to idiotic conclusions, Violet only stood there with a smile on her face. Her smile only intensified my suspicions, but her next words made me forget what I was thinking about.

“I already told you that those Isekai novels would rot your brain. What do you think this is? An Isekai gag? It’s not like those really happen!” She said, her grin and nagging seemed familiar…

“Brian?” I asked, not believing what I heard.

But my doubt didn’t last long.

“Brian! You big fucking nerd! I thought you were dead!” I said, hugging him(?) off the ground.

Only Brian nagged me that way! There’s no way it could be someone else!

“It’s good to see you again as well, my chunni friend.” Violet smiled while returning the hug. “Now release me. Otherwise that gag will really happen.”

Noticing that I was hugging a loli, not my friend, I threw her little body inside the room and closed the door.

Unfortunately, a spy from Bosta was keeping watch outside, and saw the entire scene. Thus, my identity as a lolicon was sealed.

 

 

Inside the room, I was sitting in a chair while Violet was sitting on another across the square table.

“So… How the hell did you reincarnate?” I asked.

“Yeah. How the hell did you reincarnate?” Sixth, who was by my side, asked as well.

Violet looked at me and the god and explained the story.

“GM did what?!” Sixth got up from the chair and slammed his hands on the table.

He wasn’t angry, he just seemed surprised.

“He told me I should help someone. It seems he meant I should help Kyle.” Violet replied nonchalantly.

Sixth sat back and scratched his head while mumbling something I couldn’t hear.

I tried to speak to Sixth again, but he kept mumbling while ignoring me.

“So…” Violet ignored Sixth and continued our conversation.

We talked for the remainder of the night, while GM disappeared for some reason, he didn’t even leave a clone to watch me.

I told Brian… Violet, what happened after she died on earth, aside from what she already knew. Like who won some reality show she liked, the recent technologies that appeared in the short span of a few years, how he lost the sequel of a game we played together…

She also asked if I got a girlfriend… She laughed, I laughed, Sixth appeared again just to laugh, it was a fun joke.

After that we started speaking about gods and stuff, it seems like she even met Earth’s goddess… She was a really chill woman, who never really interfered much on earth, and preferred to fool around with mortals… Basically a female Zeus.

After the two of us got tired of talking, Violet went back to her room and I went back to sleep.

 

 

The morning after, we went to Bosta to speak with Artmer’s father, Bartolomeo of Black Gold.

I was nervous, since I would meet one of the bigwigs of the Kingdom. Although Artmer and I have a friendly relation, if his father doesn’t like me, it’s all over… Although the overall stance of Bosta seems to be leaning towards recruiting me.

After getting to Bosta, Artmer received me and the two of us went to the waiting room outside Bartolomeo’s office.

Fifteen minutes after arriving, someone exited Bartolomeo’s office and the secretary called my name.

I got up with slightly shaking legs, but an indifferent expression.

Pushing the door lightly, I entered the office…

Just after passing through the door, I felt all of the mana inside my body become trapped inside it, and my disguise was dispelled… However, I kind of expected that, so it wasn’t a surprise. Bartolomeo isn’t strong himself, but even fifth rank Magi come visit him, it would be weird if there weren’t any defensive measures in his office.

The office, differently from what I expected, was simple and not unlike a normal rustic office. Wood furniture and bookstands, one or another painting of old men, as well as Artmer and the man in front of me, Bartolomeo.

He didn’t look much like Artmer. Not only was he tall and strong, his entire countenance was the same as that of a warrior. No one in their right mind would call this man a merchant.

Bartolomeo was reading some documents and gestured for me to sit, and there was a silence that lasted a few minutes, before he spoke.

“Kyle, no surname. Allegedly the bastard son of a noble, works for Baron Angus of Red Stone. First reported appearance was at the outskirts of Red Stone Town, wearing rough clothing. Knows how to read, write, and practices magic, possessing a Yellow Magus Soul. Is known to have good talent with spell tailoring and was praised by Head Tailor Naveen of the Mi-jo guild. Classified: Also has another identity as the necromancer, Vrygewig, and has good relations with the Bosta guild.” He read the information in the paper and put it on the desk, turning it to me. Aside from those lines, there was also another two pages of information.

“I’ve worked as a merchant for more than twenty years, but this is my first time seeing such a small intelligence report…” Bartolomeo said, looking at me with his ferocious expression.

At that moment, cold sweat started forming in my back, and I gulped dry saliva.

“Do you think I am a spy?” I asked.

Bartolomeo shook his head.

“No. A spy would have a normal intelligence report, even if he wasn’t found out.” He corrected be and pointed to the papers. “This, is the information of someone that shouldn’t even exist… No birthplace, nothing before a year ago… It’s as if wind suddenly gained a body and started walking around.” Bartolomeo said.

“I’ll be honest with you. If someone like you appeared usually, I would kill you, bury the corpse and then pour salt on the earth…” Bartolomeo said, but weirdly, there was no killing intent.

“Usually?” I asked.

“Yes, usually.” Bartolomeo paused.

“However, I am a man that trusts his instincts, and they saved me many times, as well as guided me through many problems.”

He opened a drawer and put it on the table, the lines on this paper were weird, and wasn’t anything like the common language. The words were written with golden ink, and I could feel mana coursing through the paper.

“My instincts are telling me you should be hired. But I’m also an extremely cautious man.”

“Sign this contract, and not only will you leave this room alive, you will also be a formal member of Bosta’s hidden forces.” Bartolomeo said, this time, I could see a slight smile on his face.

I looked at the contract again, and although the words were weird, the moment I touched it, the meaning of the words entered my head.

It was the information on the clauses of the contract, the conditions of the deal, what were my duties and rights… It wasn’t much different from a common employment contract, aside from a special clause.

This clause said that I had to create a way to kill myself at any time, and such method can’t be affected by a Dread Trial. The trigger should then be delivered to Bartolomeo of Black Gold. I can’t attempt to increase my level as a Dread Lord before doing so.

“This last clause may look weird, but it’s standard for hiring a Dread Lord. After all, we can’t have a crazy Dread Lord causing havoc if you fail a trial.” Bartolomeo explained.

“That aside, you should know this is a magic contract that was bought from the church of Rodu, a fifth level one. It was expensive, even for our standards, so consider it a proof of our honesty.”

I knew there were other cases of Dread Lords being hired, it wouldn’t make sense for there to be none.

Usually anyone, or at least the me from earth, would be outraged to have ‘implant a bomb in your chest’ as a clause to a contract.

But the circumstances in this world were different, and mine were even more special. The fact that there was relative freedom aside from that clause is already proof that they wanted to have a friendly relation. The noble way of thinking in this world is weird, since even Violet didn’t hold grudges after being tortured.

I don’t have much choice on signing this contract, but this is also exactly what I wanted…

Now, I have some backing.

I thought as I signed the contract.

3