Chapter 25: Back home.
71 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Okay. There’s details on your new position here… Wait for further instructions and go back to Red Stone.” Bartolomeo shook my hand and gave me a stack of papers, along with a mask.

I put the mask on, and not only my face, but my entire body changed to Sixth’s appearance. Not only was it greatly detailed, I could also touch it, as if it were real.

This magic tool was of the third level, and I could charge it with my own mana, although the consumption was a little higher than the spell I used previously. But the effects are equal to a second level spell.

After exiting the office, Artmer came to me with a worried face… He really seems to consider me a friend already… But why does the look in his eyes send a chill down my spine?

“How was it?” He asked, grabbing my shoulders.

I showed him the papers. After reading the papers, he smiled and patted my shoulder while laughing.

“Hahahaha! I knew it! No, it’s even better than I expected! To think the elders and father would like you so much! What kind of illusion spell did you use on them?!”

As if any illusion I know would work on them baka.

Artmer seemed really happy, and I knew the reason. The terms they gave me are really good, and just my standard wages are two thousand gold coins per month, that’s not even counting the benefits, like access to Bosta’s facilities and discounts on purchases from the guild, and on hiring guild personnel.

“Okay, okay. I’m sorry brother Art, but I have to leave now… I’m already extending my vacation.” I said, showing a slight smile. I’m obviously happy receiving that much money, after all, that means I have a way to survive in this world and live a good life…

However, it’s not like I can just relax all day… If I don’t become stronger, and accumulate more influence, it’s only a matter of time before those Protagonists come to me and reap my life.

Soon after, Violet and Mary came.

“Are we leaving already?” Violet asked, while eating a meat skewer… She looks so cute.

“Let’s leave. I already bought a disguise magic tool.” Mary said. She now looked different from before, not only was her hair blonde and her eyes blue, even her voice changed a little.

Mary isn’t very well known, but there are still people that would recognize her, so she decided to hide her identity, lest she attracts trouble to the three of us.

“Well… It can’t be helped. You still have your own matters to attend.” Artmer sighed, releasing my shoulder. “Since you guys already packed, follow me to the Eagle nest. It’s a lot faster to take an eagle than a carriage.”

We nodded and followed Artmer.

This world also has aerial transportation, namely aerial beasts. They are expensive to train, so usually only organizations would have them.

Artmer would have been safer taking an eagle instead of going with a caravan when coming here, but it seems that monitoring air transportation is easy, and doing so would make Pica and Bosta fight with their experts. Customs dictate that killing an expert or important person of another organization is a grave offense and would be a righteous reason for war. It is unusual for guilds to directly fight using experts because of that, the amount of chaos that would cause is too big.

We arrived at the Eagle nest, and I saw a lot of giant eagles, some that were already first level Magical Beasts, Fierce Beasts.

“Take this level one eagle, the travel is on me this time… Have a safe trip.” Artmer said and called the nestmaster to arrange our departure.

The procedures ended fast, and we were already taking off a few minutes later.

I waved at Artmer as we took off in the giant poke… The giant eagle. It would probably take a while before I return to the capital…

 

 

The eagle flew as fast as a jet (literally), and we took only a few hours to get to the outskirts of Red Stone Town. The flight wasn’t turbulent because of the enchanted saddle, so we were fine after landing.

I took off my mask, while Mary put on hers, and then the three of us entered the town. The eagle had already flown away.

The patrols recognized me and saluted, even as a scholar, my status was much higher than theirs. I walked leisurely to the manor and greeted Henri who was on guard duty.

As soon as I arrived, I went to Lord Angus’ office to report my return, but as soon as I got to the door, it opened before I could do anything.

“Goodbye cousin, I’ll talk to you later.” A feminine voice said.

There was a woman in exquisite white noble clothes that showed a lot of skin. The woman had delicate silk gloves in her hands, and an imposing noble air surrounded her.

I recognized that woman, from the Kingdom’s most recent version of the Royalty Records.

She is the Crown Princess, and the Genius of the Kingdom, who possesses a white Magus Soul: Princess Victoria Sulven of Argent.

After the current King’s death, there is no doubt she is the one that will become the Queen.

Meeting her was a surprise, but not the biggest surprise…

She was talking to Lord Angus, and called him ‘cousin’…

A princess wouldn’t call someone who’s not a royal cousin like that, even if it’s a bastard. But Lord Angus wasn’t even in the book of Royalty…

I probably wasn’t supposed to have heard this…

Just as I thought that, a small hand grasped my neck and threw me inside the room.

3